Wiley and Purifoy

around4ever

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I first saw the news, I immediately assumed our season was done before it started. However, after thinking things through, I wonder if we are suspending them for only tonight so that we can have another week to keep processing info. I mean, it wouldn't make sense to risk anything on an exhibition game. I'm still assuming they will never play again for Auburn but who knows. Glad the season is here, maybe the team will still be ok.

so brian bowen of louisville has been cleared by the FBI. I don't know much about his case specifically but maybe that means our guys will be cleared as well. Gotta have hope

15 minutes ago, au302 said:

so brian bowen of louisville has been cleared by the FBI. I don't know much about his case specifically but maybe that means our guys will be cleared as well. Gotta have hope

True, gives a little hope.

22 minutes ago, au302 said:

If HE'S cleared, our guys should get a written apology

3 hours ago, au302 said:

Cleared by fbi and clear by NCAA are not one in the same.

I sure did get this one wrong. I was certain that we'd lose Herron and Purifoy, not Wiley. Very disappointing, particularly disappointed in Wiley's parents. They knew better.

Another example of Auburn is their own worst enemy.  

There's an ancient article i read where Chuck Persons admitted publicly to accepting impermissible benefits from Auburn while he was a player.  

He somehow gets hired on as an AU coach/lead recruiter and proceeds to act as an agent to lure in another Auburn alumni family into a scheme that ends up under the microscope of the freaking FBI.

1 hour ago, keesler said:

Another example of Auburn is their own worst enemy.  

There's an ancient article i read where Chuck Persons admitted publicly to accepting impermissible benefits from Auburn while he was a player.  

He somehow gets hired on as an AU coach/lead recruiter and proceeds to act as an agent to lure in another Auburn alumni family into a scheme that ends up under the microscope of the freaking FBI.

Good point. We should've just left his a$$ in the NBA. But nope we had to keep it all in the family with hopes of Chuck being our HC one day so Bruce was allegedly forced into hiring him. What a joke,  I feel for Bruce. 

On 11/2/2017 at 10:27 AM, AUTigersfan89 said:

This is what I'm hoping for. For the sake of the players, I wish the NCAA would fast track a decision for the specific individuals involved if that's at all possible

NCCA will not do anything until

the FBI is through. 

On 11/2/2017 at 7:13 PM, auburnphan said:

One big thing not mentioned, at this point:  Pearl is not connected

Pearl's name has not been mentioned. But if you were Pearl would you want to stay on?

19 hours ago, Tiger said:

Good point. We should've just left his a$$ in the NBA. But nope we had to keep it all in the family with hopes of Chuck being our HC one day so Bruce was allegedly forced into hiring him. What a joke,  I feel for Bruce. 

In fairness to all, that’s like saying “I should have never married that gal” (only much worse language of course :)) after you get a divorce. I mean, it should have been a good hire and almost all of us were floored it had actually happened. If any of us could see the future, we’d be billionaires. :)

1 hour ago, NoALtiger said:

In fairness to all, that’s like saying “I should have never married that gal” (only much worse language of course :)) after you get a divorce. I mean, it should have been a good hire and almost all of us were floored it had actually happened. If any of us could see the future, we’d be billionaires. :)

I still think it was a good "hire".  What happened after the hire is the problem.  Who could have imagined that cp (lower case intentional) would do what he did?  

1 hour ago, NoALtiger said:

I see it as closer to saying "I should have never married that gal" after a failed arranged marriage. 

It has been posted on here that it was not Bruce's idea to hire Person which is what agitates me. 

On 11/4/2017 at 9:52 AM, auburn4ever said:

Person's could care less about the players and Auburn. The 1 thing on Chuck's mind is MONEY!. 

It’s funny, but I did notice that every time he step up in the building, everybody’s hands go up. 

Just now, tigerbrotha12 said:

Inside Info or just a hunch? 

Kinda both. I know a couple people who have close ties to the program. They both believe Wiley was cleared but don't know for certain he's playing Friday. Just going off what they've said, I think he plays. 

4 minutes ago, boomstick said:

Kinda both. I know a couple people who have close ties to the program. They both believe Wiley was cleared but don't know for certain he's playing Friday. Just going off what they've said, I think he plays. 

This is awesome. Don’t let me down man. The last guy that did, is in an ocean somewhere. It was international waters though, so nobody could prosecute.

JK

Or am I??

?

Just now, aujeff11 said:

This is awesome. Don’t let me down man. The last guy that did, is in an ocean somewhere. It was international waters though, so nobody could prosecute.

JK

Or am I??

?

I hope I'm right. 

Archived