My Challenge to You

abw0004

Good morning all,

I hope this finds everyone off to a great start of their week.  With another week under our belts, and another win, I wanted to challenge each and every one of you for the rest of our 2017 season.  The challenge?  Be as supportive as you can for our players sake.  Not the coaches, but the players.

What do I mean?  Well, we are about to head into the critical stretch of our season.  This past Saturday I saw Kamyrn Pettway get back into his old self again, and that sure did feel good.  I saw our offensive players really enjoy the game, and support those on the field when they, themselves were not playing.  I saw young players start to believe they can be out on that field and compete confidently with the veterans.  I saw everything start to come back, like it was.  This week we have the opportunity to rest up, and heal up.  We have time to go put together a solid game plan for Texas A&M and set us up for Georgia.  We have the talent to compete and beat the teams left on our schedule.  We have the assistant coaches to get it done, and a head coach that should stay out of the way.  So what the last piece?  The fans.

It is the worst kept secret that the majority of the writers who report on Auburn football derive their information from the board.  Whether it is actual information on practices, to player health, to the mood of the fan base.  What they write depends really on how this board is feeling on any particular day.  I want to challenge you to stop "boycotting" the games.  And when the UGA game rolls around, go to it with guns blazing.  Our players need to know how much we believe in them, and support them.  We need to make it loud for them, and make sure UGA can't hear what they guy next to them is saying.  Anyone who has ever played a sport knows that a crowd is a big motivational factor.  And if you have been to a game this year, you know it is for our guys.  If you have been to games this year, you have seen Jeff Holland not just raise his hands up in the air for noise, but turn to the crowd and ask they get loud.  You have seen players thanking the crowd when the jumbtron focuses in on them highlighting their big night.  You have seen players run to the end zone opposite of the jumbotron hyping the crowd up.  They feed off of us.

So let's stop bragging about how you refused to watch a game on television, or will not go to a game thinking it will hurt the university somehow, and show the players that we truly are a family and have their backs.  All of our games are winnable, so why not do everything you can to make sure that happens?  I will now get off my soapbox.  :jossun:

14 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Good morning all,

I hope this finds everyone off to a great start of their week.  With another week under our belts, and another win, I wanted to challenge each and every one of you for the rest of our 2017 season.  The challenge?  Be as supportive as you can for our players sake.  Not the coaches, but the players.

What do I mean?  Well, we are about to head into the critical stretch of our season.  This past Saturday I saw Kamyrn Pettway get back into his old self again, and that sure did feel good.  I saw our offensive players really enjoy the game, and support those on the field when they, themselves were not playing.  I saw young players start to believe they can be out on that field and compete confidently with the veterans.  I saw everything start to come back, like it was.  This week we have the opportunity to rest up, and heal up.  We have time to go put together a solid game plan for Texas A&M and set us up for Georgia.  We have the talent to compete and beat the teams left on our schedule.  We have the assistant coaches to get it done, and a head coach that should stay out of the way.  So what the last piece?  The fans.

It is the worst kept secret that the majority of the writers who report on Auburn football derive their information from the board.  Whether it is actual information on practices, to player health, to the mood of the fan base.  What they write depends really on how this board is feeling on any particular day.  I want to challenge you to stop "boycotting" the games.  And when the UGA game rolls around, go to it with guns blazing.  Our players need to know how much we believe in them, and support them.  We need to make it loud for them, and make sure UGA can't hear what they guy next to them is saying.  Anyone who has ever played a sport knows that a crowd is a big motivational factor.  And if you have been to a game this year, you know it is for our guys.  If you have been to games this year, you have seen Jeff Holland not just raise his hands up in the air for noise, but turn to the crowd and ask they get loud.  You have seen players thanking the crowd when the jumbtron focuses in on them highlighting their big night.  You have seen players run to the end zone opposite of the jumbotron hyping the crowd up.  They feed off of us.

So let's stop bragging about how you refused to watch a game on television, or will not go to a game thinking it will hurt the university somehow, and show the players that we truly are a family and have their backs.  All of our games are winnable, so why not do everything you can to make sure that happens?  I will now get off my soapbox.  :jossun:

Nobody is boycotting anything . Just message board fodder 

Love your optimism and positivity, but we always have been supportive of our players. It's coaching--they have to put our players in the best position to win football games. It's always good to blow a fellow SEC opponent out, but that's what Malzahn-coached teams do. They blow out inferior SEC opponents. Your post can be warranted if we beat a very good football team like Georgia and Alabama. 

Just now, AUDynasty said:

Love your optimism and positivity, but we always have been supportive of our players.

Unfortunately there was one person on the game thread that was praising the injury of Daruis James.  I know that is an outlier, but I still wanted to reiterate it.

I will always, always, always pull for the players in the AU jerseys. However, that doesn't mean I am expecting our coach to miraculously find his head out of his own butt during big games nor do I think he will ever fix his clock management or substitution issues. For me personally,  it helps to ease the soul immensely to stop expecting these, and other, deficiencies to change and just hope our players can play well enough to overcome the shortcomings on the sideline. 

Our players are good. Very good, in fact and I am ecstatic we have the roster that we have.

Archived