How bad do you hate UGA

NorthGATiger

Ok, obviously my experience is dated because I haven't been to an Auburn-UGA game in over 30 years; but my clear memory as a student in the early 80's was that they were the worst fan base, by far!  Maybe it was the Herschel factor, they thought they were finally the chosen ones after Bryant passed. 

"University of Georgia, where the dogs are dawgs, and the women are too." ... rings in my head when I think back to those games.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, lkeel75 said:

I have always has a disdain for UGA and in fact thought that was the case for all AU fans.  However, I did hear a "AU fan" on the local radio call in yesterday and say he was a AU first then UGA.  Claimed he didn't care which team won this game as long as one of them got to playoffs.  I about lost my head.

I am that way with LSU. Cheer for them second. Lived in LA for 10 years and got my law degree from LSU - cheering for our divisional rivals sometimes happens.

I only hated Georgia when Auburn played them on gameday. Other than that, I didn't mind them at all, and saw it as a friendly rivalry. I hate Alabama with all of my soul and didn't think there was anything that could compare. Then I moved to and lived in GA for a couple of years. WOW. Now, not only do I hate the arrogant fan base, but long for them to lose. I was far more upset about the GA loss last year than any other. Not helping is that my wife's family is from GA, so I have to listen to her ridiculous uncles banter about Auburn. I hope to God we win this game on Saturday. They suck. 

No hate, I just don't like the rest of the SEC period. Bama and Georgia are simply  more satisfying wins than others. 

When I was little, my dad took me to an AU game in Athens (mid-80s) and all the UGA fans were wearing buttons that said "F*@k Auburn" (but spelled out). So that was how I learned the F-word as a kid, and also learned that I hated UGA. 

Throughout my childhood (in Atlanta), adult UGA fans would get in my face and tell me AU was a cow college and make fun of me for rooting for them. I remember, even then, thinking how odd it was that adults would bark like a dog...

They are the default redneck fan base of Georgia. Not all UGA fans are rednecks, but all rednecks are UGA fans in Georgia. People who couldn't name a single player on the team want to talk trash and tweet "Dawgs On Top!" when UGA beats AU. 

They are a fan base of haters. They hate everyone for no particular reason. They hate SC and Tenn. They hate UF and Tech. They hate Clemson and Bama. And especially AU. But it's not enough to just hate the team - they also have to hate the school and disparage the town. They have to tell you how much better Athens is, and how they have more bars than your town.

They have to accuse AU of cheating, at least daily. They really believe everyone else but them is cheating. If anyone else wins something, they must've cheated. But if UGA wins anything, it's squeaky clean... Well they never really win anything of consequence, but I digress. (Though no one yet has explained to me how they can sign all those 5-stars for free when they believe everyone else is paying $200k apiece). 

Sorry for the rambling answer, but you struck a nerve with this topic. I could go on and on.

I hate UGA so much, I'm drinking the koolaid that Gus will pull his head out his arse and have a clue to make adjustments for the offense in the game.

After reading this thread it looks as it all depends on what state you live in as to how bad you hate uga. I live in Alabama so I hate the turds worse but y'all have convinced me to start hating the dawgs with you. They are just bammers by a different name and in a different state. Hope we beat the dawg $h1t out of them pups.:wareagle:

I grew up in rural Alabama.... just North of Birmingham. I was raised in a family of Bama grads. I was the black sheep that pulled for Auburn. Bo Jackson made me fall in love with Auburn. 

I hated Bama, then I went to Auburn and started hating Georgia as well. Just because of the rivalry. 

Then I grew up and moved out of the state...moved out of the South all together. It changed me. I now pull for Auburn first, my state (any team in Alabama that isn't playing Auburn) next, and the SEC last. 

I don't "hate" anyone in our conference anymore. 

Doesn't mean I like them, but living out of the South for 2 decades made me reevaluate my feelings towards other teams in our conference.

I honestly have never had an issue with UGA fans and always looked forward to the game. Was such a cross over of people from Georgia that we always had an apartment or fraternity house to stay at and we provided them with a place to stay. So when I have been around Georgia fans we were always with Georgia fans.

Now over the years I started hearing more and more stories. We had a great time with the people we stayed and tailgated with in 2014, but I did hear a ton of really bad stories that year.

I have not lived in Georgia though. People are just different now, meaner. Suspect that combined with the fact that Auburn, Alabama, Tennessee, LSU, Florida have all won NC's while UGA has struck out probably doesn't help.

Besides growing up in Atlanta and having to hear all the time how much "better" they were than Auburn, I'll never forget how they vandalized our campus after the 2010 game and even tried to light the toilet paper on fire at Toomer's Corner (LSU was not the first; just the first to succeed). The fans also took to social media after that about how we acted like such thugs during the game, when footage clearly showed their players taking cheap shots at ours throughout the game. But of course, their s*** don't stink.

3 hours ago, caleb1633 said:

Besides growing up in Atlanta and having to hear all the time how much "better" they were than Auburn, I'll never forget how they vandalized our campus after the 2010 game and even tried to light the toilet paper on fire at Toomer's Corner (LSU was not the first; just the first to succeed). The fans also took to social media after that about how we acted like such thugs during the game, when footage clearly showed their players taking cheap shots at ours throughout the game. But of course, their s*** don't stink.

I hope the Mutts never win another football game.  not much in football gives me more pleasure then to see Auburn, Georgia Tech, or South Carolina beat them. Sorry Golf, but my hatred of the dogs makes me a part-time closet Tech fan

Well to give the depth of my disdain for UGA, I have broken up with women before due to the sole fact that they went to UGA or were fans.

fe0840ae-2cd6-4737-9959-a4bb69222275_text_hi.gif

Grew up in Georgia, I hate them more then Bama.  Majority of my friends are UGA fans so this year is really bad with them being #1 and also killing it in recruiting.  Rubbing Fields in my face has been nonstop. "We have 3 5* Qbs..."

They started a text thread with me constantly sending memes and "Scam Newton" jokes.  I've just been keeping my mouth shut hoping we shut them up on the field Saturday.

32 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Well to give the depth of my disdain for UGA, I have broken up with women before due to the sole fact that they went to UGA or were fans.

fe0840ae-2cd6-4737-9959-a4bb69222275_text_hi.gif

That's the wrong way to do it man, gotta convert them.

1993 Auburn - Georgia game.  My parents returned to their car to find the rear windshield shattered, and it was shattered because it had an AU sticker on it.  That is the only such incident of that magnitude that any member of my family has ever experienced on an opponent's campus.

I hate Georgia so much that if Auburn cannot knock them out, then I want Alabama to do it.  Yes, I would rather see Alabama in yet another playoff game than I would see Georgia make their debut.  Every ounce of joy should be squeezed from them, and then you kick them while they wallow about on the floor.  As annoying as it is to be barraged by Georgia fans proclaiming "this is our year", only to be disappointed, every year, I would delight in this year being yet another.

Archived