Favorite Play vs. Arkansas

RunInRed

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

The one when the Arkansas player flops then pouts when it didn’t work 

This

wde

19 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

Beautiful play but I don't see why we ran that up 31-6

Gus dislikes Arkansas . We do that against UGA opening drive and the JH would’ve exploded .

If Slayton isn’t loafing on Stove’s long run on the reverse Stove may score on that play. Otherwise, looked pretty good (but Arky is pretty bad). Any road win is a good one.

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Gus dislikes Arkansas . We do that against UGA opening drive and the JH would’ve exploded .

Great reason. I hope he dislikes all of our other opponents as well to allow our play calling to be wide open

4 hours ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

It reminded me of the fake field goal last year against Arkansas State

5 hours ago, RunInRed said:

The timing of the call, the execution ... perfect!

Yes, right after the turnover. Perfect execution. It looked like we were about to run this play earlier, but the late whistle on the timeout by Arkansas stopped it. Glad the ball never pitched on that play to spoil it. 

5 hours ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

I think we ran it because we were trying to score more points...;-)

I was pretty sure someone was going to be upset that we did not save that flea flicker play until we needed it against UGa or bama.....but I thought the timing was good and execution was perfection.    

5 hours ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

It's not in Gus's MO any longer to tun something like that against a really good team or at least it seems that way. He used to but he gets all tight now when he's playing somebody who counts. I'm guessing he wouldn't run it in the remaining games at all. Doesn't matter if Chip or Gus is calling it, I just don't think it gets called. He's too afraid of a mistake. Being up by a large score gives him the opportunity. If he runs it against La Monroe then it's even more questionable. I think he figured now or never. Just my feeling on it. 

45 minutes ago, creed said:

I think we ran it because we were trying to score more points...;-)

Lol I mean, I get that man but do you see where I'm trying to come from? 

22 minutes ago, gr82be said:

It's not in Gus's MO any longer to tun something like that against a really good team or at least it seems that way. He used to but he gets all tight now when he's playing somebody who counts. I'm guessing he wouldn't run it in the remaining games at all. Doesn't matter if Chip or Gus is calling it, I just don't think it gets called. He's too afraid of a mistake. Being up by a large score gives him the opportunity. If he runs it against La Monroe then it's even more questionable. I think he figured now or never. Just my feeling on it. 

Great point! I love hearing people's opinions on these type of things 

39 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I was pretty sure someone was going to be upset that we did not save that flea flicker play until we needed it against UGa or bama.....but I thought the timing was good and execution was perfection.    

Not "upset" but wondering why you use it in a game when you're up 31-6 instead of a closer, more competitive game. Curious is a better word 

22 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

Not "upset" but wondering why you use it in a game when you're up 31-6 instead of a closer, more competitive game. Curious is a better word 

A reasonable question I guess but I figure there is never a bad time to hit an opponent with something unexpected ....and I'm guessing there are other versions of that play available.

For me...it was great to see Chip call a play that did not look like a standard Auburn play.   That will give opponents something to think about next time they see the sweep with Davis....and perhaps keep the DB from closing on the corner to stop the sweep.   JMO.   

But it was a thing of beauty wasn't it. ?

If we never run it again, they are aware of it and have to consider it. Many times in this O it’s more about the setup than anything else. 

1 hour ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

Lol I mean, I get that man but do you see where I'm trying to come from? 

Not really. It was still the 3rd and we needed more points. So where are you coming from?..explain.

Archived