Georgia Recruiting

bmartin3228

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, bmartin3228 said:

Dude has 5 star fields(with offense that doesn't fit ) , and 2 5 star running backs . Our coaches are getting throated by UGA in recruiting and field . 

dammit this isn’t freaking good. They’re about to blast this damn competitive series out of the park.

Guess I would not be surprised.....any kid that looks at an AU sports site is bound to believe that Gus is history at the end of the season so why would he want to come here?  .  Talk about Field and an offense that won't fit......if many AU fans have their way, we won't have a clue what our offense will look like until the end of this year at best.

People obviously have a right to say what they want but, JMO....AU fans are in the process of destroying our recruiting effort.

13 minutes ago, AU64 said:

if many AU fans have their way, we won't have a clue what our offense will look like until the end of this year at best.

With Gus, we don't know till halfway through any season anyway

26 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Guess I would not be surprised.....any kid that looks at an AU sports site is bound to believe that Gus is history at the end of the season so why would he want to come here?  .  Talk about Field and an offense that won't fit......if many AU fans have their way, we won't have a clue what our offense will look like until the end of this year at best.

People obviously have a right to say what they want but, JMO....AU fans are in the process of destroying our recruiting effort.

Recruiting has not been Malzahns problem. It is that darn coaching thing that gets in the way! 17 straight runs on first down will be something I never forget for all the wrong reasons. We are headed fast for our 4th straight mediocre season. That does a lot more than any negativity on a message board could. 

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

We knew enough to get JS on campus....but I understand your point of view.  

Just saying that a program in turmoil is not gong to be very attractive to many recruits.  If the overt campaign continues I expect UGA and bama to pick us clean before we settle the coaching situation. 

11 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Season is past halfway and Gus still has no clue. After Lindsey's presser this week, I am not optimistic things will be figured out.

Saban and Smart are elite recruiters. Gus is not. Gus has some elite recruiters on staff. It's not the fans' fault Gus has blown multiple chances to quieten the noise surrounding his job.

9 minutes ago, CR said:

Saban and Smart are elite recruiters. Gus is not. Gus has some elite recruiters on staff. It's not the fans' fault Gus has blown multiple chances to quieten the noise surrounding his job.

WE HAVE to bring home Dell McGee. Dude is absolutely killing it on the recruiting trail right now. We need as many guys like him as possible.

https://247sports.com/Season/2018-Football/CompositeCoachRankings Dell McGee right now is the top recruiter in the country when it comes to 247 rankings.

5 minutes ago, CR said:

Sure it is.....some fans are not going to let up no matter what....as some noted elsewhere ...been against Gus from day one and have never let up.   How many times has someone said not to post negative stuff here about players because they and their families read it.....so here it is again....JMO

I don't know how elite Smart is.....was recruiting for Saban....pretty easy job....and Richt always did well in his state too so no matter who is coach over there the talent is gonna show up in Athens.  I'm not sure Auburn ever out-recruited Georgia no matter who our coach was....maybe every now and then but UGA is THE state university in a football crazy state and always has the advantage.

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

Sure it is.....some fans are not going to let up no matter what....as some noted elsewhere ...been against Gus from day one and have never let up.   How many times has someone said not to post negative stuff here about players because they and their families read it.....so here it is again....JMO

I don't know how elite Smart is.....was recruiting for Saban....pretty easy job....and Richt always did well in his state too so no matter who is coach over there the talent is gonna show up in Athens.  I'm not sure Auburn ever out-recruited Georgia no matter who our coach was....maybe every now and then but UGA is THE state university in a football crazy state and always has the advantage.

If you want to see the difference in former Saban coaches see how good Kirby has recruited so far compared to McElwain. Kirby is legit when it comes to the trail.

5 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Sure it is.....some fans are not going to let up no matter what....as some noted elsewhere ...been against Gus from day one and have never let up. 

Gus has never won in Athens, Baton Rouge or Tuscaloosa. There is good reason why the fans haven’t let up.

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

If you want to see the difference in former Saban coaches see how good Kirby has recruited so far compared to McElwain. Kirby is legit when it comes to the trail.

So even if I accept that what are we supposed to do?   And McElwain....hard to know...Florida has been a mystery for many years.....all that talent down there and no matter who has been at UF, they seem to lose some of the best talent to others.

5 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Gus has never won in Athens, Baton Rouge or Tuscaloosa. There is good reason why the fans haven’t let up.

I understand that but there are ways to deal with the problem without killing the recruiting.  

A bunch of people screaming on a message board is not going to influence Leath or the BOT....but it does influence the families of kids who might be considering AU......at least that is what we are told if we make some kind of negative comment about one of the players. .  

19 minutes ago, AU64 said:

So even if I accept that what are we supposed to do?   And McElwain....hard to know...Florida has been a mystery for many years.....all that talent down there and no matter who has been at UF, they seem to lose some of the best talent to others.

Boom recruited well just did not have the results on the field. Look at all the defensive guys florida has put in the nfl that he recruited. McElwain luck is ending. He has been extremely fortunate to have back to back 9 win seasons.

31 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I understand that but there are ways to deal with the problem without killing the recruiting.  

A bunch of people screaming on a message board is not going to influence Leath or the BOT....but it does influence the families of kids who might be considering AU......at least that is what we are told if we make some kind of negative comment about one of the players. .  

