Pettway out indefinitely

ValleyTiger

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My 86 year old dad broke his scapula after a fall and was good to go after 3-4 weeks. It hurt him pretty bad, but I think it was just very sore, nothing to clue you in that it was a break. 

My prayers and best wishes are with KP. He's had a tough season. Hang in there, bud.

6 hours ago, ScubaSteve said:

Kam Martin and Stidham homecoming to the state of Texas, I'm expecting a big game from them.

Agreed, hopefully Martin can be very productive on his carry.

3 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

All of you are correct. I am talking about TAM. 

The "prognosticators" said on the radio last week that Uga would probably be favored by 1-3 points against us. 

So the number one team will be favored over the #14 BY 1-3 points.......boy that is hard to imagine. 

8 minutes ago, AU64 said:

So the number one team will be favored over the #14 BY 1-3 points.......boy that is hard to imagine. 

AUBURN, Ala. — Auburn football will face its two biggest games of the year against the top two teams in college football — Georgia and Alabama — and one Las Vegas book has early lines for those games.

According to college football reporter Brett McMurphy, the Las Vegas SuperBook has Auburn as a 2.5-point favorite for its Week 11 matchup against Georgia and a 10.5-point underdog against Alabama in Week 13

MORE: Auburn football opens as 2-touchdown favorite against Texas A&M

Auburn has not beaten Alabama or Georgia in each of the last three seasons. If the Tigers win this weekend against Texas A&M, a win against one of these rivals could set them up for a shot at a 10-win season. A loss could mean another year of at least four losses for Gus Malzahn.

No. 1 Alabama and No. 2 Georgia are both undefeated this season. Auburn is 6-2 with losses at Clemson and LSU. Both of these rivalry matchups, though, will be at home in Jordan-Hare Stadium.

Auburn is currently a 15-point favorite this weekend against Texas A&M (noon ET/11 a.m. CT on ESPN), according to Vegas Insider.

Well that just secured my "Bold Prediction" or whatever it is that we do at the beginning of the year.  I predicted K.Johnson would have more all purpose yards this year that Pettway.   Sadly,.  It is not how I had hoped it would happen.  

10 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

AUBURN, Ala. — Auburn football will face its two biggest games of the year against the top two teams in college football — Georgia and Alabama — and one Las Vegas book has early lines for those games.

According to college football reporter Brett McMurphy, the Las Vegas SuperBook has Auburn as a 2.5-point favorite for its Week 11 matchup against Georgia and a 10.5-point underdog against Alabama in Week 13

MORE: Auburn football opens as 2-touchdown favorite against Texas A&M

Auburn has not beaten Alabama or Georgia in each of the last three seasons. If the Tigers win this weekend against Texas A&M, a win against one of these rivals could set them up for a shot at a 10-win season. A loss could mean another year of at least four losses for Gus Malzahn.

No. 1 Alabama and No. 2 Georgia are both undefeated this season. Auburn is 6-2 with losses at Clemson and LSU. Both of these rivalry matchups, though, will be at home in Jordan-Hare Stadium.

Auburn is currently a 15-point favorite this weekend against Texas A&M (noon ET/11 a.m. CT on ESPN), according to Vegas Insider.

Guess I'm still skeptical .....looked at that link and elsewhere and did not find an early line on the Ga game and that was made before UGA beat UF in a game that the some LV people said UF would win.

Give it a few days and I'm of the view that UGa will be a favorite....but whatever it is, I'm not betting on the outcome of that game or any other AU game...

4 hours ago, WarTim said:

"Fractured" may not mean total break. Average "heal" time 3-4 weeks ( got this from a DR friend).......one can hope

This. He needs some steroids. The anabolic kind that will make him grow a potatar tendon and maybe a tail 

17 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

This. He needs some steroids. The anabolic kind that will make him grow a potatar tendon and maybe a tail 

Like the kamayamaya tail? Asking for a friend...

36 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Can we buy some from bama?

I think I may have found where he got injured in the game.  While watching the Auburn Preview from last Friday, on a touchdown score (I think from the angle), Pettway was hit by two guys, threw both to the ground, and as he was going to keep going got hit on his shoulder blade pretty good.  Someone might want to double check me, but it was a good hit.  

Pettway would have helped us more against Texas A&M than Thuga or bama, imo.

Maybe this is a blessing in disguise, and Gus will actually have to pass the ball. Hate it for Kam though.

10 hours ago, fredst said:

This is a really unusual injury. Highly doubtful this happened in a game/practice with a guy wearing shoulder pads. Something weird going on here....

I'll say. 

I fractured my scapula - along with four ribs - in a motorcycle accident.  I was monitored very closely in the ICU unit because - as I was told -  a trauma severe enough to fracture your scapula typically also ruptures your spleen. (Fortunately that didn't happen in my case.)

I've never heard of a fractured scapula as a result of a football injury.

Kam's injury happened on his second to last play of the Arkansas game, in others words, right before he broke loose for a TD.

He felt his shoulder was sore, but thought it was nothing more than a sore shoulder. So he did not indicate he needed to come out and the next play he went for a TD.

During  this week's practice, Kam told the coaches the soreness was not going away, so they send him in for X-Rays. That is when they found the fracture.

No way that Kam or the coaches could have known there was a fracture. Just one of those freak things that happen in this sport.

15 hours ago, AUwent said:

There goes any chance Gus had of saving his job.

He has barely played this year. I doubt him being out for the last four games is going to make a big difference either way. Now if he was at full strength that would be different but he hasn't been all year. Last week I thought he looked good but still not 100% and more than likely he wasn't going to get to 100%.

6 hours ago, bikeriderga said:

Kam's injury happened on his second to last play of the Arkansas game, in others words, right before he broke loose for a TD.

He felt his shoulder was sore, but thought it was nothing more than a sore shoulder. So he did not indicate he needed to come out and the next play he went for a TD.

During  this week's practice, Kam told the coaches the soreness was not going away, so they send him in for X-Rays. That is when they found the fracture.

No way that Kam or the coaches could have know there was a fracture. Just one of those freak things that happen in this sport.

This, of course, is the absolute truth. But you are dashing cold water on all the conspiracy theorists! :thumbsdown:

Please give Jarrett a TON of passing reps! Aggies will be expecting a lot of KJ, so that might leave their secondary vulnerable (think JJ against ArkMart in 2014).

Archived