World Series Game 3

AU64

Moved to Houston for game 3 but pitchers still on control.   Reached the point where good pitching is better than good hitting perhaps.

McCullars for Astos with super nasty curve ball     and Darvish with a half dozen different pitches for the Dodgers

Well how about that Gurriel just put one in the left field seats to give Astros the lead. 1-0

Wow.....the Astros have shelled Davrish and he is now down 4-0 and gone without getting out of inning #2.

24 minutes ago, around4ever said:

Huge DP by the Astros after McCullars walked the bases loaded.  Getting out of the inning with only one run is big. 

Yep...a pretty rare combination of first to short back to the pitcher.....and saved McCullars too I think.

Dodgers going through their bullpen again....short stints for each pitcher....playing the stats game which I guess has worked all year. 

Did not see them play much and almost never a full game so don't know their pitchers but Astros are not treating their BP aces very well.

10 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Dodgers going through their bullpen again....short stints for each pitcher....playing the stats game which I guess has worked all year. 

Did not see them play much and almost never a full game so don't know their pitchers but Astros are not treating their BP aces very well.

Roberts will not hesitate to make a pitching change, a defensive change or pinch hit.  Every game I have watched in the playoffs, he has emptied his bench and bullpen. 

Just now, around4ever said:

Roberts will not hesitate to make a pitching change, a defensive change or pinch hit.  Every game I have watched in the playoffs, he has emptied his bench and bullpen. 

I've noticed.....guess that is what they have done all year.   

Boy.....that just about cleared the bases.....but a couple feet short to keep it 5-3.

Astros love their home park.....up 2-1 now.

Archived