Last night's game was

Aubie7

a total disgrace and uncalled for. I don't blame UAT for pouring it on. They haven't had a lot to cheer about in the past few years.

This great new coach has put his mark on the Auburn basketball program as of last night. Not even CCE got beat that bad by UAT. I am glad I didn't listen. I am even more glad it wasn't on TV. It was bad enough watching it flash across the bottom of ESPN every few minutes.

There is no excuse for last night. I know I will hear about how young the team is and we were "cold" from the floor, the shots weren't falling, yada, yada, yada. But, how do you go to :usc: and beat them, play :uk: close and get blown out at UAT? They were not prepared. Plus we always choke up there. Thankfully only, what, one regular season game and then one SEC Tourney game left. Thankfully we have Spring Football, because the baseball isn't going anywhere at this point either.

This post is not to rub it in or anything so don't take it that way. If you would have told me yesterday that Bama would win by 40+ last night, I would have said no way.... I didn't get to hear any of the game but when I saw the score I was shocked. I expected it to be a lot like the first game.

a total disgrace and uncalled for. I don't blame UAT for pouring it on. They haven't had a lot to cheer about in the past few years.

This great new coach has put his mark on the Auburn basketball program as of last night. Not even CCE got beat that bad by UAT. I am glad I didn't listen. I am even more glad it wasn't on TV. It was bad enough watching it flash across the bottom of ESPN every few minutes.

There is no excuse for last night. I know I will hear about how young the team is and we were "cold" from the floor, the shots weren't falling, yada, yada, yada. But, how do you go to  :usc: and beat them, play  :uk: close and get blown out at  UAT? They were not prepared. Plus we always choke up there. Thankfully only, what, one regular season game and then one SEC Tourney game left. Thankfully we have Spring Football, because the baseball isn't going anywhere at this point either.

149139[/snapback]

What a moron...you obviously have never played any sport or are even the slightest bit fimiliar with sports. It is the same reason that Auburn beat USC and USC beat UK and UK beat Auburn. Teams have off games and sometimes when your opponent gets on a role, it takes a very good team to stop them. Auburn is not a very good team, but for you to land blast Lebo is absolutely ridiculous!!!

How many times have you watched this team play...by your comments I would say ABSOLUTELY ZERO!!! They play a very good brand of basketball and Lebo has them playing at a higher level than expected. IF you have seen them play, then you are even a bigger moron than I originally thought.

Auburn has 3 SEC wins this year, WITH NO PLAYER OVER 6-4.....

Grow up before you get on your ridiculous tirades!!! :no::no::no:

Guest Tigrinum Major

If you are going to blame Lebo fo rthis loss, then you need to put some blame on Ellis also. He was not running the type of program that he needed to be running, or else the mass defections would not have occurred.

Facts are that this team does not have the big men to compete night in and night out with the better teams in the SEC. When the shots are falling, we can go to UK and compete, when they aren't, we will get embarrassed. I don't blame the players that are there, I blame the players and coaches that are gone.

There is no excuse for last night. I know I will hear about how young the team is and we were "cold" from the floor, the shots weren't falling, yada, yada, yada. But, how do you go to  :usc: and beat them, play  :uk: close and get blown out at  UAT? They were not prepared. Plus we always choke up there. Thankfully only, what, one regular season game and then one SEC Tourney game left. Thankfully we have Spring Football, because the baseball isn't going anywhere at this point either.

149139[/snapback]

Well thank you for clarifying something in my mind for the future. I now know to quietly mutter "bulls***" to myself after every sentence you type. What a loon. I'm not even going to bother with a blow by blow rebuttal because that would bestow a level of respect on your post of which it is not worthy.

a total Chicken Little!!!

From a baseball post entitled 3-0 Loss, Baseball season is over.

When does "next year" start?

We have a new coach.

We are young.

Our pitching staff is learning and growing each day.

Our infield has to have a chance to mold and come together.

We need leaders to step up.

Our fans are not turning out for games.

Did I leave any excuses out? If so, feel free to list your's!

And then there was this one....

Last nights game was....a total disgrace and uncalled for. I don't blame UAT for pouring it on. They haven't had a lot to cheer about in the past few years.

There is no excuse for last night. I know I will hear about how young the team is and we were "cold" from the floor, the shots weren't falling, yada, yada, yada. But, how do you go to  and beat them, play  close and get blown out at UAT? They were not prepared. Plus we always choke up there. Thankfully only, what, one regular season game and then one SEC Tourney game left. Thankfully we have Spring Football, because the baseball isn't going anywhere at this point either.

Hey Aubie7. THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!

