CFP WEEK 2- Auburn at #10

WDE_OxPx_2010

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Strychnine said:

If an undefeated B1G Champion gets left out in favor of a one loss team, any one loss team, there should be an immense uproar.

Exactly . what would be the point of a playoff committee ? We aren’t talking about UCF here 

4 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Honest question, do you guys think we deserve to be #10? 

Auburn has played like a top 10 team in 2017, but they have not done so consistently.

On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 8:10 PM, bigbird said:

This is great! I had Clemson and Auburn winning out, TCU beating Oklahoma and ND beating Miami.

1 Clemson

2 Auburn (Best odds to win NC of the 4)

3 Notre Dame

4 TCU

Still too many games remaining to get a good "fake" picture but it was fun.

7 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

In this college landscape ? Yes , however we haven’t played like a top ten team yet . We’ve had glimpses. I want to see us play hard nose football for four quarters.

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

Exactly what would be the point of a playoff committee . We aren’t talking about UCF here 

In my opinion, the only circumstance under which an undefeated P5 conference champion should not be in the playoff, is if there are four other undefeated P5 conference champions and the discussion is about which of them has the least impressive resume.  Any undefeated P5 conference champion has a better resume than any one loss team.

4 hours ago, kd4au said:

I couldn't bring myself to like this, but I think your right. The turds will always get in because of them being bama., has nothing to do with SOS or anything else.

Bama is already in the playoff IMO...they will lose only one game from here on out. Ideally against Auburn, then Auburn will have to play UGA again (SEC title) and have to win to have a chance. While Bama sits at home and passes the eyeball test. This is where the LSU teeth grinding sinks in...that extra loss will be haunting for that reason IMO. 

41 minutes ago, DAG said:

Wait what? If both win out you really think the committee is going to base it on the region? I highly doubt the Madison folks will be content with a rose bowl  vs a playoff bid. Especially if they earned it.

Yep....Wisconsin schedule is weak....and unless there are a lot of big upsets along the way they will get left out...JMO...lots of people see it this way too.

They  won't be content...but that is how it is likely to be.

23 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Yep....Wisconsin schedule is weak....and unless there are a lot of big upsets along the way they will get left out...JMO...lots of people see it this way too.

They  won't be content...but that is how it is likely to be.

If they beat Iowa, michigan and win the big ten they absolutely deserve to be in the playoffs . Only people who think otherwise are fans and how logical are most of them? How are you going to leave out a power 5 undefeated team? Can’t see the college committee making a rational argument for keeping them out.

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

If they beat Iowa, michigan and win the big ten they absolutely deserve to be in the playoffs . Only people who think otherwise are fans and how logical are most of them? How are you going to leave out a power 5 undefeated team? Can’t see the college committee making a rational argument for keeping them out.

I hear what you say..... but people who yack about this stuff for a living feel don't seem to agree with you.   Bama and or Georgia or possibly AU depending on how that plays out.... plus Clemson or Miami and ND and Oklahoma .....and not Wisc no matter what they do they are not in control of their destiny....need for some other teams to lose in the next 3 weeks to open a slot for them.  

If ND loses, that would help them but beating Michigan or Iowa or Ohio State does not have much value now....all have 2 or 3 losses and tOSU at #11 or so is the highest rated team.  Not Wisconsin's fault....but seems like it has worked out that way.

1 hour ago, ClaytonAU said:

I can see where a gut reaction might be there is no way we deserve #10, but we are ranked behind all the one loss P5 teams, and I honestly don't think you can make a case that any other two loss P5 team has a better resume than Auburn.

Anyway, we will find out one way or another on Saturday...

3 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I hear what you say..... but people who yack about this stuff for a living feel don't seem to agree with you.   Bama and or Georgia or possibly AU depending on how that plays out.... plus Clemson or Miami and ND and Oklahoma .....and not Wisc no matter what they do they are not in control of their destiny....need for some other teams to lose in the next 3 weeks to open a slot for them.  

If ND loses, that would help them but beating Michigan or Iowa or Ohio State does not have much value now....all have 2 or 3 losses and tOSU at #11 or so is the highest rated team.  Not Wisconsin's fault....but seems like it has worked out that way.

Name them. I haven’t heard any talking head say that Wisconsin would not get in if they won out. Cite some sources because that is pretty much unbelievable. Especially you saying beating tOSU having no value when they pretty much are still respected based on their despite their loss to Iowa.

