13 hours ago, AUnMS said:

Can we just stop having dumpster fires in our athletic department!! >:(

Apparently the answer to this is a resounding, "NO!"

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, AUnMS said:

Can we just stop having dumpster fires in our athletic department!! >:(

not until you get rid of the pyromaniac running the show and his hired lighter fluid

15 hours ago, WeagleAU said:

Im not sure what the real story here is.  But the leadership at the university has some real problems with getting a handle on their athletic programs.

With all these leaks, an unfounded stories coming out, it is obvious that some within the university and outside the university want to see Auburn’s athletic programs fail.  I’m not sure if it is a personal vendetta or what, but Auburn has a serious problem with “news” coming out almost weekly.  Sometimes it turns out to be true, and many time it does not.

We've seen a steady stream of smoke billowing out of the AD for months on end.  When 35% of your sports programs are under some sort of investigation, internal or external you've got trouble.

There are no outside culprits like the mean ole REC, the Turds or the hateful media to blame for the Baseball - Softball - Track - Basketball programs. 

AU has had Lightfoot, Franklin & White on 24/7 retainer and will continue to pour out hundreds of thousands for their services , this ALL falls on the totally dysfunctional Auburn Family.

2 minutes ago, keesler said:

We've seen a steady stream of smoke billowing out of the AD for months on end.  When 35% of your sports programs are under some sort of investigation, internal or external you've got trouble.

There are no outside culprits like the mean ole REC, the Turds or the hateful media to blame for the Baseball - Softball - Track - Basketball programs. 

AU has had Lightfoot, Franklin & White on 24/7 retainer and will continue to pour out hundreds of thousands for their services , this ALL falls on the totally dysfunctional Auburn Family.

I appreciate your frustration but there is more here than just JJ.  Every program in trouble was being lead by a highly paid and highly regarded coaching staff.  None the less...most have already paid a price ...or are in the process of paying the price for the transgression that are going to bring down their boss too.  

And right now, we have the FBI and NCAA digging in the basketball program, a coach indicted and players suspended.....and sounds like a coach who is not fully cooperating.....and who is the villain?  ......Auburn University if you read this site.   

There seems to be an attitude that anything goes......and strange to me that (other than JJ) the most unpopular guy in the department is the one who is trying to keep us out of trouble with the NCAA and enforce some academic standards. When that's the attitude, there is no wonder this stuff continues to happen. 

15 hours ago, auburnphan said:

It was.  I am also very confident that the firm is not that annoyed by that, but they can't finalize things.  It has become political to some extent because someone who is suppose to do something got pushed aside and is left in the dark.  New  President new way of running things.

Pissing contest - Titan alluded to it yesterday.  

McGlynn and others in the AD/Compliance don't like being left out in the dark.  I can't blame McGlynn, his job is to know the in's and out's of everything so that he can protect and defend Auburn on every front including but not limited to the NCAA.  He has to keep AU athletics on the field/court in action, playing every student-athlete on scholarship unhindered by ineligibility issues.  

And when he's faced with an FBI investigation uncovering wrongdoing by an AU coach who ends indicted on over half a dozen counts, with at least 2 student-athletes off the court permanently or temporarily, he wants details and he wants the Head Coach of that program to provide his share of the details.

However, leaking this dirty laundry to ESPN/Schlabach in and effort to strong arm or intimidate Pearl is wrong and Leath needs to nip this in the bud.

51 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I appreciate your frustration but there is more here than just JJ.  Every program in trouble was being lead by a highly paid and highly regarded coaching staff.  None the less...most have already paid a price ...or are in the process of paying the price for the transgression that are going to bring down their boss too.  

And right now, we have the FBI and NCAA digging in the basketball program, a coach indicted and players suspended.....and sounds like a coach who is not fully cooperating.....and who is the villain?  ......Auburn University if you read this site.   

There seems to be an attitude that anything goes......and strange to me that (other than JJ) the most unpopular guy in the department is the one who is trying to keep us out of trouble with the NCAA and enforce some academic standards. When that's the attitude, there is no wonder this stuff continues to happen. 

I agree 100% '64.  My response was to state my opinion that the turmoil within the AD is self-inflicted by Auburn people and not some outside sources trying to damage or hurt AU.

I've been on the fence with this Basketball fiasco. I HATE the leaks and I'm sure Pres Leath feels the same way.  But I also understand Rich McGlynn's job is to protect Auburn at all costs, and he can't do his job when the Head Coach refuses to fully cooperate.

I understand from comments made,  that Rich is in a hurry to gather information and he is applying pressure to obtain it NOW.  Suggestions have been made that if he'd cool his heels, let the FBI investigation conclude that he might not face resistance from Pearl & his attorney. 

The problem with that is who the hell knows how long the Feds will take to get to the end of the investigation, come to a conclusion and nail the people involved?  It could take months or years (they gathered info from Pearl as far back as 2 yrs ago.) 

Auburn may have to face NCAA investigators and they don't have the luxury of sitting back waiting on the Feds and their pace of action - Auburn needs to act pronto and evaluate the situation so that they can build their own defense if needed.

On 11/9/2017 at 11:07 AM, keesler said:

I'm on the fence about this whole thing.

But if I were Auburn University and an employee took that position, then I'd have that employee take a good long look at that logo on his very substantial paycheck.  Then I'd ask him to reconsider his position one more time before he chose to take that cold, hard stance against his employers requests for cooperation.

Bottom line, coaches come and go - Auburn University is here to stay.

It wouldn't be a hard choice for me. One can fire me and I can get another job. The other can put me in prison. Even if he is 100% clean saying the wrong thing could lead to legal problems. 

