CFP WEEK 2- Auburn at #10

WDE_OxPx_2010

Link to article

With a win vs UGA, Auburn is on great position to hit top 5.

"Benefiting from the losses of Big Ten heavyweights was TCU, which moved from No. 8 to No. 6 this week. The Horned Frogs have a chance to make a move this week as they take on No. 5 Oklahoma.

Miami also made a move up the chart, going from No. 10 to No. 7, jumping over Wisconsin in the process. Saturday's ACC showdown between the Hurricanes (8-0) and Irish (8-1) could be something of a CFP eliminator as the loser likely will see its chances of making it to the playoff disappear."

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did anyone just hear Joey Galloway say (relative to the AU/ga game ) that Stidham would have to be able to go down field better. Am I crazy? I think he does that well. It’s the space between down field and the line of scrimmage I would question. 

2 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

Did anyone just hear Joey Galloway say (relative to the AU/ga game ) that Stidham would have to be able to go down field better. Am I crazy? I think he does that well. It’s the space between down field and the line of scrimmage I would question. 

Galloway is an idiot.

2 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

Yeah, I caught that and thought the same thing.

Just now, Tiger96 said:

So if we win out ( I know a big what if ) and Wisconsin wins out, who ya'll got in in the playoff?

Too tough to choose for me. It will likely be 4 from Clemson/Miami, ND, Wisconsin, Oklahoma/TCU, Washington, Auburn/UGA/Bama.

Most likely 2 of those will lose, leaving a final 4 standing. The most likely scenario right now is Bama, UGA, ND, Oklahoma/TCU.

So if Auburn and Wisconsin somehow won out I would guess it would be something like

1) ND/Miami winner, given that both would’ve won out OR Clemson, if Miami won out then lost in ACC title game

2) OK/TCU winner, given that the winner won out

3) Auburn

4) Wisconsin OR Washington winning out, beating a top 10 USC in title game

2 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

I think Bama is in regardless. They can lose once and still get in.

I think that will likely happen, but mostly because I think enough people will lose to validate a non-champ getting in. Big 10 and Pac 12 are most likely not getting in.

25 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

Just FYI, this isn't the first time he has made this asinine statement. Makes you wonder if these talking-heads actually watch the games.

And don't get me started on David Potluck! (Maybe it's just Georgia week coming out in me . . . on second thought, nope!)

16 minutes ago, wareagleguy said:

Just FYI, this isn't the first time he has made this asinine statement. Makes you wonder if these talking-heads actually watch the games.

And don't get me started on David Potluck! (Maybe it's just Georgia week coming out in me . . . on second thought, nope!)

DP is a D-bag can't stand the SOB never have never will

1 hour ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Alabama SOS will stop them from that. And no, it is not anything like tOSU and Penn State situation last year.

So Washington At 9, hope they learned from the last time they put Washington in. Wisconsin and  Washington would both get beaten handily facing a top team 

3 hours ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

If they are not the SEC champ, and they wouldn't be with a loss to Auburn or UGA, they are probably out. Too many one-loss conference champs out there to put a second SEC team in the top four, and the SEC champ, be it AU, UAT or UGA, will be in it. Bammer won't go while the SEC champ stays home, you can book that.

32 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

To me alabama and OU are the scariest teams, the rest of the top 9 are easily beatable imo.

OU? There defense is terrible and makes them susceptible big time down the stretch . 

10 hours ago, djg0017 said:

I think that will likely happen, but mostly because I think enough people will lose to validate a non-champ getting in. Big 10 and Pac 12 are most likely not getting in.

That is the only way that they don’t make it. Auburn could potentially play a big spoiler and keep both Alabama and UGA out of the playoffs should we win out. 

7 hours ago, DAG said:

OU? There defense is terrible and makes them susceptible big time down the stretch . 

They arguably have the scariest offensive playmaker. I’d want to play them, but I’d be more worried going into the game than I would be if we matched up against any of the other teams

11 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

DP has given Auburn some props, though.  He said Jordan Hare was one of the toughest places to play.  

Of course he would say that.  He was present when Junior Rosegreen nearly killed one of his teammates.

From what I've seen this year and based on the rankings, I agree with some that posted above. My top four is:

1. SEC (AU/thUGA/turds)

2. ACC (Clemson/Miami)

3. BIG 12 (OU/TCU)

4. ND/Washington/Wisc 

After this week everything will be more ironed out, but with all the head to head match ups this week at least 1 team will be completely out (TCU IMO), with two others hurting (thUGA and Miami). I could also see Wisc go if they lose to Iowa. Depending on how we do if we win I could easily see us being 6/7 next week. Just all depends on which team shows up Saturday. One game at a time. 

42 minutes ago, tbone1430 said:

From what I've seen this year and based on the rankings, I agree with some that posted above. My top four is:

1. SEC (AU/thUGA/turds)

2. ACC (Clemson/Miami)

3. BIG 12 (OU/TCU)

4. ND/Washington/Wisc 

After this week everything will be more ironed out, but with all the head to head match ups this week at least 1 team will be completely out (TCU IMO), with two others hurting (thUGA and Miami). I could also see Wisc go if they lose to Iowa. Depending on how we do if we win I could easily see us being 6/7 next week. Just all depends on which team shows up Saturday. One game at a time. 

If Wisconsin and ND both win out , I can’t see either being left out.

Archived