Pettway out indefinitely

ValleyTiger

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, FullBloodedTiger91 said:

Sean White has his knee and shoulder injuries in games where we didn’t see what happened. I imagine his shoulder happened in a play earlier on and he continued to play through. Considering the injuries he already played through, I wouldn’t be surprised if he tried to keep playing through it and just couldn’t take the pain anymore. Guy missed a lot of PT this year and you know he is hungry.

Yep.  Probably felt like typical bruising, but after a few days of not healing decided to get it looked at.  Just a guess.

6 minutes ago, fredst said:

This is a really unusual injury. Highly doubtful this happened in a game/practice with a guy wearing shoulder pads. Something weird going on here....

One does not simply fracture a scapula

One-Does-Not-Simply.jpg

14 minutes ago, wildlife alumni said:

We are favored at the moment. Could definitely change.

Yes but I don't think Bubba being out will move the line 3 points. Likely only a loss to TAMU or major injury to 1 of a couple other players would do that IMO.

5 hours ago, AUDevil said:

Does anybody know what play this happened on, why it took almost a week for Gus to find out?

A fracture is hard to detect there.  It isn't like a fractured leg where you can't walk on it.  It really can feel like a sore shoulder, which is common for RB's leading into a hit with their shoulder.  You can still move your arm as well and pick up things, although you will feel it.  

12 minutes ago, fredst said:

This is a really unusual injury. Highly doubtful this happened in a game/practice with a guy wearing shoulder pads. Something weird going on here....

Go back and watch his td runs.  Does he look injured at all to you guys?  They removed him from the game after he scored his third TD to put AU up 45-13 and he looked just fine celebrating in that end zone, and then shaking hands with the crowd afterward.  I ain't buying it happening in the Arkansas game.   Perhaps I have a tinfoil hat on but he looks good when he leaves the field.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2017/10/kamryn_pettway_back_in_his_ele.html

1 minute ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

One does not simply fracture a scapula

One-Does-Not-Simply.jpg

Exactly, Boromir, lol. I’ve taken care of a lot of people in high speed MVAs and not seen this injury that frequently. When I do I think of bad things like aortic injury. This is a very unusual football injury...

The problem here is that Gustav the Great is going to run KJ into the ground against Texas A&M.  

wde

7 minutes ago, Woodstock Tiger said:

Go back and watch his td runs.  Does he look injured at all to you guys?  They removed him from the game after he scored his third TD to put AU up 45-13 and he looked just fine celebrating in that end zone, and then shaking hands with the crowd afterward.  I ain't buying it happening in the Arkansas game.   Perhaps I have a tinfoil hat on but he looks good when he leaves the field.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2017/10/kamryn_pettway_back_in_his_ele.html

1 minute ago, Woodstock Tiger said:

So nobody has seen the kid walking around campus this week with some kinda shoulder brace on?  Has he been in hiding?  

This could have happened in a game.  Freakish, but possible.  But, as @abw0004 said below, these types of injuries are hard to realize at this time of year.  All the players have bumps and bruises and likely think it is just same old stuff.  KP would not have likely felt the injury and could have played on at the time due to adrenaline and such.  It would have taken a few days to realize that the pain wasn't really decreasing as he had thought so he went to see the trainer.  Of course this is all speculation. 

7 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

A fracture is hard to detect there.  It isn't like a fractured leg where you can't walk on it.  It really can feel like a sore shoulder, which is common for RB's leading into a hit with their shoulder.  You can still move your arm as well and pick up things, although you will feel it.  

5 minutes ago, lkeel75 said:

This could have happened in a game.  Freakish, but possible.  But, as @abw0004 said below, these types of injuries are hard to realize at this time of year.  All the players have bumps and bruises and likely think it is just same old stuff.  KP would not have likely felt the injury and could have played on at the time due to adrenaline and such.  It would have taken a few days to realize that the pain wasn't really decreasing as he had thought so he went to see the trainer.  Of course this is all speculation. 

Yeah, perhaps so.  I'm just not sure why they announce the injury today (4 days until the A&M game) when this article below came out 3 days after the Arkansas game quoting coaches about how healthy he finally is.  Why not just spring it on A&M right before the game saying he's a scratch?  (Are they required to disclose injuries like in the NFL?)

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2017/10/kamryn_pettway_real_healthy_as.html

16 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Thanks and true...my sister went a couple weeks with a break in her hip from a fall...discovered when the pain persisted and she got it ex-rayed.   Lots of breaks are not immediately identified. But of course that ruins the conspiracy explanations....

7 minutes ago, casatiger said:

image.png

That’s the same reaction I have to SEC officiating every game I watch.

48 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Lol. We are still going to be favored in the game barring a collapse at aTm.

Do you really think so? I thought we had a chance at them but I would not have guessed that we might be favored.

7 minutes ago, Woodstock Tiger said:

Yeah, perhaps so.  I'm just not sure why they announce the injury today (4 days until the A&M game) when this article below came out 3 days after the Arkansas game quoting coaches about how healthy he finally is.  Why not just spring it on A&M right before the game saying he's a scratch?  (Are they required to disclose injuries like in the NFL?)

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2017/10/kamryn_pettway_real_healthy_as.html

CGM has always been open about a player being injured.  Not necessarily the extent of the injury, but he is quick to say they are injured when he knows it.  Maybe it was something that came up from the training staff yesterday or something.  

Of course, again, pure speculation.

1 minute ago, WeagleAU said:

That’s the same reaction I have to SEC officiating every game I watch.

10 minutes ago, casatiger said:

image.png

Would it surprise anyone if this guy keels over before the season (and his coaching career) ends?  If it's possible for someone's head to pop off when screaming maniacally, I'm pretty sure he's testing the maximum bounds of head poppage offagery.  And yes, head poppage offagery is a real term.  You can google it if ya like, but that just takes time, so just trust me.    

55 minutes ago, 1856 said:

Has no bearing on the thUGA game.  Going to have to pass the ball effectively to win that one...

Yep, typical Saban/smart defense...load up and stop the run and press the WR. They make you pass it to beat them. Uga should be a prep for Bama as well. We'll see if Gus is up to the task

6 minutes ago, lkeel75 said:

CGM has always been open about a player being injured.  Not necessarily the extent of the injury, but he is quick to say they are injured when he knows it.  Maybe it was something that came up from the training staff yesterday or something.  

Of course, again, pure speculation.

Sean White?

6 minutes ago, bg5 said:

Do you really think so? I thought we had a chance at them but I would not have guessed that we might be favored.

Seems like I read somewhere that we were going to be favored.  I was really surprised.

wde

1 minute ago, AUIH1 said:

Seems like I read somewhere that we were going to be favored.  I was really surprised.

wde

I know they have a very, very weak schedule but it's still surprising.

Archived