Pearl's Job in Jeopardy

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Hope this isn’t true, and if it is then it can’t mean anything good. Hope Bruce isn’t hiding any skeletons.

I don't believe Schlabach.  But, if this is true, there is only one reason Pearl wouldn't cooperate. 

2 minutes ago, around4ever said:

I don't believe Schlabach.  But, if this is true, there is only one reason Pearl wouldn't cooperate. 

So you think Schlabach just fabricated all of it?

Wow....just saw the story on al.com and of course was skeptical but seemed to have too much detail to be just a hit piece from outside. 

I understand he might want a lawyer present for any questioning but the idea that he might not be cooperating is unsettling. 

3 minutes ago, 1856 said:

So you think Schlabach just fabricated all of it?

No. But he is notorious for running a piece before having the rest of the story. 

3 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Being advised is different than not cooperating

What?

The article says Auburn officials advised him that his job is in jeopardy if he doesn't cooperate.

1 minute ago, around4ever said:

No. But he is notorious for running a piece before having the rest of the story. 

According to al.com AU declined to comment.....which means nothing usually but this is the kind of thing where the school can't allow other people to create the narrative.   Somebody needs to say something...JMO

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

According to al.com AU declined to comment.....which means nothing usually but this is the kind of thing where the school can't allow other people to create the narrative.   Somebody needs to say something...JMO

It is an open FBI investigation, that is why the initial request was denied.  

I think it's a bunch of nothing.  Why in the world would Bruce not cooperate with AU's internal investigation if he knew nothing about the Persons scheme?  Even Leath said he believed it was an isolated incident and no one knew what CP was doing.

Just now, auburnphan said:

It is an open FBI investigation, that is why the initial request was denied.  

Maybe but this is about whether he is cooperating with the investigation.   JMO but the open FBI investigation is just a cop out....otherwise why did AU hire the law firm to do an investigation and I expect that firm knows where the boundaries are.

5 minutes ago, keesler said:

I think it's a bunch of nothing.  Why in the world would Bruce not cooperate with AU's internal investigation if he knew nothing about the Persons scheme?  Even Leath said he believed it was an isolated incident and no one knew what CP was doing.

All an AU spokesperson has to say is:   "Coach Pearl is fully cooperating with our investigation and the assertion that his job is in jeopardy is false."    That's pretty simple and violates nothing legal or confidential IMO.

JMO but I'm betting someone inside AU let this out....if it is true. .

Just now, keesler said:

AU better give a not comment to a sole in this case.   The freaking FBI is still investigating and "The Rifleman" was indicted yesterday, and the FBI seized Pearl's phone and computer.  I hope Auburn has better sense than to make a public statement of any kind.

As for these "sources" pouring out internal information about AU to the likes that pimple Mark Schlabach and al.com......well they can jump in a lake.

Disagree on this....AU can make all kind of public statements that don't violate anything....and stupid to leave it to media to tell the story the way they want to.   That's why AU has lawyers....to help tell the story....but no time to take the "fifth". 

JMO but someone at AU might not be happy if BP is not cooperating....and putting pressure on him. 

Up to this point AU has backed BP 100% and nobody wants to look like they were duped. 

I’ll wait to hear it from sources closest to home. ..espn is crap investigating and reporting 

1 minute ago, WeagleAU said:

I ’ll wait to hear it from sources closest to home. ..espn is crap investigating and reporting 

AU beat writers are coving it too....

2 minutes ago, WeagleAU said:

I’ll wait to hear it from sources closest to home. ..espn is crap investigating and reporting 

And Mark Schlabach has had daggers for Auburn for years.  I hate the "sources" BS that always gets injected into articles like this.  

32 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Being advised is different than not cooperating

Agreed.

If Pearl is being told by a legal team not to cooperate, then I'm inclined to side with him on this one.

1 minute ago, keesler said:

And Mark Schlabach has had daggers for Auburn for years.  I hate the "sources" BS that always gets injected into articles like this.  

True....but I'm guessing something came up during the indictment ....timing is more than a coincident don't you think? And AU beat writers are chasing it too with attempts to get comment from AU.   The fact that MS is an ass does not make the story not true or mean that AU can just clam up on the allegations.   JMO    

AU has done a very good job handing this problem from the start and they just don't need to drop the ball now. 

Just now, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Agreed.

If Pearl is being told by a legal team not to cooperate, then I'm inclined to side with him on this one.

He works for AU....if he does not cooperate with AU for personal legal reasons that's his choice ....but I'm betting that he ,nor anyone else,  can take that position and keep their job....which was the point of the article.  . 

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

He works for AU....if he does not cooperate with AU for personal legal reasons that's his choice ....but I'm betting that he ,nor anyone else,  can take that position and keep their job....which was the point of the article.  . 

A thought, there is absolutely nothing that the University investigation is gonna find that the FBI investigation is not gonna find.  The concept of the investigation is a PR thing and to a small extent, help with anything in the future with the NCAA, which also may be limited in its actions until the FBI investigation is complete.

2 questons. What is Bruce hiding? Whay want Bruce cooperate with the school's internal investigation? I would think if he continues to not cooperate, the university has cause to fire him. As it has turned out, Hiring Bruce and Clint were 2 more GREAT hires by Jay Jacobs. Thanks JJ for giving birth to more scandals under your watch Auburn's AD.

4 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

A thought, there is absolutely nothing that the University investigation is gonna find that the FBI investigation is not gonna find.  The concept of the investigation is a PR thing and to a small extent, help with anything in the future with the NCAA, which also may be limited in its actions until the FBI investigation is complete.

Sounds reasonable and every coach's contract has clauses in it about the price for not cooperating with investigations that might be NCAA related.     Meanwhile, no doubt that something came up that caused the  Feds to take his computer and phone...probably  at the indictment hearing ? .

This is a bad thing and no way that AU can just decline to make a comment.    Shoot , get Gus to do it.  He can talk ten minutes and not say anything specific. 

Archived