Wiley and Purifoy

around4ever

2 hours ago, AU64 said:

True....and now DP and AW are not there and chemistry is off the charts.....so just wondering why that's the case..? :dunno:

Because TJ isn't there...

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Because TJ isn't there...

Got it......thanks.... Too bad, because he was one of my favorite returning players last year...had a chance to be a leader......but as noted, something did not click with the rest of the team. 

2 hours ago, Tiger said:

I could write basically a glowing blurb on every single one of our players this year (even Dunbar -- every team needs a guy like that) but I'm going to keep this post short lol

i wouldnt do it ... if you do, then someone will "go all realist" on ya, and drop a turd on your glowing blurb ... ;)

Unless Wiley tears it up at the Combine I think we would be a second round pick at best, not because he is not talented enough to be a higher pick but because the NBA has not seen enough of him. While he appeared to be a physical specimen last year when he came out of High School he was much softer then he appeared. After a year in a college program he has a much stronger body as seen in the National team games earlier.  We know he is a much better rebounder and is strong around the basket, stronger body and base should be better defender in the paint but we don't know if he has developed an offensive game.

I watched some of the highlights from the National team he played on. He moves much better than last year, gets to the boards, plays solid defense, most of his offense was put backs and dunks, I saw a good drop step to get to the rim after catching a pass, but I did not see mid range jumpers and other Offensive moves that a 1st Round pick should have.  At this time based on what I have seen I would expect him back. That said he has been practicing against one of the Best SEC teams (Auburn) all year so he could have improved a good bit and may have added to his Offensive game.  I think what he does at the combine will determine whether he returns.

Archived