Sign in to follow this  
slot canyon

2018 potential lineup speculation

Recommended Posts

Just a guess, but this is how I see us starting the season:

Carlson P

Shea C

Veach 1B

McCrackin 2B

Dowell 3B

Taylon SS

Podany LF

Draper CF

Rivera RF

Perry/Tannon DP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




Boomstick, here is what the Opelika-AuburnNews (2-4-2018) had listed as their speculation as to the possible line up:

Here’s a look at what that depth chart might look like:

  • C — Shea, Veach, Abby Tissier
  • 1B — Perry, Veach, Dakota Morrow
  • 2B — Crocker or McCrackin, Dowell
  • 3B — Veach, McCrackin, Brittany Maresette
  • SS — Taylon Snow, Dowell
  • LF — Podany, Olszewski
  • CF — Draper, Bree Fornis
  • RF — Rivera, Podany
  • DP — Tannon Snow

I like Veach at 3rd and hope Perry will be consistent at 1st.  A bit surprised that they had moved Dowell out of 3rd base spot since it seems we were hearing a good deal about her there in practice.  Putting Maresette in the 3rd base rotation was also new to me.  I presume their list is based on attending practice/talking with coaching staff.  I have not been to a practice since very early on and seems a lot has changed.  Well we will know in just a few days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some good experience....Coach Dean inherited a strong and talented roster and has made some nice additions to it.   He's moved some folks around it appears but lots of familiar faces will be on the field.  Should be a good season for the ladies. . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, slot canyon said:

Boomstick, here is what the Opelika-AuburnNews (2-4-2018) had listed as their speculation as to the possible line up:

Here’s a look at what that depth chart might look like:

  • C — Shea, Veach, Abby Tissier
  • 1B — Perry, Veach, Dakota Morrow
  • 2B — Crocker or McCrackin, Dowell
  • 3B — Veach, McCrackin, Brittany Maresette
  • SS — Taylon Snow, Dowell
  • LF — Podany, Olszewski
  • CF — Draper, Bree Fornis
  • RF — Rivera, Podany
  • DP — Tannon Snow

I like Veach at 3rd and hope Perry will be consistent at 1st.  A bit surprised that they had moved Dowell out of 3rd base spot since it seems we were hearing a good deal about her there in practice.  Putting Maresette in the 3rd base rotation was also new to me.  I presume their list is based on attending practice/talking with coaching staff.  I have not been to a practice since very early on and seems a lot has changed.  Well we will know in just a few days.

Yeah, just from what I've heard from people who have seen some practices, Perry's defense might be an issue at 1B. Hopefully, Tissier can step in and play at C because I'm not sure we will be able to take Veach out of the infield. Have also heard Tannon is getting limited reps and is still up in the air how much she can/will contribute. Having Crack, Dowell, and Veach being versatile players should help us remain solid in the infield. I also have some concerns about the pitching staff. Carlson and Martin are very good, but I think they're going to be asked to pitch quite differently than they have in previous seasons. Carlson might handle that better because her stuff can be a little more lively, but I'm worried about Martin. I'm not sure her style fits well with Dean's style. 

I would like to see us work several different lineups for these first few games to get an idea of who and what works best where. I think it's possible we don't look all that good for 2-3 weeks while we figure some things out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/5/2018 at 8:32 AM, slot canyon said:

Boomstick, here is what the Opelika-AuburnNews (2-4-2018) had listed as their speculation as to the possible line up:

Here’s a look at what that depth chart might look like:

  • C — Shea, Veach, Abby Tissier
  • 1B — Perry, Veach, Dakota Morrow
  • 2B — Crocker or McCrackin, Dowell
  • 3B — Veach, McCrackin, Brittany Maresette
  • SS — Taylon Snow, Dowell
  • LF — Podany, Olszewski
  • CF — Draper, Bree Fornis
  • RF — Rivera, Podany
  • DP — Tannon Snow

I like Veach at 3rd and hope Perry will be consistent at 1st.  A bit surprised that they had moved Dowell out of 3rd base spot since it seems we were hearing a good deal about her there in practice.  Putting Maresette in the 3rd base rotation was also new to me.  I presume their list is based on attending practice/talking with coaching staff.  I have not been to a practice since very early on and seems a lot has changed.  Well we will know in just a few days.

Have to agree with slot canyon on the starters, although my second level differs slightly with McCrackin behind Snow at SS, Dowell behind Veach at 3B and Veach behind Shea at C.  Some will depend on who they are facing and whether he wants a right or lefty hitting regular in the game.  In the very limited time I have a been at any practice, have not seen Martin on the mound (although others have).  Have seen Carlson, Biladeau and Swindle.  Someone commented that Matin's style of pitching may not fit what CMD is wanting, but I think Biladeau is throwing with more power than Martin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/5/2018 at 12:23 PM, boomstick said:

Yeah, just from what I've heard from people who have seen some practices, Perry's defense might be an issue at 1B. Hopefully, Tissier can step in and play at C because I'm not sure we will be able to take Veach out of the infield. Have also heard Tannon is getting limited reps and is still up in the air how much she can/will contribute. Having Crack, Dowell, and Veach being versatile players should help us remain solid in the infield. I also have some concerns about the pitching staff. Carlson and Martin are very good, but I think they're going to be asked to pitch quite differently than they have in previous seasons. Carlson might handle that better because her stuff can be a little more lively, but I'm worried about Martin. I'm not sure her style fits well with Dean's style. 

I would like to see us work several different lineups for these first few games to get an idea of who and what works best where. I think it's possible we don't look all that good for 2-3 weeks while we figure some things out.

It was announced at least a week ago that Tannon Snow will be a DH only this season.   Obviously that can change but that's what was announced. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Noticed yesterday that Bilodeau was not in uniform. Thinking that means she'll be redshirted. Haven't heard an injury report on her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OlderWhiskey said:

Noticed yesterday that Bilodeau was not in uniform. Thinking that means she'll be redshirted. Haven't heard an injury report on her.

No injury and very likely barring inury

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this