Wiley and Purifoy

around4ever

"im as disappointed in Wiley’s parents as i am with person.  They know better, as well.  They also were in a position with their relationship to the auburn program to put a fast halt to persons actions."

THIS^^^

Two ex-star basketball players' son allegedly engaged with another ex-star player/coach in a money scheme.    This is a bad look.   A VERY bad look. 

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, JwgreDeux said:

Two things the are very possible: 1) this team makes the postseason, 2) these two are reinstated during the season.

1. Highly unlikely 

2. Even less so

7 minutes ago, 1auburn1 said:

"im as disappointed in Wiley’s parents as i am with person.  They know better, as well.  They also were in a position with their relationship to the auburn program to put a fast halt to persons actions."

THIS^^^

Two ex-star basketball players' son allegedly engaged with another ex-star player/coach in a money scheme.    This is a bad look.   A VERY bad look. 

So... I thought it was the parents involved in this scheme, not the players. Am I wrong about that? 

53 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

1. Highly unlikely 

2. Even less so

So... I thought it was the parents involved in this scheme, not the players. Am I wrong about that? 

Who knows at this point but if it's just the parents then that's three high-profile ex-players involved.   I see where the glimmer of hope is creeping in that this is like the Cecil situation though.  I doubt this will end as favorably.

4 hours ago, AUTigersfan89 said:

Person better not step about foot on Auburn's campus. And I still support the idea of taking all signs of him down in the arena.

Do you include Vickie Orr in that conversation?

6 minutes ago, 1auburn1 said:

Who knows at this point but if it's just the parents then that's three high-profile ex-players involved.   I see where the glimmer of hope is creeping in that this is like the Cecil situation though.  I doubt this will end as favorably.

'Fraid not..... the NCAA pretty much put an end to "Cecil" kind of things.....no more deniability.   Everyone involved knew what they were doing to AU.....and for so little money. 

AU doing the right thing now....I was afraid someone would try to just bluff it out by saying they could not identify the players but that would have been pretty weak.  Worse still....some coaches or players in the future would be the ones to pay the penalty when it finally hit the fan.  

I guess we shouldn't have really expected anything different. Are other schools implicated also holding out players? 

5 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I guess we shouldn't have really expected anything different. Are other schools implicated also holding out players? 

Good question.........Louisville was the one that got hit hardest...coach, AD and at least one recruit who will not show up and same at some other schools.....seems mostly it involved recruits, not active players. .

Pretty good piece here:   https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/college-basketball-scandal-updates-ncaas-mark-emmert-wants-changes/

2 hours ago, AU64 said:

True.....and I don't see either of those two playing at AU again. 

Yep. Unfortunately. I had high hopes for both. I don’t see how we make the tournament if they don’t come back. 

3 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Yep. Unfortunately. I had high hopes for both. I don’t see how we make the tournament if they don’t come back. 

The only up side if there is one.....is that their problem should be just a one year thing....since likely neither would have been back next season anyway.   BP just has to accelerate whatever plan he had to replace them....

2 hours ago, AU64 said:

True.....and I don't see either of those two playing at AU again. 

Investigations are slow processes and I'm thinking the odds are they will both try to find a professional job in the US or overseas.   Just an opinion but what I would do in their shoes.

I think you are exactly right. Look for them to leave at the end of the semester. For those that think this team can overcome this type loss and still make a run for the NCAA,  I want some of those orange colored glasses that you have.

This is a big setback for the season and the program. Feel bad for Bruce.

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

The only up side if there is one.....is that their problem should be just a one year thing....since likely neither would have been back next season anyway.   BP just has to accelerate whatever plan he had to replace them....

I am hoping this works.....

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Not really one year if you include the 5 star player EJ Montgomery who decommitted. The slot can be filled but can the potential talent be replaced? Hard to believe this was alumni that did this to Auburn. Disheartening. 

8 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Not really one year if you include the 5 star player EJ Montgomery who decommitted. The slot can be filled but can the potential talent be replaced? Hard to believe this was alumni that did this to Auburn. Disheartening. 

oh yeah.....forgot about that.....but there could be more to that than we know anyway.

Guess that anyone that CP was regularly in contact with.......:dunno:      pretty much have to start fresh I guess? 

Will be interesting to see what Montgomery does?  not sure if he already made a decision?  

I hope Bruce doesn't leave for another school in which he doesn't have to answer freaking FBI questions when he's out recruiting.

Lol get ready for the TV broadcasts to mention Chuck Person and the FBI case in every single one of our games.

3 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Very true that these two could be reinstated soon though. I don't think this is a death sentence for this season or for those two. 

who is going to have the power to reinstate them? 

1 minute ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

McLemore, Okeke, and Dunbar say hi 

While I love the optimism not one of those guys you mentioned are taller than 6'8 -- and he's the true freshman.

I think they will all 3 rebound better than their size but we will still be hurting on the glass IMO. I do expect we will be a tad better on the glass than last year pre-Wiley but I also expect us not to win many rebounding battles once we start conference play. I don't think we have a player taller than 6'8 in the rotation. We're going to have to small teams to death IMO.

2 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Any chance this is kind of like Cam Newton being ineligible for ~24 hours?

Ive been hoping for this literally all day.

7 minutes ago, Timeslider 6 said:

is it too late to go the juco route and them come in late in the year?

Yes. It's too late and it wouldn't matter anyway.  Rules and laws were broken.  Punishment will be given whether it is now or a year from now. 

Archived