War to the Eagle

2018 4* CB Christian Tutt Commits to AU!!!

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, Mikey said:

Coaches in the area say he's the best football player in South Florida regardless of position. Currently 5'7" and 185. Does Sproles come to mind?  Not far off from Emmitt Smith either. I think you should take a closer look.

This is 100% true. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




12 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

AU. I have felt he would end up at AU for a while now. We are more confident in him getting in and all now and have been recruiting him hard. 

Any clue as to why uga cooled on him? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why is our secondary recruiting so lacking? I feel like this guy is definitely ours. We really need to focus on building depth back there though. Need the juco to sign as well. It feels like every year, I am hearing how thin we are in the secondary.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DAG said:

Why is our secondary recruiting so lacking? I feel like this guy is definitely ours. We really need to focus on building depth back there though. Need the juco to sign as well. It feels like every year, I am hearing how thin we are in the secondary.

No sure it's lacking. Monday is a sure fire stud at safety. 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

No sure it's lacking. Monday is a sure fire stud at safety. 

I am not talking star power. I am talking depth 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ClaytonAU

Just watched one of his highlights and like most, you dont get to see much. Just a quick once over. Like a majority of HS DBs, he plays a little high. He seems to trigger well and closes quickly and violently. Many plays I saw him with his eyes in the backfield allowing him to break quicker. That works in HS, but will get you beat badly in college.He uses his hands well jamming and defending the ball as it arrives. He seems to be a solid prospect.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DAG said:

I am not talking star power. I am talking depth 

We've got two studs at safety and one hybrid s/lb. Also Fuqua has decide to play in the secondary too.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bigbird said:

@ClaytonAU

Just watched one of his highlights and like most, you dont get to see much. Just a quick once over. Like a majority of HS DBs, he plays a little high. He seems to trigger well and closes quickly and violently. Many plays I saw him with his eyes in the backfield allowing him to break quicker. That works in HS, but will get you beat badly in college.He uses his hands well jamming and defending the ball as it arrives. He seems to be a solid prospect.

Always appreciate your input!

  • Thanks 1
  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd say the DB recruiting is anything but thin this year. Basically, we have three Safeties in the fold (Monday, Sherwood, and Fuqua) along with a guy that's a S/LB hybrid who could play some Nickel (Marsh). If we land Tutt, that's a high-end CB, and from what I understand, we're still considering/recruiting Keith Washington (former Michigan CB). If we spend five or six scholarships on the defensive backfield, that's depth.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, DAG said:

Why is our secondary recruiting so lacking? I feel like this guy is definitely ours. We really need to focus on building depth back there though. Need the juco to sign as well. It feels like every year, I am hearing how thin we are in the secondary.

Goober effect?  ($1 to @GwillMac6)

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JoeinPF said:

I though I read he would commit on Tuesday. Can anyone confirm and what time?

3 ET

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, DAG said:

Why is our secondary recruiting so lacking?

A new coach at a position every year hurts your recruiting at that position often times. Your behind the 8 ball if recruits are in the developing relationship stage with a recruiter often.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, DAG said:

I am not talking star power. I am talking depth 

4 safeties in a class is pretty good depth. The staff was planning to take only 1 CB but will now take 2 in case Carlton turns pro.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Info from a tOSU SECCountry style site

Quote

 

I spoke to Tutt briefly about his decision.

“I talk to [Buckeyes cornerbacks coach Kerry Coombs] every day,” Tutt said. “Him, [defensive coordinator Greg] Schiano and Coach Meyer.”

While the Ohio State staff has tried to stay in the game with the No. 25-ranked cornerback in 2018 per the 247Sports composite, the vibe I got from him is that he’ll choose the Tigers on Tuesday.

“Auburn has been there the whole time,” he added. “The situation they’re in right now, and the situation I’m in right now, it’s hard to say no to.”

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice this guy seems like a solid addition to the secondary class we are assembling. Seem to be hitting our needs pretty well so far

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From what I can gather, we're looking at Tutt (c'mon and join the fun!!), McMichael (a long shot), CD Daniel (Memphis commit), Jalynn Williams (Florida commit as a WR), possibly Derek Turner (seemed to be a target in the summer), and Keith Washington (at Co-Lin JUCO via Michigan).

@ellitor Does that about cover it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mcgufcm said:

From what I can gather, we're looking at Tutt (c'mon and join the fun!!), McMichael (a long shot), CD Daniel (Memphis commit), Jalynn Williams (Florida commit as a WR), possibly Derek Turner (seemed to be a target in the summer), and Keith Washington (at Co-Lin JUCO via Michigan).

@ellitor Does that about cover it?

Other than McMichael I actually don't know who the 2nd corner would be yet & not sure CGB does yet either. He's still evaluating guys from what I have seen. AU is trying to get Vol commit Jaycee Horn on campus as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, McMichael is the only lock of that group. Seems like we'd take him any time he wanted to sign up. The rest are just guys I've seen mentioned at various times having real communication with our staff. I saw some quote from Daniels basically saying if Auburn offered it would be tough to turn down, which I take to mean he's in if we want him.

Like you said, it doesn't seem like we've made a call on who the second CB target is (other than McMichael).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ellitor said:

4 safeties in a class is pretty good depth. The staff was planning to take only 1 CB but will now take 2 in case Carlton turns pro.

Carlton is getting a first round grade, I think he'll declare after the season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Carlton is getting a first round grade, I think he'll declare after the season. 

If he spent another year under CGB, he would be the next Rogers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bigbird said:

If he spent another year under CGB, he would be the next Rogers

I agree if CGB actually sticks around another year.

Edited by ClaytonAU

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ClaytonAU said:

I agree if CGB actually sticks around another year.

Why wouldn't he?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now