what are the keys to beating Georgia?

aubiefifty

22 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Ok. Is Kerryon alright after Doofus ran him ~30 times against A&M? Are Devan Malik and Kmart ready to help?

Not sure.  I wonder if Chubb is healthy as well.  He’s right there with KJ in carries for the season and has been injury prone.  

What about Tua?  Dang idiot coaches not giving him quality reps against quality opponents. Did he get snaps this weekend in a game LSU obviously couldn’t score?

These arguments make absolutely no sense to me. K-Mart got 13 carries this past weekend.  

Hey wait I’m gonna jump on the bandwagon talking points... I have an idea to keep our goals that are still in place let’s take our best player out of the game for an undersized running back that is a poor pass blocker in the most important month of the season.  

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, FASTCOMPANY said:

Honestly don't see how Gus doesn't intervene in this contest. His destiny probably comes down to how we perform against thUGA and bammer. I just hope the 'magic' he once had somehow returns....and QUICK !

I think he is saying Gus is going to play on the oline. Won't be able to contain his man thus allowing a sack. :dunno:

1 hour ago, FASTCOMPANY said:

Honestly don't see how Gus doesn't intervene in this contest. His destiny probably comes down to how we perform against thUGA and bammer. I just hope the 'magic' he once had somehow returns....and QUICK !

This is the first time in a while that I honestly have no idea how an Auburn game is gonna turn out. I could see it being a close game or a blow out going either way. Not whatevering Gus, but give us a Mike Gundy/Art Briles for offense in this game and we win EASILY. Hate the fact that the only reason I doubt us winning is cause of Gus

2 hours ago, corchjay said:

Not sure.  I wonder if Chubb is healthy as well.  He’s right there with KJ in carries for the season and has been injury prone.  

What about Tua?  Dang idiot coaches not giving him quality reps against quality opponents. Did he get snaps this weekend in a game LSU obviously couldn’t score?

These arguments make absolutely no sense to me. K-Mart got 13 carries this past weekend.  

Hey wait I’m gonna jump on the bandwagon talking points... I have an idea to keep our goals that are still in place let’s take our best player out of the game for an undersized running back that is a poor pass blocker in the most important month of the season.  

There was no reason to run Kerryon like they did in the 4th quarter, up by 15. Malik Miller isn't undersized - if he can't help pass protect occasionally, then that is on the coaches. 

It's true that Chubb has 140 carries, but he is backed up by several guys who could start for most teams. It's not the end of the world for UGA if he gets hurt. AU doesn't have that kind of depth - which is exactly why KJ should have been on ice in the 4th quarter. 

27 minutes ago, Tiger96 said:

This is the first time in a while that I honestly have no idea how an Auburn game is gonna turn out. I could see it being a close game or a blow out going either way. Not whatevering Gus, but give us a Mike Gundy/Art Briles for offense in this game and we win EASILY. Hate the fact that the only reason I doubt us winning is cause of Gus

100% agree! I hope he proves me/us wrong. I've been calling for Gus' head for almost 3 years. This is going to be a statement game; win or lose.

We controlled GA's run game and their offense last year. We can do it again this year. Yes, defense wins games but we can't leave them out there all day like we did last year. Our D basically shut them out last year. Offense needs to execute, get first downs, and get TD's in the red zone, not FG's. This is the big time, this is when CGM shows us he's ready for prime time, finally, and why he gets paid the big bucks. Four losses in a row to UGA is unacceptable, #1 ranking or not.

1 hour ago, Sani-Freeze said:

There was no reason to run Kerryon like they did in the 4th quarter, up by 15. Malik Miller isn't undersized - if he can't help pass protect occasionally, then that is on the coaches. 

It's true that Chubb has 140 carries, but he is backed up by several guys who could start for most teams. It's not the end of the world for UGA if he gets hurt. AU doesn't have that kind of depth - which is exactly why KJ should have been on ice in the 4th quarter. 

You made my point for me.  We don’t have the depth or quality that UGA has behind Chubb.  Therefore we dance with who we brought.  

29 minutes ago, corchjay said:

You made my point for me.  We don’t have the depth or quality that UGA has behind Chubb.  Therefore we dance with who we brought.  

I do wish we would’ve continued hitting up JUCO for atleast 1 210+ lb back every year or so. Especially when we continually land the smaller backs out of HS.

10 hours ago, NorthGATiger said:

I hope to hell we played as vanilla as possible in the Texas A&M game.  If we didn't and that is what Gus is bringing to the gun fight on Saturday against UGA it is going to be really really ugly. 

I really hope you're just saying that and don't really think they were being vanilla. 

9 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

NCM just doesn’t seem to have the fire in his belly to excel.  He still has two more years to mature and the light to be turned on.  It’s up to him.

Yeah...for another team. He's gonna transfer for sure.

5 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Yeah...for another team. He's gonna transfer for sure.

