AU @ TAMU set for 11 AM

Awbee

Gotta say I'm really surprised that we didn't get the 2:30 spot but I guess it makes sense that they'd showcase the only other undefeated team. I think our game will be more competitive than that one will be, especially since it's gonna be in Athens.

Oh well, less vocal crowd for that one is good news for us. The boys will just have to get up early.

We've played well in the last several noon games. Last one we stunk up was 2015 vs UGA.

We should be happy about this. When it happens at a home game, we complain because it takes the crowd out. I'll gladly take that at Kyle Field. 

29 minutes ago, Awbee said:

I feel it could benefit us more if the crowd is sleepy, but considering the run of success TAMU is on right now, I could see them being motivated, even if it is an early kickoff. We just gotta hope the boys show up with the same fire. 

1 hour ago, lca408 said:

Gotta say I'm really surprised that we didn't get the 2:30 spot but I guess it makes sense that they'd showcase the only other undefeated team. I think our game will be more competitive than that one will be, especially since it's gonna be in Athens.

Oh well, less vocal crowd for that one is good news for us. The boys will just have to get up early.

Wasn't CBS's call.  Since it's a double-header day for them, they get choices 1 & 3.  Choice 1 was Bama/LSU.  We are the #2 game, so ESPN took us.

As someone who will be there, that's an early wake up call.

3 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Wasn't CBS's call.  Since it's a double-header day for them, they get choices 1 & 3.  Choice 1 was Bama/LSU.  We are the #2 game, so ESPN took us.

As someone who will be there, that's an early wake up call.

Yep, we do have the bye this Saturday. We can use it to practice drinking early......be ready for that early call. 

This is bullsheyt. I have had to work Saturday night the last two effing weeks. Gotta work that Saturday daytime. I hate 11 o'clock games and I hate working. I'm just hating everything dam thing. 

3 hours ago, triangletiger said:

I gotta think that favors the visiting team (Auburn), more so than a 2:30 or 6:30 kickoff.

I said the same thing about playing @ lsu at 2:30 instead of night. 

6 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

We should be happy about this. When it happens at a home game, we complain because it takes the crowd out. I'll gladly take that at Kyle Field. 

I doubt it matters at TAMU since they have a high military presence. That's peak time for them. 

3 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

TexAgs twitter feed has them

8-0 in 11 am games since 2013. 

I guess they don't count the road games at Miss. St in 2014 and 2016.

12 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

I guess they don't count the road games at Miss. St in 2014 and 2016.

Their tweet was specific to Kyle Field games. I forgot to include. Just hope it moves to 8-1 soon. ?

Archived