link to listen

doverstutts

Just now, mustache eagle said:

Rod and sonny are saying the berry Pg could be one of the better ones we see this year?

we have been unable to have any kind of control on him.....they are in serious foul trouble, but i am not thrilled with what i have heard so far

we are going to really struggle offensively without Purifoy and Wiley. No one will respect our size down low and if either Bryce or Mustapha is off then we're in for a long night. Hopefully we can at least get Wiley back before conference play.

Not that the score should be this close but some of the Div II schools are pretty good...usually don't have much depth and not as much size as Div I......which means this one probably matches up pretty well with AU which also does not have depth or size.

7 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

84-84 overtime....this is going to be a long year

yep. This sucks, I was really hyped about this season but I'm ready to pack it in before we even start

I will offer one excuse....for three weeks the team apparently has been practicing as if Wiley and Purifoy would be playing.....and at the last minute they are pulled from the team and the coaches have to put a team on the floor.  

I'm guessing that this group had played very little as a "team" during the practices and the decision that was announced last night or today had to affect the rest of the players.....can't imagine what they are thinking now about the upcoming season.

This is likely not going to be a good team but I'd cut them a lot of slack about tonight's game....and give them and Bruce a chance to re-group. 

54 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I will offer one excuse....for three weeks the team apparently has been practicing as if Wiley and Purifoy would be playing.....and at the last minute they are pulled from the team and the coaches have to put a team on the floor.  

I'm guessing that this group had played very little as a "team" during the practices and the decision that was announced last night or today had to affect the rest of the players.....can't imagine what they are thinking now about the upcoming season.

This is likely not going to be a good team but I'd cut them a lot of slack about tonight's game....and give them and Bruce a chance to re-group. 

Very poor foresight to practice that way.

8 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Very poor foresight to practice that way.

Probably but until yesterday looked like they would play...and it was practice...outcome means nothing.

Problem is what to do now ?

11 hours ago, AU64 said:

Maybe Purifoy but I don' think Wiley is physically ready to play was he? If not I would not think he was in the practice mix.

3 hours ago, 80Tiger said:

Maybe Purifoy but I don' think Wiley is physically ready to play was he? If not I would not think he was in the practice mix.

Don't know for certain but this quote was from the basketball site not too long ago.

"I feel really confident in our players," said Pearl. "There are certain ways you have a barometer on that. We're healthy. We go into the season completely healthy. We are physically much stronger. Our team GPA has never been higher. These guys have worked really hard. There has been a lot of discipline. So, I do feel as confident going into this season as any season I've had

Archived