Pearl's Job in Jeopardy

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Meanwhile, no doubt that something came up that caused the  Feds to take his computer and phone...probably  at the indictment hearing ? .

I was under the impression that his phone and laptop were taken when the first guys were arrested. This isn't new info, right?

5 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

I was under the impression that his phone and laptop were taken when the first guys were arrested. This isn't new info, right?

thought that was new but you could be right....either way....not a good thing for him...wonder if he had backup off line or something ?   Boy that would be really tough to lose those records. 

10 minutes ago, DivisionN said:

Auburn needs to stand behind Coach Pearl.

Why?   

At the very time when AU needs all hands on deck and rowing the boat together, we have one clown adding fuel to what is already a boiling cauldron of emotions and disastrous incidents.  Screw him.  Cooperate or be gone. 

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Sounds reasonable and every coach's contract has clauses in it about the price for not cooperating with investigations that might be NCAA related.     Meanwhile, no doubt that something came up that caused the  Feds to take his computer and phone...probably  at the indictment hearing ? .

This is a bad thing and no way that AU can just decline to make a comment.    Shoot , get Gus to do it.  He can talk ten minutes and not say anything specific. 

Got your statement!!!

Schlabach is a giant tool box that's never researched a story in his life before writing his drivel.   He routinely makes stuff up to get hits and keep his name relevant.  He knows absolutely nothing grounded in any facts.    I prefer to wait for a credible source for this before giving it any more time.  Schlabach has proven to be one of the least credible to ever be employed at espn.

What a shock, Schlabach throwing around wild accusations UGA week. I’m shocked.

Hopefully it isn’t true because this is bad if so. I’ll wait for a more credible source before getting too worked up. 

11 hours ago, bigbird said:

Good ole Rich McGlynn...

I think the law firm that is the de facto AD right now has quite a bit to do with this as well. As much as I'd like to see cooler heads prevail, I don't see a peaceful resolution to this situation. 

8 hours ago, auburnphan said:

Rumor has it he will be going for the Guinness book of World Records for the Largest Ego .

Could be but I bet his biggest competitors for that record work right there in the Athletic Department.    Sure don't envy him  his job. 

13 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

I don't think this is wrong. Why would you say anything until lawyers advise you to speak? No story here. This is Schlabach stirring the pot 

If Schlablauch is right, there is still something seriously wrong with the situation. Bruce Pearl shouldn’t need a lawyer’s blessing to speak to his own employer. If Pearl is refusing to cooperate with his own boss, then something isn’t right. Am I right @TitanTiger?

We are talking about an internal investigation, not a civil or criminal investigation.

But if the internal investigation is asking questions about a Federal investigation then Pearl has the right to seek advice. 

Imagine your employer coming to ask you about the details of an FBI investigation, when the FBI has given you the order to not discuss it. What would you do? 

Hes not “not cooperating” hes just cooperating with the FBI instead of Auburn. IMO

7 minutes ago, Auhud08 said:

Imagine your employer coming to ask you about the details of an FBI investigation, when the FBI has given you the order to not discuss it. What would you do? 

I’d not discuss and then if they fire me for not discussing, I’d sue for everything including the shirts on their backs. 

Just now, aujeff11 said:

I’d not discuss and then if they fire me for not discussing, I’d sue for everything including the shirts on their backs. 

Word- auburn cant do anything. This is someone on the inside whos pissed they cant get info

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

That could be ....but the premise of AUd's question is not established.   AU is likely looking at NCAA issues  .....probably regarding the two players who are being held out.   

Either way, you can bet that by contract BP has to talk to AU's investigating attorney firm....and if he needs his own lawyer....no problem there.....and they should be able to sort out what is permissible and what is not permissible.

JMO but nobody has the right to hide behind "FBI investigation" and use that as a justification for not being honest / open with an employer. 

46 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Could be but I bet his biggest competitors for that record work right there in the Athletic Department.    Sure don't envy him  his job. 

His name seems to pop up quite often on things that one would question why is he even involved in that.

1 minute ago, auburnphan said:

His name seems to pop up quite often on things that one would question why is he even involved in that.

NCAA rules cover a broad range of stuff and I gather his job is to keep AU out of trouble with the NCAA which means he's probably telling people "no" on stuff they might like to do and I'm betting he is a no risk person.  

He's probably like the corporate lawyers I've dealt with in the past. ..easier to say "you can't do that" than it is to take the risk of saying "go ahead". 

...and this is why you don't hire someone with a Show Cause.  Because now even if he is not doing anything wrong, the perception is not good because of what has happened in his past.

13 minutes ago, AU64 said:

NCAA rules cover a broad range of stuff and I gather his job is to keep AU out of trouble with the NCAA which means he's probably telling people "no" on stuff they might like to do and I'm betting he is a no risk person.  

He's probably like the corporate lawyers I've dealt with in the past. ..easier to say "you can't do that" than it is to take the risk of saying "go ahead". 

I think it really goes beyond that.  I would bet if we get an AD from the outside he will be the first one let go.  Only a nancy like JJ would allow for his conduct.  Also, the man  holds a grudge.  

Archived