Georgia Recruiting

bmartin3228

11 hours ago, bmartin3228 said:

Au64 I think you miss the point of a message board . Not everybody wears the glasses 24/7 . Realist , sunshine pumpers , negative Nancy's , and a bunch of Guz Malzahns lovers are here . You can say what you want, but any kid who comes to a message board to choose a school is in for a tough life . Your not correct in starting from day 1. I use to love Gus , but when defenses started to adapt and he didn't change, he cost Auburn many games because he Is stubborn .(I was done with him when I watched that crap on the 50 yard line last year in Sanford stadium) When a recruiting battle for Justin fields with his idol Cam newton helping and you play yourself out of it you have no hope . 

Im not trying to put you on blast but what I posted was facts . To be top tier which I'm guessing everybody here wants Auburn  to be, you have to recruit and put the puzzle together the right way . Saban is a good coach but hes great because of star power he bring in every year .

Back to subject , who are we going to hire to have that fire to recruit as hard as Smart . Every recruit article I see from a UGA commit is that UGA has recruited them harder then anyone . Who is the coach we can hire to have to be relentless . 

And see I can come on here and vent my frustration and someone can put me in my place so I feel better about Auburn football . 

Novel over , yes beer and golf today  , free ticket to World Series tomorrow !!!

Now we're talking

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, AU64 said:

I understand the point of a message board and a forum.   And in my view though it's not about orange and blue glasses ...it's that some people use this message board to beat the "dead horse" until it is totally unrecognizable.  Same people with the same complaints day after day, inserting their negative comments into any OP that involves even the most remotely related opportunity.

I'm guessing they think that if they scream loud enough, long enough and often enough they will have more impact....and maybe they will have influence outside the AUForum family, but I suspect that for many who are here about every day the caustic repetition is boring.   It will be great surprise to me when one of these "anyone but Gus or JJ" posters offers up anything positive about any part of AU's athletic program.  

Fair enough

Good. get him out of there.

On October 26, 2017 at 8:12 PM, bigbird said:

With Gus, we don't know till halfway through any season anyway

Halfway through the season?  How about we never know from week to week what the O will look like. 

Smart is about to dominate us like Saban has on the recruiting trail.  That is not going to be a good thing, because Smart may actually be a pretty good coach to go along with his recruiting prowess.  We need an AD who is not afraid to hire an alpha HC to run our program.  Our two biggest rivals have alpha HCs.  If we do not respond in kind, we will be not only behind one rival with no light at the end of the tunnel, but 2.

wde

On 10/28/2017 at 5:23 PM, AUIH1 said:

Smart is about to dominate us like Saban has on the recruiting trail.  That is not going to be a good thing, because Smart may actually be a pretty good coach to go along with his recruiting prowess.  We need an AD who is not afraid to hire an alpha HC to run our program.  Our two biggest rivals have alpha HCs.  If we do not respond in kind, we will be not only behind one rival with no light at the end of the tunnel, but 2.

wde

Very very true.  James Crepea, the D-Bag, would never ask the types of questions he asks Gus to a Kirby or Saban.  I want a coach that wants to grab Saban by the ankles and use him to check Kirby for a Prostate exam.  A coach with confidence and a killer instinct.  The problem is that this type of coach is going to want total control and our pathetic people in power want total control of everything.  Auburn will never give a coach that much power.  That is why Kirby told ole Jay to go bite one.

18 hours ago, NorthGATiger said:

Very very true.  James Crepea, the D-Bag, would never ask the types of questions he asks Gus to a Kirby or Saban.  I want a coach that wants to grab Saban by the ankles and use him to check Kirby for a Prostate exam.  A coach with confidence and a killer instinct.  The problem is that this type of coach is going to want total control and our pathetic people in power want total control of everything.  Auburn will never give a coach that much power.  That is why Kirby told ole Jay to go bite one.

Let's see.....that's what McElwain thought he had at UF.....and whoa.......learned he did not .  

JMO but coaches earn their "power" by their accomplishments not be demanding it as a condition of their employment.  

Richt had a tremendous record at UGA but do you think he had absolute control.?    And who other than NS has that kind of power?  As someone noted, McE was as arrogant as NS but could not duplicate his W-L results....so.....good bye. 

6 hours ago, AU64 said:

Let's see.....that's what McElwain thought he had at UF.....and whoa.......learned he did not .  

JMO but coaches earn their "power" by their accomplishments not be demanding it as a condition of their employment.  

Richt had a tremendous record at UGA but do you think he had absolute control.?    And who other than NS has that kind of power?  As someone noted, McE was as arrogant as NS but could not duplicate his W-L results....so.....good bye. 

Ugag gave Kirby the power he was requesting at Auburn.

On 10/31/2017 at 7:10 PM, NorthGATiger said:

Ii've said this many times but you are so right, Carl.

