Wiley and Purifoy

around4ever

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, around4ever said:

Both are being held out indefinitely pending the investigation. 

That official?  

Not good news for the season but guess I'm not surprised.  Looks like AU decided not to deliberately put itself in the NCAA crosshairs for the basketball program.  

Not surprised at all. Unfortunate for the players, but the right thing for Auburn. 

35 minutes ago, around4ever said:

Both are being held out indefinitely pending the investigation. 

so much for it not being wiley....i was wrong and my detective skills are eroding in my old age

Two things the are very possible: 1) this team makes the postseason, 2) these two are reinstated during the season.

Well person is to blame but the parents have to be accountable as well. I mean jeopardizing millions  later for s few thousand now. I’ll never understand that. Risk soooo not worth the reward.

1 minute ago, JwgreDeux said:

Two things the are very possible: 1) this team makes the postseason, 2) these two are reinstated during the season.

This is what I'm hoping for. For the sake of the players, I wish the NCAA would fast track a decision for the specific individuals involved if that's at all possible

19 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

so much for it not being wiley....i was wrong and my detective skills are eroding in my old age

I think everyone agreed Player 1 was not Wiley but many speculated that Player 2 very well could have been.

I truly despise Chuck Person. MBB is all about the players you have. These were our 2 best. AU should pretend Person never existed.

20 minutes ago, AUcivE09 said:

I truly despise Chuck Person. MBB is all about the players you have. These were our 2 best. AU should pretend Person never existed.

Heron is our best player in terms of production, and it isn't close. Led us in scoring and rebounding. Rock solid consistency, by far our most valuable player. 

17 minutes ago, JwgreDeux said:

Heron is our best player in terms of production, and it isn't close. Led us in scoring and rebounding. Rock solid consistency, by far our most valuable player. 

And apparently he's not a knucklehead. Win-Win!

18 minutes ago, JwgreDeux said:

Heron led us statistically but Wiley was going to be the guy that dominated the paint and take over games. 

2 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

$$$$

Yes...but basically it was peanuts.......that's the sad part to me though I don't know anything about CP's financial situation or how much money he personally received that has not been reported since the issue was about money for players and families and not what he might have gotten which might not have been illegal?  :dunno: 

57 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Heron led us statistically but Wiley was going to be the guy that dominated the paint and take over games. 

True.....and I don't see either of those two playing at AU again. 

Investigations are slow processes and I'm thinking the odds are they will both try to find a professional job in the US or overseas.   Just an opinion but what I would do in their shoes.

My assumption is those 2 won’t ever suit up for auburn except practice gear.  I guess they could go ahead and bolt to an overseas pro team.

im as disappointed in Wiley’s parents as i am with person.  They know better, as well.  They also were in a position with their relationship to the auburn program to put a fast halt to persons actions.

id assume that pearl has a closer relationship with a family full of former auburn athletes ... he must feel personally let down.

Archived