Why the Bama ads?

thacheetah11

Something has bothered me on this site for a few weeks now and I can’t stay silent.. Why do we have Bama ads popping up on the site? This is the second one I’ve seen. This one I’m talking about is Alabama basketball tickets...and no, I haven’t been googling Alabama basketball on my browser.. anyone else been seeing this? 

Also, I didn’t know where to post this so it’s here. Move if needed.

Yes, I’m seeing the same thing.  There are a bunch of ads on this site selling Alabama basketball and baseball tickets.

We don’t control the google algorithm - it’s based on your browsing history, IP location, etc.  

Maybe if you click on them a few times they’ll stop appearing ... joking, kind of ;)

9 hours ago, thacheetah11 said:

Something has bothered me on this site for a few weeks now and I can’t stay silent.. Why do we have Bama ads popping up on the site? This is the second one I’ve seen. This one I’m talking about is Alabama basketball tickets...and no, I haven’t been googling Alabama basketball on my browser.. anyone else been seeing this? 

Also, I didn’t know where to post this so it’s here. Move if needed.

I could be wrong but clicking on links to articles about Bama such as the link in the Rivals section about the players receiving money for autographs probably doesn't help. Not saying that's what you did. Just thinking that it would show an interest in "things Bama". That's another reason to post articles instead of links.  

It's all about the Benjamin's. 

It's probably not too different from the Auburn al.com videos on YouTube having Paul Bear Bryants face plastered all over every Auburn video they put out.

Of course, if it's too big Of a deal, one could always consider adblock. At least then you could block the bama ads, rather than seeing that goons face all over auburn videos on YouTube. 

I've never seen a Bama ad pop up, but I frequent this board more than any other.  I see tons of cigar ads......but I do view, research and purchase cigars on-line often so I guess that's why I get bombarded with their ads on this board.:dunno:

2 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Go to Amazon or Google and search for flower pots, shoes, or kayaks.  Your ad bar will change.

To an ad for Florida tickets?

19 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

It's all about the Benjamin's. 

It's probably not too different from the Auburn al.com videos on YouTube having Paul Bear Bryants face plastered all over every Auburn video they put out.

Of course, if it's too big Of a deal, one could always consider adblock. At least then you could block the bama ads, rather than seeing that goons face all over auburn videos on YouTube. 

They probably know that bammers troll AU sites in great numbers and can reach more bama fans here and on al.com at the AU videos than on their own sites. 

And take AUdevils advice....it usually works for me at least.   

Archived