AU vs UGA - Weekly Presser

RunInRed

6 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

As depressing as it is, this gives me no confidence.  He said the same thing the last three years.

:beatmullet:

I feel good about this game if our offensive line can do a better job with the blitz. They are going to come after Stidham. I hope th  quick routes are there. Here's hoping our defense comes out  of their coma  because georgia does indeed have a two headed running threat.

“I don’t remember seeing this new many faces on the OL.” This is why I dislike Herb Hand.

Oh, and I don’t know where the right place to ask this is: what are the odds Bubba stays?

50 minutes ago, shabby said:

I feel good about this game if our offensive line can do a better job with the blitz. They are going to come after Stidham. I hope th  quick routes are there. Here's hoping our defense comes out  of their coma  because georgia does indeed have a two headed running threat.

Agree 100%.  KS is going to bring the house until we start beating him with the quick routes.  IF (and that is a BIG IF)...  IF our coaches have learned their lesson and see what it appears everyone else in the country sees, then we SHOULD be able to adjust and make these throws.

The thing that stuck out to me was Gus talking about having to manage (address) social media and what players are reading. He stressed it definitely was a thing. It's there. I always felt like the players were reading what was said, perhaps even my very words right now. We need to let them know we believe in them. We certainly have the talent.  And we need to tone down the snarky remarks. We all have our opinions, but we all should also have the ability to state them in a way that doesn't undermine the players' confidence and effort. Off my soap box now.

Other than that,  isn't KJ great? He's really turned into a quiet leader. Love him!

9 hours ago, AUwent said:

“I don’t remember seeing this new many faces on the OL.” This is why I dislike Herb Hand.

Oh, and I don’t know where the right place to ask this is: what are the odds Bubba stays?

What Gus is referring to is all the injuries on the OL that forced "new faces". It's been injuries, not decisions by Hand that caused all the Ol swapping around.

The OL is what it is. Hand had nothing to do with players going down. I think most would agree that the OL was getting much better now than the one that faced Clemson. I would offer that Hand had a "hand" in those improvements.

19 hours ago, WeagleAU said:

As depressing as it is, this gives me no confidence.  He said the same thing the last three years.

:beatmullet:

He says it every week.  It's best to not base your confidence on the game on Gus' presser...

For some reason I've had a good feeling about this game all week. I feel like we're gonna beat Georgia. Don't know how we're gonna do it. Maybe the defense really shows out I don't know but I think the Dawgs are gonna run into a buzz saw Saturday 

20 hours ago, corchjay said:

the players definitely used to read this board.  

Gus is saying the same thing Saban said about the rat poison.  

I bet the players get a good chuckle regarding the things that are said on here. Including my posts lol

4 hours ago, AUJedi said:

For some reason I've had a good feeling about this game all week. I feel like we're gonna beat Georgia. Don't know how we're gonna do it. Maybe the defense really shows out I don't know but I think the Dawgs are gonna run into a buzz saw Saturday 

Me too 

I think that JHS and the crowd is going to dictate this game more that any game since the Kick Six. Auburn is just different when the crowd is rocking. This reminds me of 06 Florida. The atmosphere was just too much for the Gators. It'll be the same Saturday. 

7 hours ago, Tiger said:

I bet the players get a good chuckle regarding the things that are said on here. Including my posts lol

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if players made fake accounts on here Kevin Durant style and talked crap about Gus lol.

Archived