2 minutes ago, NorthGATiger said:

Kirby ain't taking questions from James Crepea about how weird it is that Auburn does not have a player Gus recruited from Texas.  I absolutely hate UGA but Kirby has his program rolling right now with recruiting, scheme, coaches, and everything in between.  Mark Richt was going to beat up on the east, kick Auburn's arse every year, and lose to UF.  Sadly most Auburn fans would be delighted with 10 meaningless wins every year. 

You demand excellence and 100% effort from every single player and coach and you end up with a well oiled machine.  You inspire Freshman to compete for playing time and reward them with it.  It's contagious.  

7 hours ago, AU64 said:

I respect your opinion but Kirby is NOT Jimmy Shark Hunter or Mark Richt.  Totally different animal.  You could not get a reaction out of Richt on the sideline if you shoved a hot poker up his....

Jimmy is a total catastrophe that could not build an offense in one of the top recruiting states in the country.  You could take the top 75 Florida players every year and split them with FSU and Miami and beat most teams.  He was a total failure.  

The only thing Kirby lacks is a good barber.

1 hour ago, NorthGATiger said:

Kirby ain't taking questions from James Crepea about how weird it is that Auburn does not have a player Gus recruited from Texas.

#8 Jarrett Stidham, QB, soph, Stephenville, TEXAS

#9 Kam Martin, RB, soph, Port Arthur, TEXAS

#78 Darius James, OL Senior, Killeen, TEXAS

#99 Spencer Nigh, FB soph, Magnolia, TEXAS

If Crepea is asking that stupid question, Gus should simply tell Crepea to check the roster right after Crepea pulls his foot out of his mouth.

8 hours ago, NorthGATiger said:

Maybe, but Kirby interviewed with us in 2012. He might not have been as ready to be a head coach as he is now. Four additional years learning under Saban is a big deal. And I'm still not anointing him the next Alpha yet. He's coaching in the SEC east. Let's see how he does vs us and Bama. 

10 hours ago, Mikey said:

#8 Jarrett Stidham, QB, soph, Stephenville, TEXAS

#9 Kam Martin, RB, soph, Port Arthur, TEXAS

#78 Darius James, OL Senior, Killeen, TEXAS

#99 Spencer Nigh, FB soph, Magnolia, TEXAS

If Crepea is asking that stupid question, Gus should simply tell Crepea to check the roster right after Crepea pulls his foot out of his mouth.

Crepea is a putz with 7th grade writing skills. He has another article today referencing our lack of offense against teams with a winning record. Mississippi State is a top 15 scoring defense, ranked 16 th in the CFP poll, and 6-2. We hung 49 on them. But all of that interferes with his narrative so he ignores it.  Journalists now are lazy, have no sense of context, and don't bother to do homework. 

As I watch Georgia play this season, I think back to the fact that he could have had Kirby Smart as our head coach if it wasn't for Jay Jacobs. I'm so glad he's stepping down. Hopefully, we'll have a new AD in place soon so JJ won't have to stick around until June 1, 2018.

• 1 month later...

I will give credit to thuga for one thing. Their class really seems like a close knit family this cycle. I think that is one thing we have lacked this class is a big tight knit group and a lot of commits recruiting for us other than shivers and a couple of others . Some of them are close but it does not feel like EVERYONE is a family like georgia's class. O and I guess channing tindall is even more of a georgia lock than we thought. Dang wish he would go with boom to south carolina if we cannot get him.

On 10/26/2017 at 9:49 PM, aujeff11 said:

Gus has never won in Athens, Baton Rouge or Tuscaloosa. There is good reason why the fans haven’t let up.

Jeff, he won in Tuscaloosa as a OC. Does that count for anything?

Good gosh , They just got number 1 guard too Salyer. They are getting every number 1 at every position it seems like. Do not know why Hill decided to go to UGA when we are in big need for interior lineman . Especially since other good guards are commiting to UGA. Doesn't make any since . 

19 minutes ago, bmartin3228 said:

Good gosh , They just got number 1 guard too Salyer. They are getting every number 1 at every position it seems like. Do not know why Hill decided to go to UGA when we are in big need for interior lineman . Especially since other good guards are commiting to UGA. Doesn't make any since . 

Home school, it's where he wanted to be, & a lot of family push to UGA. The race would not have even been close if Hand did not sell the opportunity to play early so well.

5 minutes ago, TigerFanAU said:

This is pretty incredible. Kearis Jackson, James Cook.

It's top heavy but the overall class quality does not match tOSU. What tOSU is doing is incredible & 2nd year in a row at that level..

8 minutes ago, ellitor said:

It's top heavy but the overall class quality does not match tOSU. What tOSU is doing is incredible & 2nd year in a row at that level..

Since Ohio State's recruiting far surpasses other Big Whatever Number Conference teams, when they lose to inferior opponents they will only have coaching to blame.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

It may not match tOSU but Kirby is serving up an arse whoopin to everyone in the SEC.  That class is unreal in OL talent and RB talent.  Whats even more amazing is what youth they have on the roster at positions that they are killing it at.  The RB recruiting is off the charts.

Archived