***Auburn vs. Texas A&M -- Game Thread***

RunInRed

Just now, caleb1633 said:

Play calling isn't the issue. Our OL have lost the battle in the trenches. If that happens, it doesn't matter what the play call is.

Hmm maybe but I kinda doubt it’s just one thing. Seems like we are the product of many issues across many areas

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

It’s not a situation where you’re condemning Stidham (I mean I am). But if you have a defense that doesn’t respect the run, doesn’t have to put any men back to defend our receivers, and you have a QB that immediately folds with pressure in his face, you need someone back there that can force the pressure to back up. Willis deserves a series to at least shake up the other side’s philosophy, it’s chess not checkers

a competent coach would use the middle of the field and intermediate routes and easy throws to get stidham going. Gus is incapable of doing that. He is the worst I have ever seen when it comes to designing a successful passing offense.

Just now, AUTigergrad08 said:

If he had any coaching worth anything he would be put in better situations.  

Not defending coaching, but he had a wide open slant yet he held the ball and got sacked. 

2 minutes ago, djg0017 said:

Different skill set.. I realize it’s a coach’s problem for not using certain guys. Just not sure how a Malik package could be any worse than our current playcalling

I'll call the Malik package:

1. handoff

2.QB run

3.QB run on third and long. 

4.repeat.

5. Bombs when down in 4th quarter. 

Just now, leglessdan said:

Not defending coaching, but he had a wide open slant yet he held the ball and got sacked. 

I mean Stidham doesn’t know what a slant is because they never call one. 

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Play calling, play calling, play calling

Did you say play calling?  I hope Mikey, AU64 and the other Gus apologists will notice.  

wde

1 minute ago, leglessdan said:

That can't be true...we don't call slants. lol

3 minutes ago, caleb1633 said:

Play calling isn't the issue. Our OL have lost the battle in the trenches. If that happens, it doesn't matter what the play call is.

I can go to the kitchen for a drink while our pass plays develop. 

Good catch FINALLY A FIRST DOWN!

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

a competent coach would use the middle of the field and intermediate routes and easy throws to get stidham going. Gus is incapable of doing that. He is the worst I have ever seen when it comes to designing a successful passing offense.

Oh I’m sure someone could use Stidham and win in this game. I was just looking for an improvement in this game in our situation. We’re gonna need to see Willis against Georgia and Alabama, that’s facts (unless Gus is saving an entirely different offense)

Archived