Finebaum at it again

beagle34

8 minutes ago, beagle34 said:

Before huge Georgia game,Finebaum  on Bammerham radio suggesting Gus look for another job.

3/4 of the people on this board are doing the same.

18 minutes ago, bg5 said:

3/4 of the people on this board are doing the same.

Maybe so, but you're the one tuning in to that goober.:-\

It never ceases to amaze me. I actually like that goob. well sometimes, many of his regular callers lose me some days. he is not the authority on anything. he entertains and he has very good sources. on this one i think he is just relaying what he sees on places like HERE.

It’s about ratings . He could give a crap about anyone . He is a master pot stirrer and a millionaire . He wins .. people are too sensitive. I would do it too 

A lot of people do not realize most reporters source their information through this forum.  A great example is al.com.  I can think of two instance specifically of threads I created discussing certain topics where al.com published an article a few hours later on the same subject almost word for word.

The issue when reporters use forums for information is statistically, when someone posts a review of a product or place on the internet, 80% of the time it is emotionally motivated because they either really like the place, or really hate it.  The remaining 20% is through people that are level-headed.  This forum is no different.  When something goes wrong, people can act prematurely and lose their minds.  The reporters see this and think the majority of the fanbase thinks this way when in reality, it is a small sample size with the only posters being people emotionally motivated one way or another.

He panders to the Alabama fan or others base that will listen to anything negative or potentially negative about Auburn.It is not about the sensitivity of Auburn fans.

1 minute ago, beagle34 said:

He panders to the Alabama fan or others base that will listen to anything negative or potentially negative about Auburn.It is not about the sensitivity of Auburn fans.

Yeah, his target audience is bammer fans.  For years before ESPN, bammers would call his program and kept his show relevant in bammer circles.  Plus, Paul is a known bammer fan and Bear fan.  But he has no useful knowledge IMO.  He’s a “shock jock” just trying to get ratings.

1 hour ago, alexava said:

It never ceases to amaze me. I actually like that goob. well sometimes, many of his regular callers lose me some days. he is not the authority on anything. he entertains and he has very good sources. on this one i think he is just relaying what he sees on places like HERE.

This. I enjoy listening to F-baum when he has good guests on - he does great interviews. I even understand and can laugh at his pot-stirring. He has definitely toned down a good bit of that since moving to ESPN. But people need to calm down and realize the guy is just commenting - he has no pull or say in anything and even his fellow media members regularly discount his opinion. He often gets called out on his UAT bias. Just don't get worked up about it - no different than message board chatter.

18 minutes ago, lca408 said:

This. I enjoy listening to F-baum when he has good guests on - he does great interviews. I even understand and can laugh at his pot-stirring. He has definitely toned down a good bit of that since moving to ESPN. But people need to calm down and realize the guy is just commenting - he has no pull or say in anything and even his fellow media members regularly discount his opinion. He often gets called out on his UAT bias. Just don't get worked up about it - no different than message board chatter.

In his defense on this topic too , he's said repeatedly that it's just what he sees and has no information. Just don't be surprised basically.

17 minutes ago, lca408 said:

All true....but I do get ticked when some "AU fan" comes to this site with one of slimebaum's comments wanting to get some response or rejoinder to it.   

As noted, he does have some good interviews but in my view you have to sort through far too much BS to get to them .....and no way I'm gonna listen to Mable from Center Point for 5 minutes just hoping that Pawl will have an interesting interview later in the program. 

3 hours ago, keesler said:

Maybe so, but you're the one tuning in to that goober.:-\

Oh no!!!!!!! I have been F-Bomb free for several years now. It wasn't me that knew he said that it was beagle34.

I recently flushed my Paul and wiped my Finebaum....and I remembered to flush twice. It's a long way toTusc. and uphill for the most part.

I like the finebaum show. I think he’s a good journalist. I think the majority of Auburn fans have an inferiority complex and are probably too thin skinned to enjoy the show. He trolls, so what? It’s entertaining. He was very, very high on Auburn this off-season. Nobody was complaining then. 

34 minutes ago, bg5 said:

Oh no!!!!!!! I have been F-Bomb free for several years now. It wasn't me that knew he said that it was beagle34.

FYI I read it on a featured article on the AU Sec Country Web site and felt like responding.

2 hours ago, beagle34 said:

FYI I read it on a featured article on the AU Sec Country Web site and felt like responding.

Good you don't need to get mixed up with those unsavory types on that show!!!

10 hours ago, beagle34 said:

Praising Bama and trashing Auburn makes you money in that state. Paul knows how to play them and make money I will give him that.

You see the same thing in AL.com. I go check articles every now and then and 10 Bama articles pop up that are all pro and the Auburn articles will be negative. Like the Autograph thing, only article to pop was one that said Bama player claims he didn't take money. Then has like 40 comments from Bama fans talking about how dirty Auburn is.

If it was Auburn there would be 3 articles talking about the claims, no rebuttal from Auburn, and 1000 comments from Bama fans. Half of those lol by the same 10 guys. Sure some of you know who I'm talking about.

The podcasts are good SEC info. It trims out the BS callers and they just feed you the important guests on the show. However trying to sit through 3 or 4 hours of that show will make you want jab pencils into your ears

• 2 years later...

I don't listen to his show at all. But I will say I liked his journalism back in the 80s when newspapers were still relevant. If for no other reason, his pieces reflected someone with intellect and a decent vocabulary. Now guys like Crepea write on an 8th grade level and get paid for it. Another point about Paul: when Bama was going there through their ‘Mike’ period (Dubose, Price, Shula) and losing to AU 7 of 8 years, he was pretty tough on them. 

On 11/6/2017 at 11:36 AM, alexava said:

He does have some qualities I like..........can't stand the staged callers.

Cold eggs

Warm beer

Animal cruelty

The Paul Finebaum Show

Screenshot_20191109-063455~2.png

Archived