How bad do you hate UGA

NorthGATiger

I have lived in Georgia my whole life.  Grew up 30 minutes from the stinch in the air coming from Athens.  Don't get me wrong, I hate Bama but there is no team, no fan base, nothing connected to sports in my life that I absolutely loathe and hate more than UGA.  I hate them so badly I would trade going 6-6 next year under Gus to ruin their season Saturday.  I know thats bad right.  I despise that fan base that badly.  I hate hearing everyday that we are like 2-9 against them in the last 11 years and that one of those wins was a fluke pass into double coverage.  There is not another fan base on earth that has such a high opinion of themselves with nothing to back it up.  

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have always has a disdain for UGA and in fact thought that was the case for all AU fans.  However, I did hear a "AU fan" on the local radio call in yesterday and say he was a AU first then UGA.  Claimed he didn't care which team won this game as long as one of them got to playoffs.  I about lost my head.

Crazy, but, they are my second favorite team in the SEC. Typically pull for them in every game except the one this weekend. The fan base did not bother me until about the 2005 season. That year the fan base was fairly violent after the game and it just has not been the same there since. I am actually kinda sad because I use to really enjoy going there. 

This is actually THE game I look forward to each year and would pay more money to watch than the iron bowl. 

Teams I hate in this order # 1 the turds, then who ever we are playing that day.

I don't hate UGA. I hate that we haven't been beating them like we used to. And I believe we reverse the trend Saturday. WarDamn?!!!

I never disliked Georgia under Richt. People talk about them playing dirty, but I've seen it from both sides against Auburn. It's always chippy since so many players know each other. 

That being said, I want to beat Smart every year.

I never really hated them, until I moved to GA 3 years out of High School in 1984. I completely despise every thing about them. I'm glad they ran Richt off, because I actually liked him. I hate them so much that I will listen to their radio call-in programs IE the Bulldog brunch on Sunday mornings just to remind myself how much I loathe them. I don't attend any games anymore except for once in a blue moon, but have attended games at all the traditional SEC venues. I have never had any problems with opposing fans, except at Georgia. Had a couple of fans run up behind us and knock a stadium seat out of my wife's hands after a game in Athens about 20 years ago. I caught one of them and beat the s*** out of him. would have gotten them both but I couldn't catch the other one. Went to the 1999 Auburn Georgia game with a good friend of mine who was a Georgia fan, big boy over 300 pounds, and he and I about had to fight some other Georgia fans before we got out of there. I can't stand Bama because I think they get away with a lot of things that other teams can't, but my hatred for Georgia is on a totally different level.

If you don't mind people barking in your face then they aren't that horrible.  I had a bad experience years ago at a thUGA home game.  Auburn wasn't playing them and I wore a shirt that wasn't red, white or black and fools constantly barked in my face and said horrible things to the girl I was dating, even though she was dressed in red and black, because I was with her. 

2 minutes ago, AuGrad2004 said:

If you don't mind people barking in your face then they aren't that horrible.  I had a bad experience years ago at a thUGA home game.  Auburn wasn't playing them and I wore a shirt that wasn't red, white or black and fools constantly barked in my face and said horrible things to the girl I was dating, even though she was dressed in red and black, because I was with her. 

Well, I mind. some dude Barks in my face he's going to have to whip my a**

Can’t stand them. I disdain Alabama, but they are winners. UGA hasn’t won anything in 30+ years and  they have “the next Herschel” every single year. Biggest group of done-nothings that think they are God’s gift to football. 

I remember being barked at in my face by a UGA fan when I was at a game in Athens and I was like 12 years old. He was a grown man who didn’t go to UGA and probably couldn’t find Athens on the map had my dad not taken him to the game. 

I guess everybody has their own personal experiences. I hear a lot of stories about LSU fans, but my parents had some real good friends that I grew up calling them my aunt and uncle. They were actually not kinto us, but we were real close. My aunt worked at the athletic department at LSU for years, and I partied with those Cajuns many times. so, I only have fond memories of my trips to Baton Rouge.

1 hour ago, NorthGATiger said:

I have lived in Georgia my whole life.  Grew up 30 minutes from the stinch in the air coming from Athens.  Don't get me wrong, I hate Bama but there is no team, no fan base, nothing connected to sports in my life that I absolutely loathe and hate more than UGA.  I hate them so badly I would trade going 6-6 next year under Gus to ruin their season Saturday.  I know thats bad right.  I despise that fan base that badly.  I hate hearing everyday that we are like 2-9 against them in the last 11 years and that one of those wins was a fluke pass into double coverage.  There is not another fan base on earth that has such a high opinion of themselves with nothing to back it up.  