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

Name them. I haven’t heard any talking head say that Wisconsin would not get in if they won out. Cite some sources because that is pretty much unbelievable. Especially you saying beating tOSU having no value when they pretty much are still respected based on their despite their loss to Iowa.

The guys on Sirius ESPN talk radio...and even one of the media guys covering the Big 10....Wisconsin is 6 and nobody left on their schedule helps them...unless ND and Miami both lose in the next few weeks.  Those guys could be wrong...that's why they play the games..but I am in agreement...but we will know soon.

5 hours ago, DAG said:

Cite a logical reason behind this thinking besides they are Bama. And don’t even try to say look what happened to tOSU and Penn State . No where near close to the same thing 

I had no intention of citing either of them. This is just my opinion after following Auburn sports since 1954 and seeing how little respect we get. If they can find a good excuse to bypass us they will. I will wait and see what happens but it would not surprise me to see them take Alabama over us. Sadly when I take of the orange and blue glasses I cannot see us winning the  next 4 anyway. But I never give up hope.

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

The guys on Sirius ESPN talk radio...and even one of the media guys covering the Big 10....Wisconsin is 6 and nobody left on their schedule helps them...unless ND and Miami both lose in the next few weeks.  Those guys could be wrong...that's why they play the games..but I am in agreement...but we will know soon.

So radio talk guys . Alright 

1 minute ago, mickeyspano said:

I had no intention of citing either of them. This is just my opinion after following Auburn sports since 1954 and seeing how little respect we get. If they can find a good excuse to bypass us they will. I will wait and see what happens but it would not surprise me to see them take Alabama over us. Sadly when I take of the orange and blue glasses I cannot see us winning the  next 4 anyway. But I never give up hope.

AU people talk about lack of respect but there we were in 2013 with a couple miracle wins playing for the title.  AU beat #1 and #2 back to back and that is plenty good enough.

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

So radio talk guys . Alright 

National coverage...not bammer flacks....they are fairly objective ...not SEC haters but don't promote their favorite teams or conferences. ...and not taking calls from fans...all about coach interviews and regional media.

2 hours ago, Strychnine said:

BCS was a very different environment.  Media was hyping USC and Oklahoma in the BCS National Championship Game before the season even started.  No one wanted that pesky and meddling Auburn team jumping Oklahoma and ruining the party, except Auburn fans.  Polls, participated in and influenced by media, were an important component of the BCS.

Thus far, the playoff committee has demonstrated that they look at things objectively.  If Auburn wins out, they will have beaten two teams ranked #1 by the playoff committee itself, one of them twice, all within the span of the final four weeks of the season.  Ohio State just got pantsed by an unranked Iowa, and they are still in the top 15.  It does not matter how badly Auburn beats Georgia in either game.

Hope you are right

1 hour ago, DAG said:

The chairman of the committee pointed out that Wisconsin has the worst SOS than the whole top 25....

44 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

The chairman of the committee pointed out that Wisconsin has the worst SOS than the whole top 25....

That might be true but that is not the same as saying if they win out , they won’t have a playoff birth . He did say that in response to the current rankings and rationale for why they aren’t in the current top four.

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

National coverage...not bammer flacks....they are fairly objective ...not SEC haters but don't promote their favorite teams or conferences. ...and not taking calls from fans...all about coach interviews and regional media.

But you heard them on the radio , right?

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

But you heard them on the radio , right?

Actually a couple pretty good shows on Sirius XM each morning....college football oriented....Neuheisal , Childers and a couple others I can't recall....Steve Spurrier is on a couple hours one day a week....plus coach phone calls. 

Yep.....but hey, it's opinion.....you don't have to agree to them...but a damn site better than Pawl and most of the call in shows that you can get on local radio. 

Just now, AU64 said:

Actually a couple pretty good shows on Sirius XM each morning....college football oriented....Neuheisal , Childers and a couple others I can't recall....Steve Spurrier is on a couple hours one day a week....plus coach phone calls. 

Yep.....but hey, it's opinion.....you don't have to agree to them...but a damn site better than Pawl and most of the call in shows that you can get on local radio. 

Haha i am just giving you a hard time . 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Haha i am just giving you a hard time . 

that's fine....enjoy yourself....but if you have the chance you might enjoy the shows.....broaden your perspective perhaps :)

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

not to mention the last two big 10 teams in the playoff got beat like they stole something. I heard the talking heads say that could be a reason for the committee to have concern as it relates to Wisconsin.

Archived