:thumbsdown: not cool dude :thumbsdown:

Miss. St. has a solid ball club and will be in the NCAA. They got it put on them the same way at Coleman and their game was over in the first 5 minutes. Alabama is extremely athletic and talented and has just the type of team that can get on a roll and blow anybody out. We all know we're playing for next year and trying to get Lebo's system in place. Most folks predicted 3-5 wins this year and blowout losses like this on a regular basis. Bama fans won't crow about this one too much and we shouldn't lose sleep over it either. Just look forward to this time next year when we may be talking about making the Big Show.

Congrats to Bama and War Lebo

149139[/snapback]

What a moron...you obviously have never played any sport or are even the slightest bit fimiliar with sports. It is the same reason that Auburn beat USC and USC beat UK and UK beat Auburn. Teams have off games and sometimes when your opponent gets on a role, it takes a very good team to stop them. Auburn is not a very good team, but for you to land blast Lebo is absolutely ridiculous!!!

How many times have you watched this team play...by your comments I would say ABSOLUTELY ZERO!!! They play a very good brand of basketball and Lebo has them playing at a higher level than expected. IF you have seen them play, then you are even a bigger moron than I originally thought.

149151[/snapback]

Obviously you just got of recess or your Mom has let you back on the computer. Moron? Maybe your Momma is the Moron? If you want to start calling names then fine. If you want to act like an adult, try it, you may learn to like it.

As for your STUPID remarks...they are just that STUPID. MY opinon is that this team was not prepared to play last night. But, according to you, they were playing at a high level? :huh: You must be a Cliff Ellis fan, since you enjoyed getting beat so much last night? You sound so proud that we have come so close this year. BS! You NEVER go to your arch rival and have anything good to say about getting beat like we did last night. NEVER!

No, I have not seen them in person. But, I guess you were there each and every night? Good for you, Momma's boy! Get out of that basement and see some of the world, Forrest.

By the way Einstein, I think the word you wanted to use is "lambaste" not "land blast". Maybe you will learn big words like that when you get to high school!! :roflol:

Good thing CJL had them playing at such a "high level" last night or the score could have gotten out of hand! oh wait...it DID.

149139[/snapback]

Well thank you for clarifying something in my mind for the future. I now know to quietly mutter "bulls***" to myself after every sentence you type. What a loon. I'm not even going to bother with a blow by blow rebuttal because that would bestow a level of respect on your post of which it is not worthy.

149156[/snapback]

I know why you won't reply, becasue you can't! Simple as that. What is there to rebut? My opinion? You can't!

The FACT that I hate UAT blew us out?

You can't.

The FACT that CJL now holds the "honor" of losing the most one-sided game in UAT/AU history, where UAT won?

You can't.

The FACT that UAT had every right to whoop and holler it up as they pounded Auburn, and they have had little else to cheer about lately?

You can't.

The FACT, that Auburn loses over there most every time we play?

You can't.

The FACT that I am glad basketball season is almost over?

You can't.

Well, you get the point here don't you? You can't rebut ANY of this, can you? :no: NO, you can't.

A FACT is a FACT.

Miss. St. has a solid ball club and will be in the NCAA.  They got it put on them the same way at Coleman and their game was over in the first 5 minutes.  Alabama is extremely athletic and talented and has just the type of team that can get on a roll and blow anybody out.  We all know we're playing for next year and trying to get Lebo's system in place.  Most folks predicted 3-5 wins this year and blowout losses like this on a regular basis.  Bama fans won't crow about this one too much and we shouldn't lose sleep over it either.  Just look forward to this time next year when we may be talking about making the Big Show. 

Congrats to Bama and War Lebo

149168[/snapback]

Good reply! :au:

(more blah, blah, blah from Aubie7 as he totally misses the point)

149176[/snapback]

You're not going to goad me into addressing the utter nonsense you posted. You obviously have a meager basketball IQ and I don't have time to help you see the light, chicken little. Ignoring you now.

By the way Einstein, I think the word you wanted to use is "lambaste" not "land blast". Maybe you will learn big words like that when you get to high school!! :roflol:

149173[/snapback]

The FACT, that Auburn losses over there most every time we play?

You can't.

149176[/snapback]

Hey, Pot, this is Kettle. Might want to hold back on the spelling lessons until you take a few yourself, Einstein. I think the word YOU wanted to use is "loses" not "losses".

Take some Ritalin and calm down. No one likes to lose, especially to bammer, but it is going to happen - we can't be national champs in everything, every year, and considering the horrible mess Coach Lebo walked in to, to expect us to win out or win the SEC or go to the Big Dance (insert your choice of unrealistic expectations here) in his first year is ridiculous.

When you shoot 1 for 20 from 3 pt. range in the second half and you live and die from 3 pointers, then you will get killed by a better and much bigger team. I was at the game. Gottfried kept most of the starters in until late in the game. But AU did the same thing in the 94-40 game a few years ago. I don't understand where this post comes from. Lebo is going to do a great job when he gets some players at AU. WE have a McDonald's All-American coming next year along with a great class. he can't shoot the ball for them.