NCM was on the field for over 50 snaps last week according to the breakdown I read just yesterday. You'd think he could get open on a few of those snaps, wouldn't you? It's an odd situation. 

Our WRs have not shown the ability to get separation when running intermediate routes. We have shown surprising speed with the deep routes. To win this game we must have a passing attack other than just deep routes. UGA will stop our run game and put pressure on QB. I suspect our subs will again have to fill the OL. Play calling will again be essential and we cannot allow ourselves to once again become predictable. UGA is not a lesser team and will shut us down if predictable. This game is winnable but will require game planning, adjustments and play calling  that tests our coaching abilities. Hopefully we are ready to take that step. If we are ready, then turnovers and special teams could decide this game.

UGA will blitz us a good bit. We will need quick hitting passes and hot routes to counter it and back them off.  If our play calling and adjustments are reactive we will have a long day. On the other hand, if we are proactive and take the fight to them and make their D reactive, then we stand a very good chance. Again, it will come down to coaching.

7 hours ago, WFE12 said:

I really hope you're just saying that and don't really think they were being vanilla. 

Maybe I am reading it wrong but you don't think the gameplan against Texas A&M was as cut and dry as possible?  Same plain Jane stuff we have seen for weeks now ran over and over again adnauseam.

I was just trying to say that if we run those same plays we have ran repeatedly against the cracker jack teams then ugag will eat our lunch.  Not that anyone cares but if we don't show an actual gameplan and scheme on offense to attack this team I will absolutely lose my ^%$#.   My fear is that we will run the exact same crap we do against every team and we will get beat.  Its why Gus can't win the big ones now.  He has lost his ability to attack a defense.  He coaches timid.

10 hours ago, corchjay said:

Gee, it’s almost like our coach should be held accountable for that lack of depth!

THIS is part of why we need a new coach. Oh and letting Grimes go was idiotic. Hand is awful, we’re struggling on OL with FOUR SENIORS.

JMO

10 hours ago, corchjay said:

The frustration I feel is the fan does not know the quality of the depth, as Gus doesn’t play the depth in situations that will show us (the fan) what talent we have backing up KJ.

We, as fans, have to trust Gus in his evaluation of his players.  Given his history, I’m sure you can see how nervous the fans are if or when KJ goes down.

18 hours ago, homersapien said:

We'll beat Georgia by emulating how Carolina beat Atlanta on Sunday:  Establish a foundation with a fierce, attacking defense and then execute on offense with a creative mix of plays.

That, and good special teams play. 

I think we have the personnel do do this,  but I still question if we are capable from a coaching standpoint.

and sneak Cam into the game

13 hours ago, Tiger96 said:

Did you ever watch those guys defense? Do you think they are sitting around Okie state today all smiles because they scored 50+ and still lost the game? Were you happy when we put 40+ on UA in 2014 but still lost?

Okie state has always put up buckets of points but I am not sure they ever win their conference.

50 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Gee, it’s almost like our coach should be held accountable for that lack of depth!

THIS is part of why we need a new coach. Oh and letting Grimes go was idiotic. Hand is awful, we’re struggling on OL with FOUR SENIORS.

JMO

A little in pass protection but a lot that is on the QB, new pass blocking scheme, and no hot routes for blitzes....KJ leads the league in rushing. I don’t think he could do that behind a struggling oline

1 hour ago, NorthGATiger said:

I was just trying to say that if we run those same plays we have ran repeatedly against the cracker jack teams then ugag will eat our lunch.  Not that anyone cares but if we don't show an actual gameplan and scheme on offense to attack this team I will absolutely lose my ^%$#.   My fear is that we will run the exact same crap we do against every team and we will get beat.  Its why Gus can't win the big ones now.  He has lost his ability to attack a defense.  He coaches timid.

Well, get ready to lose your mind. We are what we are. You will see the dive up the middle, WR screen to Ryan D, bombs to slayton, and handoffs to WRs (probably stove). These are the 4 main plays in our offense. I don't see how we are going to change everything we have been doing all year. My fear is that we had several plays that lost yardage on first down against TAM. We MUST get yards on first down. 

I hope I am wrong but I think he will one again be extremely conservative, run the same plays, and hope our defense wins the game. He always does this in big games. 

14 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Well, get ready to lose your mind. We are what we are. You will see the dive up the middle, WR screen to Ryan D, bombs to slayton, and handoffs to WRs (probably stove). These are the 4 main plays in our offense. I don't see how we are going to change everything we have been doing all year. My fear is that we had several plays that lost yardage on first down against TAM. We MUST get yards on first down. 

I hope I am wrong but I think he will one again be extremely conservative, run the same plays, and hope our defense wins the game. He always does this in big games. 

If Gus does this, then UGA is going to eat our O's lunch like they have since 2014 and this year their offense is much better than 2015 and 2016 while our D has been slipping in recent weeks.  If our O is the same old same old, UGA will win by 2 TDs at least.

wde 

Archived