CUNY Prof: Having a "white nuclear family" is a form of white supremacy

metafour

Like I've told you all a million times, Western society will be destroyed from within.  Its already well underway.

Just look at this clown show.  The fact that people like this are employed, let alone shaping the fragile minds of students is revolting.

45DD945000000578-0-image-m-5_15094565763

45DD945900000578-0-image-a-12_1509456738

45DD946100000578-0-image-a-13_1509456756

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5035581/CUNY-professor-says-white-families-promote-white-supremacy.html

As a center left fellow that hasn't bothered to read your links, only your headline, let me just say this Prof is stupid

7 hours ago, alexava said:

i did not understand any of that and i am glad.

Short version:

1.  When white people breed, and

2.  When white people want the best for their spawn, and

3.  When white people own a home and pass that down to their spawn after they die,

they perpetuate white supremacy.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/11/01/dnc-white-men-shouldnt-apply-for-tech-jobs.html

DNC’s Data Service Manager Madeleine Leader purportedly wrote in an email that the desire for diversity excludes “cisgender straight white males.” Leader adds, “I personally would prefer that you not forward to cisgender straight white males, as they are already in the majority.”

This is clearly discrimination. Basically, if you’re a white male cishet with the same skills as the rest, and with honorable character to boot, don’t bother filling out an application.

31 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

i think she said don't give your house to your children when you die and that property taxes suck Alex.

Love it. Looks like Donald is gonna get that second term. They keep complaining, we keep voting. 

It appears that if you are white and choose to have white kids, as long as you don't want what is best for them then you are not a white supremacist. So all is good! Hee!

I think ya'll are missing the actual point.  And the title of this thread is a distortion of that point.  Grumps post above takes it even further.

To say that white "nuclear families" supports racism is true.  In fact, black nuclear families also support racism. That certainly doesn't mean that if your family is white (or black) the people in your family support racism.

As I have said before, racism will disappear only when there is enough intermarriage to allow for racial interaction within a family context.  

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

I think ya'll are missing the actual point.  And the title of this thread is a distortion of that point.  Grumps post above takes it even further.

To say that white "nuclear families" supports racism is true.  In fact, black nuclear families also support racism. That certainly doesn't mean that if your family is white (or black) the people in your family support racism.

As I have said before, racism will disappear only when there is enough intermarriage to allow for racial interaction within a family context.  

Regardless of the merits of what you're saying above, I think you are morphing her point into one she herself wasn't actually making.  She went on quite the tweetstorm.  She had every opportunity to say "In fact, black nuclear families also support racism," and never even implied such a thing.  Her entire premise was that this was a white supremacy issue for white people only.

6 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Regardless of the merits of what you're saying above, I think you are morphing her point into one she herself wasn't actually making.  She went on quite the tweetstorm.  She had every opportunity to say "In fact, black nuclear families also support racism," and never even implied such a thing.  Her entire premise was that this was a white supremacy issue for white people only.

OK.  Let's asssume the worst and couch it in terms she didn't actually use.  Burn her at the stake! 

6 minutes ago, homersapien said:

OK.  Let's asssume the worst and couch it in terms she didn't actually use.  Burn her at the stake! 

Or...just do what we were already doing:  hold her up for well-deserved ridicule and derision.

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

east-west.png

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Or...just do what we were already doing:  hold her up for well-deserved ridicule and derision.

Fine, but at least quote her directly instead of riffing off of biased paraphrases of what you think it means.  

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

Fine, but at least quote her directly instead of riffing off of biased paraphrases of what you think it means.  

The original poster literally posted screenshots of her actual tweets.  That's what we've been "riffing off of."

That ANY nuclear family is inherently anything other than supportive of its members.

Nuclear Families CAN be Nazis...They can be anything, but they are never exclusively anything.

10 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

The original poster literally posted screenshots of her actual tweets.  That's what we've been "riffing off of."

I disagree.  Not a single person has quoted her in their comments.  Most of the comments seem to be based on a paraphrased interpretation.

Some of her comments were not developed (at least), and perhaps a little crazy (at worst),  but the reaction has been directed by what everyone assumes she means. 

She's naive - if not dumb - to expect anything different in a twitting format, but most of her comments literally have an element of a defensible hypothesis.  

3 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

That ANY nuclear family is inherently anything other than supportive of its members.

Nuclear Families CAN be Nazis...they can be anything but are never exclusively anything.

True.  (Was that directed to me?)

Just now, homersapien said:

I disagree.  Not a single person has quoted her in their comments.  Most of the comments seem to be based on a paraphrased idea.

Some of her comments were not developed at least, and a little crazy at worst,  but the reaction has been directed by what everyone assumes she means.  She's naive - if not dumb - to expect anything different in a twitting format, but most of her comments literally have an element of defensible truth. 

You literally made up a theory of what she really meant out of thin air, then sit there and complain that we're the ones misinterpreting her?

Her exact words:

"Part of what I've learned is that the white-nuclear family is one of the most powerful forces supporting white supremacy.  I mean if you're a white person who says they're engaged in dismantling white supremacy but you're forming a white family & reproducing white children that "you want the best for" - how is that helping & not part of the problem?"

There is nothing in that statement that remotely suggests that she sees a corollary issue with black nuclear families, or Asian nuclear families, or Latino nuclear families. 

"Beyond just calling out interpersonal racism, white people who want to be engaged in the work need to ask themselves about housing wealth.  White people:  do you own your home?  When you die, where's wealth in that house going?  If it's to your children, you're reproducing inequality."

Thus my paraphrase (with a hint of snark) was right on point:

Short version:

1.  When white people breed, and

2.  When white people want the best for their spawn, and

3.  When white people own a home and pass that down to their spawn after they die,

they perpetuate white supremacy

Whatever flaws it may have, it is far closer to what the woman literally said than the gauzy spin you gave it.  If she meant something other than what she actually typed, then that's on her for choosing an idiotic format to post her half-baked thoughts on.

9 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I disagree.  Not a single person has quoted her in their comments.  Most of the comments seem to be based on a paraphrased interpretation.

Some of her comments were not developed (at least), and perhaps a little crazy (at worst),  but the reaction has been directed by what everyone assumes she means. 

She's naive - if not dumb - to expect anything different in a twitting format, but most of her comments literally have an element of a defensible hypothesis.  

Are you a fan of her? or just playing devils advocate here?

Either way, good for you for trying, Raptor could have really used you to defend his statements.... if only you two weren't the yin and yang of this board. :lol:

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

You literally made up a theory of what she really meant out of thin air, then sit there and complain that we're the ones misinterpreting her?

You are right in that I said: "I think ya'll are missing the actual point." 

I should have said something like she may have been making a slightly different, more defensible point that ya'll are portraying.

Sorry but I have to run an errand.  I'll expound more when I return by adressing the quotes you posted.  

Random person: "Black people are criminals, we need to teach them not to steal in order to lower the crime rate"

Ohhh, he meant people in general are prone to criminal action if given the opportunity and if they believe there is a low chance of being caught. He meant white people and other ethnicity's as well need to be taught and held to a higher moral standard through adolescence and into adulthood if we are going to positively affect our nations crime rate.

SPIN, COMPLETE.

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

Brother Homer I think we are blessed to have you here and on the same page with these quacks. Only you can interpret to us what this bowl of fruit loops really means. Thanks...;)

Archived