I think this article is a great read for both sides. It was as simple as AU couldn't hit and UA couldn't miss. There is plenty of respect on both sides, and Gottfried has been in the exact same position as Lebo so don't be quick to throw all of the blame on Lebo.

Gottfried refuses to gloat after lopsided win

Thursday, March 03, 2005

TUSCALOOSA -- Mark Gottfried didn't try to run up the score and even it at the same time.

The Alabama coach didn't do everything in his power to beat up Auburn by 41 points because, on his first trip to the Plain as the Alabama head coach, Auburn beat him down by that exact same margin.

The Alabama coach didn't play his starters heavy minutes Wednesday night. He didn't have any of them on the floor anywhere near the final horn.

He didn't do to Jeff Lebo what, say, Billy Donovan did to him in Gainesville earlier this year.

But as Alabama was beating Auburn 94-53, Gottfried remembered a different day and a different score. He remembered Feb. 13, 1999, and the day before the Valentine's Day massacre.

He remembered Auburn 102, Alabama 61.

"I remember sitting on that bench down on the Plain," Gottfried said. "My good friend Cliff Ellis was doing that duck-duck-goose thing with his walk-ons, walking down the bench trying to decide who to put in the game."

Gottfried didn't suffer the worst defeat of any Alabama coach at the hands of Auburn that day. That dubious distinction still belongs to David Hobbs, who lost at Auburn by 54 in 1998.

That loss was one reason Gottfried took over for Hobbs soon after.

But now Gottfried owns a positive record that has to be the envy of Wimp Sanderson and C. M. Newton and everyone else who coached basketball here.

The rivals had played 130 times before, but no Alabama coach ever had a team beat Auburn by this many points.

Gottfried has traveled from the bottom of this rivalry to the top in six years, from losing his first four games against Auburn to winning the last five.

Maybe because he's been on the other end, Gottfried didn't give Lebo an image to take away from this game that would burn into his brain. The Alabama coach emptied his bench early without playing to the crowd.

Gottfried did break into a big smile when little-used sub Jason Reese provided the Senior Night highlight by going the distance, throwing down a dunk and swinging from the rim.

But who, outside of the Auburn traveling party, didn't?

Afterward, Gottfried refused to gloat. He said a lot of nice things about Lebo, which is always easier to do when you're 2-0 against a coach this year and 5-0 against him in your career.

The court wasn't close to level when Gottfried's Alabama teams beat Lebo's teams from Chattanooga and Tennessee Tech, and the two coaches are far from even footing now.

That's the kind of success Gottfried has achieved at Alabama and Ellis couldn't sustain at Auburn.

In Alabama, Lebo sees "one of the most underrated teams in the country," a team that "can go far" in the NCAA Tournament.

The Tide could get to the Final Four for the first time and not cover the distance it has from 41 points down to 41 points up on the Tigers.

"Hopefully, I'll be here a long, long time," Gottfried said. "Hopefully, we're not on that end of the score anymore."

He doesn't have to worry. He just has to keep working.

Kevin Scarbinsky is the sports columnist for The News. Write him at kscarbinsky@bhamnews.com.

http://www.al.com/sports/birminghamnews/ks...45002153811.xml

149139[/snapback]

149151[/snapback]

Obviously you just got of recess or your Mom has let you back on the computer. Moron? Maybe your Momma is the Moron? If you want to start calling names then fine. If you want to act like an adult, try it, you may learn to like it.

As for your STUPID remarks...they are just that STUPID. MY opinon is that this team was not prepared to play last night. But, according to you, they were playing at a high level? :huh: You must be a Cliff Ellis fan, since you enjoyed getting beat so much last night? You sound so proud that we have come so close this year. BS! You NEVER go to your arch rival and have anything good to say about getting beat like we did last night. NEVER!

No, I have not seen them in person. But, I guess you were there each and every night? Good for you, Momma's boy! Get out of that basement and see some of the world, Forrest.

Good thing CJL had them playing at such a "high level" last night or the score could have gotten out of hand! oh wait...it DID.

149173[/snapback]

Thanks for proving my point... :poke:

Thank you Jenny for pointing out the glaringly obvious. We are a short team with a shallow bench thanks to CCE and the defections of Killingworth and Monroe and the academic failings of Brandon Robinson. It's not Lebo's fault that he doesn't have a guy over 6' 6" and we have to play four guards. It's not a matter of being "unprepared", it's a matter of basketball being a game where you can't expect to win consistently if you have to depend on knocking down tons of threes. If that's your game, you will shock some people if you're hot and you'll get killed by a bigger, more talented team that's on when you're not.

