Pettway out indefinitely

ValleyTiger

19 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

It just dawned on me.....

3271352004_a668c66b86.jpg

And hey, Sergeant Carter (Frank Sutton) was a Tennessee boy, too...from Clarksville!!

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, gr82b4au said:

Yep... By a lot... double digits 

I think we are talking about the wrong game. the odds for the Georgia auburn game was referenced and i think you guys are talking about the Texas a and m odds. I don't think k the Georgia auburn game has avalable odds out yet.

46 minutes ago, TecmoBoJackson said:

I watched the dumpster fire that is Missouri throw on them pretty easily..... I would like to think we are capable of the same thing.... :dunno:

Totally. But that would involve throwing the ball...and not just bombs 

19 minutes ago, shabby said:

I think we are talking about the wrong game. the odds for the Georgia auburn game was referenced and i think you guys are talking about the Texas a and m odds. I don't think k the Georgia auburn game has avalable odds out yet.

All of you are correct. I am talking about TAM. 

The "prognosticators" said on the radio last week that Uga would probably be favored by 1-3 points against us. 

39 minutes ago, WarTim said:

"Fractured" may not mean total break. Average "heal" time 3-4 weeks ( got this from a DR friend).......one can hope

that's exactly what the term fracture means, a crack, not a full break. as far as the shoulder blade that doesn't come up often. at least being diagnosed or checked on. so hopefully not a big fracture.

6 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Totally. But that would involve throwing the ball...and not just bombs 

You mean the bomb, dive, dive, bomb, around the end, dive, dive, bomb, around the end, dive, bomb, etc play calling will not work? They will never see it coming. 

Don't worry guys.  Gus said to tell you he has this because he has developed a ton of depth by rotating the running backs.  He also said that even if we do lose some more games that it won't be the end of the world...  (sarcasm)

The only silver lining to this is at the beginning of the year I think we had no chance of him returning now hopefully by next year he will be fully recovered and have a great Senior year. If we can develop a couple of O'linemen our Off. should be great next year. All of our skill players will return.

4 minutes ago, bg5 said:

The only silver lining to this is at the beginning of the year I think we had no chance of him returning now hopefully by next year he will be fully recovered and have a great Senior year. If we can develop a couple of O'linemen our Off. should be great next year. All of our skill players will return.

Said by everyone this last off-season

We really need an SEC caliber TE to help over the middle. Just no getting around that. Remember several years ago with Cam and Marshall when we had 2-3 capable TE's.

4 hours ago, 1856 said:

Has no bearing on the thUGA game.  Going to have to pass the ball effectively to win that one...

Gonna need a new Head Coach for that one. Gus and throwing the ball does not go together for his time in the SEC.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

Gonna need a new Head Coach for that one. Gus and throwing the ball does not go together for his time in the SEC.

It is strange, that our best year, 2010, we used a TE in key games. Heck, Lutzie set all-time Auburn records as a TE. They threw to him 15 times.

So why is J. Harris not getting ANY balls. Heck, he had 2 receptions last year for 2 TDs. 

It just baffles me that Gus has totally given up throwing to a TE.

Two things:   I know a guy who broke his shoulder blade.   He was doing about 17-19mph on a mtn bike a crashed.  It takes a strong blow on the top of shoulder, backside to break that.  And you know right away...it freakin hurts.  If broken.

Second:  I am not giving Gus another 'pass' b/c of injuries!   NO, NO, NO.

We beat bama with Tre Smith when I had never heard of him.  You have to use your avail talent accordingly.  We should not forgive all the coaching missteps in Dec b/c Bubba got hurt.  NO

I do feel for Pettway, but this is weird.   

1 minute ago, steeleagle said:

It is strange, that our best year, 2010, we used a TE in key games. Heck, Lutzie set all-time Auburn records as a TE. They threw to him 15 times.

So why is J. Harris not getting ANY balls. Heck, he had 2 receptions last year for 2 TDs. 

It just baffles me that Gus has totally given up throwing to a TE.

Gus has basically given up throwing the ball all together. If he is only throwing the ball 15 times a game with the most talented pure passer he has ever had in  Stidham can you imagine how it will be post Stidham if he survives? 

1 hour ago, aucanucktiger said:

What? An effective running game can open up the passing game - not just a cliché.

Gus believes you open up the run to open the run so it allows you to run... 17 straight times on first down!!!!

I hate it for Bubba. He has truly been snakebit all year. He was a beast last year but has just not been able to get out of the starting gates this year. Having said that he is honestly the RB we have on our roster who is least suited to be effective vs a kirby and saban defense. Guys with wiggle and more burst seem to be the RBs who do the best vs them. 

3 minutes ago, AUwent said:

There goes any chance Gus had of saving his job.

Yep,  prob so. Unfortunately.

Note: let's stick to what we actually know and not pull stuff from our rear ends and pass it off as fact.  The only thing we know is he's out indefinitely and the injury happened in the Arkansas game.  Let's not hallucinate stuff here. 

5 hours ago, Sani-Freeze said:

There goes any prayer of beating UGA. 

Are you kidding ? UGA is the type of team that would stonewall KP. Need speed backs and passing to win that one 

Archived