World Series Game 7

around4ever

There’s a lot of baseball left but it feels like it’s the bottom of the 9th. 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Time to get McCullars out of there......gonna give up something big REAL SOON....not controlling his pitches. 

Just now, AU64 said:

Time to get McCullars out of there......gonna give up something big REAL SOON....not controlling his pitches. 

He's OK to lefties.  Having a hard time controlling the breaking ball to righties. 

Poor Bellenger.....getting killed by the curve.....but now that he's struck out for the 15th time....it's time for a new pitcher.

Puig just barely missed that one...but just a long out....

1 minute ago, around4ever said:

I still think McCullers could have gone another inning or two.  After Peacock, the bullpen is unpredictable. 

I guess so but with 4 hit batters, I just had the feeling that sooner or later he would miss his spot and put one right in some hitter's wheelhouse.    

I understand the strategy that Roberts used with using Morrow and the pinch hitting for him to get Kershaw in.  What I don't understand is why use your best reliever for one out in the second inning.  You may want him for a few more outs later. 

This business of the pitchers having to bat is working against the dodgers it looks like....the need hitters....not batters and Kershaw is due up soon. ...but maybe 2 innings is all they want from him.

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

This business of the pitchers having to bat is working against the dodgers it looks like....the need hitters....not batters and Kershaw is due up soon. ...but maybe 2 innings is all they want from him.

I think the Dodgers have to ride Kershaw as long as he can go even if he has to bat two times.  He can hit (a little). 

10 minutes ago, around4ever said:

I think the Dodgers have to ride Kershaw as long as he can go even if he has to bat two times.  He can hit (a little). 

Yep.....looks like what they plan for at least another round of batters.   Lots of baseball to play yet. 

Well.....dodgers get a bit of a break with the bobble or whatever you might call it....but 2 on and one out.   Just before that I was thinking that the game had kind of settled down and Astros were showing to be in control.....BUT.......

Well...got Bellenger in a FC....now two outs and time for a new pitcher....

Liriano threw about 5 pitches and his day is done....good work if you can get it.

Puig lines to first and leaves 2 runners on......8 stranded by dodgers tonight.....

Just now, around4ever said:

I had a feeling Puig was going deep.  It must have been gas. ?

:)   He got the pitch....right down the middle ....and only got about 40%  of it......Devensky lucky to get away with it. 

McCann thrown out from CF.....gotta be the slowest guy in the major leagues......and the shift is killing his BA.

Well the chance to blow it open goes down the drain......infield popup and Kershaw gets out of a mess....and keeps the dodgers in reach .....I guess.  

Astros moving through their bullpen at a pretty good rate.....wonder if they would go with JV....even for just a batter or two...or an inning?  

Astros dodging bullets about every inning but got away with just one that inning so go to the 7th up 5-1.

Archived