1 minute ago, RHN1975 said:

It wouldn't be a hard choice for me. One can fire me and I can get another job. The other can put me in prison. Even if he is 100% clean saying the wrong thing could lead to legal problems. 

He has an attorney who can guide him.  And if it's that legally complicated and risky for him to tell the truth....he might want to just submit his resignation and be done with it..... though I'm betting that getting another job would not be as simple as you make it sound. 

3 minutes ago, AU64 said:

He has an attorney who can guide him.  And if it's that legally complicated and risky for him to tell the truth....he might want to just submit his resignation and be done with it..... though I'm betting that getting another job would not be as simple as you make it sound. 

And that attorney is probably the one telling him to hold off. On a personal level an FBI investigation is more important than an NCAA investigation or in house at the school. We are looking at this through our eyes as fans that love AU. I would still look out for myself over AU any day in a legal matter. 

4 minutes ago, keesler said:

I wonder what the hell Pearl knows or knew that would get his ass in a sling with the FBI?  

He may not know anything. It could be as simple as giving the wrong date for something or the wrong name. They could push for perjury or obstruction charges just to try and pressure him. Even if he knows nothing the FBI wants to make sure it is clear he is telling the truth. 

2 hours ago, RHN1975 said:

And that attorney is probably the one telling him to hold off. On a personal level an FBI investigation is more important than an NCAA investigation or in house at the school. We are looking at this through our eyes as fans that love AU. I would still look out for myself over AU any day in a legal matter. 

No dispute there....just saying....if he can't be open with AU he should take a leave of absence until things get sorted out to his satisfaction or the satisfaction of his attorney.    Not fair to try and play both sides....that's all I'm saying. 

7 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

What I've heard as well

Leath is also an egotistical, "look at me" boisterous administrator who cares more about his name being spelled right in the papers than anything else.

18 hours ago, keesler said:

I wonder what the hell Pearl knows or knew that would get his ass in a sling with the FBI?  

Early on it was reported in more than one place that the FBI had told some AU athletic department officials not to discuss the matter. In that case, talking about it could "get his ass in a sling". Maybe Pearl is simply following the FBI's instructions?

9 hours ago, SCTiger2011 said:

Leath is also an egotistical, "look at me" boisterous administrator who cares more about his name being spelled right in the papers than anything else.

what the heck does this mean? What are you basing this on? Facts please....

No matter who this university hires, we seem to have someone come out of left field and simply complain?

Are you a Millennium?  Millennials always want 'success on a plate'. lol.

On 11/11/2017 at 10:26 AM, steeleagle said:

what the heck does this mean? What are you basing this on? Facts please....

No matter who this university hires, we seem to have someone come out of left field and simply complain?

Are you a Millennium?  Millennials always want 'success on a plate'. lol.

Yes, I am a millennial. I appreciate your blanket generalization of a whole generation of hundreds of millions of people. It's not the point of this thread so I'll save from cluttering it up, but, in short, I have family with ties to Iowa and family friends who work at ISU who think it's the greatest thing in the world that someone took him away. He has his "pet projects" at every university and determines funding based on who tells him how great he is. This is the last I'll say on it so I don't become a sour grapes, repetitive poster on one issue. But thanks for dismissing my opinion out right just because of my age. It shows you really consider the merits of an argument over who's giving it...

1 hour ago, SCTiger2011 said:

Yes, I am a millennial. I appreciate your blanket generalization of a whole generation of hundreds of millions of people. It's not the point of this thread so I'll save from cluttering it up, but, in short, I have family with ties to Iowa and family friends who work at ISU who think it's the greatest thing in the world that someone took him away. He has his "pet projects" at every university and determines funding based on who tells him how great he is. This is the last I'll say on it so I don't become a sour grapes, repetitive poster on one issue. But thanks for dismissing my opinion out right just because of my age. It shows you really consider the merits of an argument over who's giving it...

well, what else what was I suppose to do. You make a quick comment, with nothing to support it. I see all the time on here where posters just give baseless opinions with little to support.

Since I didn't know your background, I appreciate more where you are coming from. Sometimes a little ego is a good thing. But with him being somewhat on probation and will be reviewed how he listens, and cooperates, and doesn't toot his horn, like you say he did at ISU. He better be careful.

And I said that about millennials just to get a spike in a response. My 3 kids are millennials, so I get some those quick comments from them....I'm learning..:)  

3 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

well, what else what was I suppose to do. You make a quick comment, with nothing to support it. I see all the time on here where posters just give baseless opinions with little to support.

Since I didn't know your background, I appreciate more where you are coming from. Sometimes a little ego is a good thing. But with him being somewhat on probation and will be reviewed how he listens, and cooperates, and doesn't toot his horn, like you say he did at ISU. He better be careful.

And I said that about millennials just to get a spike in a response. My 3 kids are millennials, so I get some those quick comments from them....I'm learning..:)  

Actually IMO you made a reasonable response....this " I have a friend who knows people....." explanation is a poor way to form opinions of people you have no personal contact with.    It could be accurate or just a personal axe to grind by someone who did not get his or her way over something.  

Leath deserves to make his own record at AU....soon enough we will know what kind of leader he is and we don't need people poisoning the well in advance.  Thanks for your response....and I have millennials too...and you were not that far off.

2 hours ago, AU64 said:

Actually IMO you made a reasonable response....this " I have a friend who knows people....." explanation is a poor way to form opinions of people you have no personal contact with.    It could be accurate or just a personal axe to grind by someone who did not get his or her way over something.  

Leath deserves to make his own record at AU....soon enough we will know what kind of leader he is and we don't need people poisoning the well in advance.  Thanks for your response....and I have millennials too...and you were not that far off.

I'm a millennial:cool:

11 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

I'm a millennial:cool:

I think you are a bi-millennial....but good try...:) 

Archived