Countdown to tip-off!

Auhud08

(Not a basketball guru, but love to watch)

The Auburn Men’s Basketball season will tip-off in 10 days as the Tigers take on the Barry University Bucs (7 CT) in an exhibition game in Auburn Arena. This year the Tigers will look to build on an impressive 2016-17 season where the Tigers finished 18-14 and make the NCAA tournament for the first time since 2003. Expectations are high despite outside noise, and many will look to see how the Tigers start to determine whether they can finish. The next week, on Friday Nov. 10th, the Tigers will officially start the season against Norfolk State (7 CT). 

These two games will serve as a good warm-up before the Tigers head to South Carolina to take on Indiana State in the Charleston Classic (11/16 10:30AM CT). The field includes Dayton, Clemson, Hofstra, Old Dominion, Ohio, and Temple. Winning the classic would be a huge step in the right direction and would bode well for their NCAA tournament hopes. 

I don't know that I would call last year impressive. But I'm looking forward to the basketball season and seeing who all we have out there when the season starts. If everybody is there we should have a pretty decent team I think. I mean we did run rough shed over the best Italy had to offer 

8 minutes ago, gravejd said:

I don't know that I would call last year impressive. But I'm looking forward to the basketball season and seeing who all we have out there when the season starts. If everybody is there we should have a pretty decent team I think. I mean we did run rough shed over the best Italy had to offer 

True...seem to have depth and better balance....and maybe some respect for the need for defense.

But.... just wondering if in  visitor arenas will students  be holding up dollar signs when players are introduced ?

I remember what some did with Cam.....and in basketball the students are right on the floor and able to interact with the players.   JMO but our players are going to need tough skin when they go on the road.

We have a group of losers if we let dollar signs in the crowd affect their play.

I don't think this is the case. I don't even see how a player would take offense to it actually. They'd probably find it funny.

If I were an opposing student, I’d absolutely be all over these guys. It’s part of the fun. Of course there are gonna be dollar bills and signs and all kinds of stuff going on..especially if we live up to the potential and are actually having a good season. If I were Bruce and co, I’d just have fun with it. It would be a losing fight otherwise. 

Investigations aside, if we are decent on defense this team could be dangerous. Tons of offensive talent, especially once Wiley is healthy. New depth should provide a decent boost to defense imo.

For a moment in time we were an NCAA bubble team. Thats impressive considering we havent been since 03.

But i know what you mean, it shouldnt been impressive and probably really isnt except for the above fact

3 hours ago, Auhud08 said:

For a moment in time we were an NCAA bubble team. Thats impressive considering we havent been since 03.

But i know what you mean, it shouldnt been impressive and probably really isnt except for the above fact

Haha, the moment AU starts getting bubble talk, they fall apart. Let's save it for when they are locked in to the tournament one day.

On 10/25/2017 at 9:23 AM, Auhud08 said:

@JwgreDeux you gonna be doing the previews again this year? What are your thoughts on this team (with current roster)?

I am going to try to do it again. I really enjoyed it. 

3 hours ago, JwgreDeux said:

I am going to try to do it again. I really enjoyed it. 

If Between me and you?  I vote you!  Enjoyed them last year.

i really really like when other people on the board spend the time and do all the hard stuff!

Archived