I grew up next to two UGA grads that were some of the best people in the world.  I started hating them in college.    I went to the '09 and '11 games.  Had a five year old bark at me.  Wondered where his dad was.  Turns out, his dad was the one telling him to do it.  Also, we had people pillage our coolers that we left in bushes close to one of the campus buildings.  They have the arrogance of bama fans with the record of Utah.  Most of their fans are sidewalkers, like uat fans, and they think they are better than you because of the t-shirt they bought at Walmart that supports a university that they have no true affiliation with.

1 hour ago, lkeel75 said:

I have always has a disdain for UGA and in fact thought that was the case for all AU fans.  However, I did hear a "AU fan" on the local radio call in yesterday and say he was a AU first then UGA.  Claimed he didn't care which team won this game as long as one of them got to playoffs.  I about lost my head.

The Deep South's Oldest Rivalry is often considered a friendly rivalry because of all of the ties between the two schools... (Pat Dye, Vince Dooley, etc.)

54 minutes ago, AU Tytrocious said:

I dunno, they're not the worst. Alabama and LSU are up there before Georgia. 

I don't hate LSU, and I don't think many AU fans do.  If anything, we side with them cause we both hate saban.

I've never hated them and never understood why it's such a rivalry but I've lived in Alabama my whole life. I'm starting to dislike them more now that they have a Sabah disciple. I despise with every fiber of my being the UAT!!! The most narcissistic fan base in the world! No one else even comes close 

2 minutes ago, 1856 said:

Also, we had people pillage our coolers that we left in bushes close to one of the campus buildings.  

Wasn't me :beer2:

May or may not have pillaged a cooler or two back in my day

2 minutes ago, AUJedi said:

I've never hated them and never understood why it's such a rivalry but I've lived in Alabama my whole life. I'm starting to dislike them more now that they have a Sabah disciple. I despise with every fiber of my being the UAT!!! The most narcissistic fan base in the world! No one else even comes close 

try living in Georgia within the proximity of Athens for a while you'll change your mind. LOL

They are the most smug fan base in the SEC, undeservedly so. I can't stand them. At least Bama has something to stand on in terms of wins. Inside they are so furious we've won a national championship in 2010. Georgia fans are just terrible.  I live in Georgia. 

Just now, TigerFanAU said:

They are the most smug fan base in the SEC, undeservedly so. I can't stand them. At least Bama has something to stand on in terms of wins. Inside they are so furious we've won a national championship in 2010. Georgia fans are just terrible.  I live in Georgia. 

There's no doubt that I would feel differently if I lived in the state. Impossible to understand if you don't. That's what I tell people outside our state about Alabama fans.

Bama and UGA are 1 and 1A for me.  I see very little difference between the two as far as pure hatred goes.

I will say, Bama fans are often more tolerable than UGA fans.  At least with Bama fans, they often have some folks in their family who are AU folks.  This tends to make many of them a little more chill, especially on Iron Bowl day in Tuscaloosa.  I've never had a problem over there.  Athens, however, is the one place in the SEC I will not go back to anytime soon.  Been twice and have no desire to go back, which sucks, because it's a great college town.  But their fans are just unbearable.

1 hour ago, Eagle-1 said:

I never really hated them, until I moved to GA 3 years out of High School in 1984. I completely despise every thing about them. I'm glad they ran Richt off, because I actually liked him. I hate them so much that I will listen to their radio call-in programs IE the Bulldog brunch on Sunday mornings just to remind myself how much I loathe them. I don't attend any games anymore except for once in a blue moon, but have attended games at all the traditional SEC venues. I have never had any problems with opposing fans, except at Georgia. Had a couple of fans run up behind us and knock a stadium seat out of my wife's hands after a game in Athens about 20 years ago. I caught one of them and beat the s*** out of him. would have gotten them both but I couldn't catch the other one. Went to the 1999 Auburn Georgia game with a good friend of mine who was a Georgia fan, big boy over 300 pounds, and he and I about had to fight some other Georgia fans before we got out of there. I can't stand Bama because I think they get away with a lot of things that other teams can't, but my hatred for Georgia is on a totally different level.

Brother you and I are in the same boat.  The game in Athens where Cox hit Aromoshadu I liked to have not got back to our car.  Got in 2 brawls with some drunk idiots.  Like you I feel Bama gets away with everything but my hate and disdain for Georgia is on a level all by itself.

Archived