Au64 I think you miss the point of a message board . Not everybody wears the glasses 24/7 . Realist , sunshine pumpers , negative Nancy's , and a bunch of Guz Malzahns lovers are here . You can say what you want, but any kid who comes to a message board to choose a school is in for a tough life . Your not correct in starting from day 1. I use to love Gus , but when defenses started to adapt and he didn't change, he cost Auburn many games because he Is stubborn .(I was done with him when I watched that crap on the 50 yard line last year in Sanford stadium) When a recruiting battle for Justin fields with his idol Cam newton helping and you play yourself out of it you have no hope . 

Im not trying to put you on blast but what I posted was facts . To be top tier which I'm guessing everybody here wants Auburn  to be, you have to recruit and put the puzzle together the right way . Saban is a good coach but hes great because of star power he bring in every year .

Back to subject , who are we going to hire to have that fire to recruit as hard as Smart . Every recruit article I see from a UGA commit is that UGA has recruited them harder then anyone . Who is the coach we can hire to have to be relentless . 

And see I can come on here and vent my frustration and someone can put me in my place so I feel better about Auburn football . 

Novel over , yes beer and golf today  , free ticket to World Series tomorrow !!!

1 minute ago, bmartin3228 said:

Au64 I think you miss the point of a message board . Not everybody wears the glasses 24/7 . Realist , sunshine pumpers , negative Nancy's , and a bunch of Guz Malzahns lovers are here . You can say what you want, but any kid who comes to a message board to choose a school is in for a tough life . Your not correct in starting from day 1. I use to love Gus , but when defenses started to adapt and he didn't change, he cost Auburn many games because he Is stubborn .(I was done with him when I watched that crap on the 50 yard line last year in Sanford stadium) When a recruiting battle for Justin fields with his idol Cam newton helping and you play yourself out of it you have no hope . 

Im not trying to put you on blast but what I posted was facts . To be top tier which I'm guessing everybody here wants Auburn  to be, you have to recruit and put the puzzle together the right way . Saban is a good coach but hes great because of star power he bring in every year .

Back to subject , who are we going to hire to have that fire to recruit as hard as Smart . Every recruit article I see from a UGA commit is that UGA has recruited them harder then anyone . Who is the coach we can hire to have to be relentless . 

And see I can come on here and vent my frustration and someone can put me in my place so I feel better about Auburn football . 

Novel over , yes beer and golf today  , free ticket to World Series tomorrow !!!

wow! congrats on the world series tix fam!

2 hours ago, bmartin3228 said:

Dude has 5 star fields(with offense that doesn't fit ) , and 2 5 star running backs . Our coaches are getting throated by UGA in recruiting and field . 

We never out-recruit UGA in the state of Georgia. There are a lot of great prospects there and we always get some of them but they get more. From time to time we beat them head to head for a Georgia kid and we will do that again this year but the numbers over there always favor UGA.

16 minutes ago, Mikey said:

We never out-recruit UGA in the state of Georgia. There are a lot of great prospects there and we always get some of them but they get more. From time to time we beat them head to head for a Georgia kid and we will do that again this year but the numbers over there always favor UGA.

That is true , which they should in state of Georgia . Zamir is from North Carolina and cook is from Florida . When I said and field I meant on the field 

7 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

WE HAVE to bring home Dell McGee. Dude is absolutely killing it on the recruiting trail right now. We need as many guys like him as possible.

Of course we said that about TRob for years, got him here, then lost him in one year. Same for McGriff. We've had great recruiters, just not had them stay long enough to optimize them. 

3 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Of course we said that about TRob for years, got him here, then lost him in one year. Same for McGriff. We've had great recruiters, just not had them stay long enough to optimize them. 

Just absolutely horrible luck with Crime Dawg. Cost us Devan Hunter in the process. SMH

It is amazing how when a recruit is looking at us or commits to us, they have a lower star ranking, but when they commit somewhere else to ranking goes up.  A good example is Cook.  Originally he was a 4-star, but now that he committed to UGA, somehow he is now a 5 star.  Same ting happened with Calvin Ashley.  I remember when he committed to us, some outlets were pegging him as a 4 star.

In the end, star rankings mean nothing to me.  Yeah it is a good feeling when you see a 5-star commit to us, but it really comes down to how they are coached.  Our defense currently has only two former 5-stars in Brown and (Tre) Williams.  The rest are 2-4 stars.  Yet, they are playing as good as Alabama's defense which is all 4-5 stars.  I think Steele and his staff have done a phenomenal job coaching these guys up, which in turn will start attracting higher rated guys.

With this, I have to give yet another shout out to my "man crush," Daniel Thomas.  Was a 2-star that is playing lights out for us.  Continuing to root for this kid.

10 hours ago, bmartin3228 said:

Au64 I think you miss the point of a message board

I understand the point of a message board and a forum.   And in my view though it's not about orange and blue glasses ...it's that some people use this message board to beat the "dead horse" until it is totally unrecognizable.  Same people with the same complaints day after day, inserting their negative comments into any OP that involves even the most remotely related opportunity.

I'm guessing they think that if they scream loud enough, long enough and often enough they will have more impact....and maybe they will have influence outside the AUForum family, but I suspect that for many who are here about every day the caustic repetition is boring.   It will be great surprise to me when one of these "anyone but Gus or JJ" posters offers up anything positive about any part of AU's athletic program.  

Archived