Thank you Jenny for pointing out the glaringly obvious.  We are a short team with a shallow bench thanks to CCE and the defections of Killingworth and Monroe and the academic failings of Brandon Robinson.  It's not Lebo's fault that he doesn't have a guy over 6' 6" and we have to play four guards.  It's not a matter of being "unprepared", it's a matter of basketball being a game where you can't expect to win consistently if you have to depend on knocking down tons of threes.  If that's your game, you will shock some people if you're hot and you'll get killed by a bigger, more talented team that's on when you're not.

149188[/snapback]

I thought you were going to ignore now but you couldn't, could you... :big:

It's like watching a train wreck huh???

149139[/snapback]

Yeah it was Lebo's fault, kinda like it is my fault you don't know what you are talking about. I've seen this team play a lot over this season and I'm proud of what they have done give the circumstances this team has had to go through. The program is at a low point and Bama is at a high point and I'm not shocked that they beat us, I bet you thought Auburn was going to a bowl in 1998 after Bowden left and the Tigers were 1-5. Next time you have a thought and want to post it, pass.

I've been to every home game this season for my job and went to the Tusc last night, and games like this are not at all fun to watch, and it makes my skin crawl to hear the Bammers yelling Rammer Jammer at you, but you have to realize that we are very fortunate to have Lebo with us right now. Just because you have a good coach doesn't mean that they are going to be in the top 10 their first year. CTT is an excellent coach, and it has taken 6 years on the Plains to clean up the mess he inherited. We have no height and no depth, but those guys play so hard and give it all they have. You can't ask for much more than that out of a team. I look forward to the future of AU basketball because I think Lebo is the guy that will take us to the next level. Alabama is a very good team that will continue to be good, but we will be right there with them soon. If you blame him for this year or even last night, you're sadly mistaken.

(more blah, blah, blah from Aubie7 as he totally misses the point)

149176[/snapback]

You're not going to goad me into addressing the utter nonsense you posted. You obviously have a meager basketball IQ and I don't have time to help you see the light, chicken little. Ignoring you now.

149180[/snapback]

Meager? :roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol:

The only thing "meager" is your ability to dispute anything that I wrote. My vast knowledge of sports, especially basketball, dwarfs any comprehension level you believe yourself to have reached.

Have a blessed day. :)

149173[/snapback]

The FACT, that Auburn losses over there most every time we play?

You can't.

149176[/snapback]

Hey, Pot, this is Kettle. Might want to hold back on the spelling lessons until you take a few yourself, Einstein. I think the word YOU wanted to use is "loses" not "losses".

Take some Ritalin and calm down. No one likes to lose, especially to bammer, but it is going to happen - we can't be national champs in everything, every year, and considering the horrible mess Coach Lebo walked in to, to expect us to win out or win the SEC or go to the Big Dance (insert your choice of unrealistic expectations here) in his first year is ridiculous.

149182[/snapback]

Thanks for your input. No one here mentioned anything about winning out or going to the dance. All I am saying is it is not alright to lose and lose big to your arch rival, and at the same time be ok with it.

149139[/snapback]

149151[/snapback]

149173[/snapback]

Thanks for proving my point... :poke:

149187[/snapback]

You had a point? :huh:

149139[/snapback]

Yeah it was Lebo's fault, kinda like it is my fault you don't know what you are talking about. I've seen this team play a lot over this season and I'm proud of what they have done give the circumstances this team has had to go through. The program is at a low point and Bama is at a high point and I'm not shocked that they beat us, I bet you thought Auburn was going to a bowl in 1998 after Bowden left and the Tigers were 1-5. Next time you have a thought and want to post it, pass.

149205[/snapback]

I guess you have a point here? No, I am not talking about the one on the top of your head either. :roflol:

You mean you GAVE UP on an Auburn team? How dare you! You didn't think we would win the last 5 games and go bowling? What kind of fan are you? Fair weather, indeed! :poke:

Speaking of pass: How is that 8th grade math class coming along!?

Meager?  :roflol:   :roflol:   :roflol:   :roflol:

The only thing "meager" is your ability to dispute anything that I wrote. My vast knowledge of sports, especially basketball, dwarfs any comprehension level you believe yourself to have reached.

Have a blessed day.  :)

149223[/snapback]

What you wrote is so utterly ridiculous and devoid of common sense, I shouldn't have to dispute it. It's ignorant enough on its face. But I did, in response to Jenny, give some of the problems I had with your assessment of things. I'm not going to dispute how you feel about it except to say that I think you are being unreasonable and short-sighted.

Now, I'm locking this thread because the more you blather, the worse this is going to get because you're completely unwilling to admit, in the face of everyone else pointing it out, that you're being overly harsh on these guys and expecting too much in Lebo's first year. Now, if we're back here next year after the talent that's coming in and we have a losing record and are getting pounded, perhaps your points here will be valid. Right now, they are premature at best, delusional at worst.

Archived