Pettway out indefinitely

ValleyTiger

Gus said in his weekly conference that it started as a sore shoulder that was discovered to be broken after X-rays.  It’s possible he found out this morning. 

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm really sad about this. I also wonder why our other backs aren't utilized as we'd expect. For sure, KJ isn't the guy to run it 35 times against UGA.

Are there concerns that are holding back the other backs?

25 minutes ago, Woodstock Tiger said:

Would it surprise anyone if this guy keels over before the season (and his coaching career) ends?  If it's possible for someone's head to pop off when screaming maniacally, I'm pretty sure he's testing the maximum bounds of head poppage offagery.  And yes, head poppage offagery is a real term.  You can google it if ya like, but that just takes time, so just trust me.    

According to this his head can bobble and swivel but will likely not pop off ;)

s-l1000.jpg

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Lol. We are still going to be favored in the game barring a collapse at aTm.

Though I think we have a decent shot at winning this game, I seriously doubt we will be favored.

3 minutes ago, shabby said:

Though I think we have a decent shot at winning this game, I seriously doubt we will be favored.

We are favored. Odds already came out.  

11 minutes ago, DyeCampAlum said:

I'm really sad about this. I also wonder why our other backs aren't utilized as we'd expect. For sure, KJ isn't the guy to run it 35 times against UGA.

Perhaps Gus is seeing things in practice that has contributed to their non-use in games.  Perhaps it's just Gus rolling with the hot hand and throwing caution to the wind because if he doesn't win enough games this year, he gone, and he knows these guys are dependable studs.  Whatever the case, their time is now, so hope they're up to it.  Sure woulda been nice to have let them get some looks before the murderer's row that lies ahead, but I'm just a non-football coach who leans on logic with such things and shouts at his tv after watching his team's coach decide to run the ball for the 17th consecutive time on first down.    

not sure i need to cuss,scream, or cry. sometimes i think we are snakebit. but maybe he stays next year which will be a plus..........

13 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

Everyone is talking about UGA.

wde

Not so sure about that but as we have discussed, what Vegas says about point spreads is only about $$$ and only tangentially related to the actual relative strength of two teams.   Mostly they are trying to bait the most gullible fans into taking the spread. 

47 minutes ago, DyeCampAlum said:

The good news is from watching Bama and UGAs defenses, no one is going to beat them running the ball 35 times. The bad news is, Gus likely disagrees with me. 

6 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Not so sure about that but as we have discussed, what Vegas says about point spreads is only about $$$ and only tangentially related to the actual relative strength of two teams.   Mostly they are trying to bait the most gullible fans into taking the spread. 

I was just pointing out that we talking about UGA and the line is -2-3 AU right now.  We are not favored by double digits against UGA.  We are favored by double digits against A&M.

wde

9 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

I was just pointing out that we talking about UGA and the line is -2-3 AU right now.  We are not favored by double digits against UGA.  We are favored by double digits against A&M.

wde

Why are we even talking about GA? Whatever happened to 'one game at a time'? We seem to think if we just show up we will beat TaM. We know TaM can play, and if we are not at our best, we can be beat. Scores of prior games mean nothing to me (see Troy beating LSU).

Even if we win at TaM, Ga will be favored once we get to game week.  They are 8-2 in our last 10 games with them. We're 2-4 in our last 6 games with them at JH. 

We will have a whole week to talk about GA, let's just take care of TaM.

Yall are crazy for looking ahead to UGA there's a very real possibility of us losing to TAMU. 

My, how beating the life out of the second tier teams gives us our confidence back :dunno:. Have we forgotten who our coach is? He's laid eggs in this type of situation before I'm shocked people think we are just going to beat TAMU after they had a refocusing loss and actually have equal talent to us. We know how Gus does against teams with equal talent.... 

1 hour ago, Win4AU said:

Gus said in his weekly conference that it started as a sore shoulder that was discovered to be broken after X-rays.  It’s possible he found out this morning. 

Have you learned nothing yet? Everything Gus says should be taken with a grain of salt whenever he opens his mouth. This is year 5, you should know this by now.

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

not sure i need to cuss,scream, or cry. sometimes i think we are snakebit. but maybe he stays next year which will be a plus..........

He absolutely should, but who knows if he will. But if he does, the last time we had as much talent in our RB1 and RB2 come back for their senior season, we did extremely well, although it was 2004.

22 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Why are we even talking about GA? Whatever happened to 'one game at a time'? We seem to think if we just show up we will beat TaM. We know TaM can play, and if we are not at our best, we can be beat. Scores of prior games mean nothing to me (see Troy beating LSU).

Even if we win at TaM, Ga will be favored once we get to game week.  They are 8-2 in our last 10 games with them. We're 2-4 in our last 6 games with them at JH. 

We will have a whole week to talk about GA, let's just take care of TaM.

Or MSU destroying a team before that team plays us...

36 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

wde

I expect dawg fans will jump all over that Auburn +3 spread...probably some AU fans too :) .....pretty likely for it to rise over the next week but of course, depends on how each team looks this weekend. 

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Yup. Secondary is the relatively weaker part of their D.

I watched the dumpster fire that is Missouri throw on them pretty easily..... I would like to think we are capable of the same thing.... :dunno:

2 hours ago, 1856 said:

Has no bearing on the thUGA game.  Going to have to pass the ball effectively to win that one...

What? An effective running game can open up the passing game - not just a cliché.

"Fractured" may not mean total break. Average "heal" time 3-4 weeks ( got this from a DR friend).......one can hope

"I feel good about where we're at," Auburn coach Gus Malzahn said coming from the al.com article about what it means for the rest of the running backs.

Where have I heard that before? Oh yeah that was the line when he was heading to the locker room at halftime of the Corn Dog game. I almost puked when I heard it then and to read the same line again doesn't make me feel too good now.

2 hours ago, casatiger said:

image.png

"You are seriously threatening my CHAMPIONS OF LIFE THEORY!!!"  

Archived