***Auburn vs. Texas A&M -- Game Thread***

RunInRed

Looking like a chicken with our head cut off. Dumb play calling and no ability to pass block

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, nurbis said:

The problem here is they have a good plan for what we are doing on offense and Malzahn doesn't/can't adjust so we are screwed.

lol good plan?! any defense that is in the ballpark talent wise does not have to have a good plan. they just have to watch film for malzahns 4 plays. It is the easiest job in the film room all week for a opposing coach.

2 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

We can’t win a game where Stidham feels pressure. He just freezes up and might as well play for the other team.

If we keep calling bombs maybe he'll snap out of it

lol

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

do we get a new coach with malik? cause stidham is not the problem. none of the players are.....

Different skill set.. I realize it’s a coach’s problem for not using certain guys. Just not sure how a Malik package could be any worse than our current playcalling

Herb Hand has not earned his pay check thus far.  And the play calling is in the idiotic phase already.

wde

We're gonna lose this game if our offensive line doesn't grow some hair on their peaches

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

Stidham eyes drop at the first sign of pressure. 

Hard to do much when the line isn't blocking and the the WRs just run 50 yard slow developing plays.  

The problem with this offense is NOT Stidham

2 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

I got blasted by a mod for saying this when Chip was hired.

Heck I got banned by a mod for saying kodi couldn't coach them. I'm going back to my place now mods, be kind........

Just now, djg0017 said:

Different skill set.. I realize it’s a coach’s problem for not using certain guys. Just not sure how a Malik package could be any worse than our current playcalling

Play calling isn't the issue. Our OL have lost the battle in the trenches. If that happens, it doesn't matter what the play call is.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

do we get a new coach with malik? cause stidham is not the problem. none of the players are.....

It’s not a situation where you’re condemning Stidham (I mean I am). But if you have a defense that doesn’t respect the run, doesn’t have to put any men back to defend our receivers, and you have a QB that immediately folds with pressure in his face, you need someone back there that can force the pressure to back up. Willis deserves a series to at least shake up the other side’s philosophy, it’s chess not checkers

3 minutes ago, AUTigergrad08 said:

For some reason Gus still has a job.  Why?  Why does anyone believe that he can actually make changes?  Gus has the Arkansas job on the brain.  He’s already checked out.

So he has been checked out and has had the arkansas job on his mind since the end of 2014?! lol

Just now, Auburn2Eugene said:

Hard to do much when the line isn't blocking and the the WRs just run 50 yard slow developing plays.  

The problem with this offense is NOT Stidham

I agree, it is not, however I will say I’m just not impressed with what he does when things break down.

Just now, caleb1633 said:

We're gonna lose this game if our offensive line doesn't grow some hair on their peaches

That's the ones that would get an ear full from me at halftime! Somebody better start moving people or come sit with me.

Just now, caleb1633 said:

Play calling isn't the issue. Our OL have lost the battle in the trenches. If that happens, it doesn't matter what the play call is.

It's problem #1

We may end up winning this game 50-3.  But thus far, the ineptness on O is consistently amazing in a game that means something.

wde

1 minute ago, AUTigergrad08 said:

That’s his dream job kind of like Lane Kiffin bolting Tenn to go to Southern Cal.  If Arkansas offers Gus he’s gone.

I sure hope so. I have never liked Malzahn. I used to complain all the time when Cam was here on his dumb play calls and I would get chastised. The sheer athletic ability of Cam made lemonade out of his lemons.

Archived