2018 4* CB Christian Tutt Commits to AU!!!

War to the Eagle

12 hours ago, Mikey said:

Coaches in the area say he's the best football player in South Florida regardless of position. Currently 5'7" and 185. Does Sproles come to mind?  Not far off from Emmitt Smith either. I think you should take a closer look.

This is 100% true. 

12 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

AU. I have felt he would end up at AU for a while now. We are more confident in him getting in and all now and have been recruiting him hard. 

Any clue as to why uga cooled on him? 

Why is our secondary recruiting so lacking? I feel like this guy is definitely ours. We really need to focus on building depth back there though. Need the juco to sign as well. It feels like every year, I am hearing how thin we are in the secondary.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Why is our secondary recruiting so lacking? I feel like this guy is definitely ours. We really need to focus on building depth back there though. Need the juco to sign as well. It feels like every year, I am hearing how thin we are in the secondary.

No sure it's lacking. Monday is a sure fire stud at safety. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

No sure it's lacking. Monday is a sure fire stud at safety. 

I am not talking star power. I am talking depth 

@ClaytonAU

Just watched one of his highlights and like most, you dont get to see much. Just a quick once over. Like a majority of HS DBs, he plays a little high. He seems to trigger well and closes quickly and violently. Many plays I saw him with his eyes in the backfield allowing him to break quicker. That works in HS, but will get you beat badly in college.He uses his hands well jamming and defending the ball as it arrives. He seems to be a solid prospect.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, DAG said:

We've got two studs at safety and one hybrid s/lb. Also Fuqua has decide to play in the secondary too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

@ClaytonAU

Just watched one of his highlights and like most, you dont get to see much. Just a quick once over. Like a majority of HS DBs, he plays a little high. He seems to trigger well and closes quickly and violently. Many plays I saw him with his eyes in the backfield allowing him to break quicker. That works in HS, but will get you beat badly in college.He uses his hands well jamming and defending the ball as it arrives. He seems to be a solid prospect.

Always appreciate your input!

• Thanks 1
  • Angry 1

I'd say the DB recruiting is anything but thin this year. Basically, we have three Safeties in the fold (Monday, Sherwood, and Fuqua) along with a guy that's a S/LB hybrid who could play some Nickel (Marsh). If we land Tutt, that's a high-end CB, and from what I understand, we're still considering/recruiting Keith Washington (former Michigan CB). If we spend five or six scholarships on the defensive backfield, that's depth.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, DAG said:

Goober effect?  ($1 to @GwillMac6)

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, JoeinPF said:

I though I read he would commit on Tuesday. Can anyone confirm and what time?

3 ET

21 hours ago, DAG said:

Why is our secondary recruiting so lacking?

A new coach at a position every year hurts your recruiting at that position often times. Your behind the 8 ball if recruits are in the developing relationship stage with a recruiter often.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, DAG said:

4 safeties in a class is pretty good depth. The staff was planning to take only 1 CB but will now take 2 in case Carlton turns pro.

• Like 2

Info from a tOSU SECCountry style site

I spoke to Tutt briefly about his decision.

“I talk to [Buckeyes cornerbacks coach Kerry Coombs] every day,” Tutt said. “Him, [defensive coordinator Greg] Schiano and Coach Meyer.”

While the Ohio State staff has tried to stay in the game with the No. 25-ranked cornerback in 2018 per the 247Sports composite, the vibe I got from him is that he’ll choose the Tigers on Tuesday.

“Auburn has been there the whole time,” he added. “The situation they’re in right now, and the situation I’m in right now, it’s hard to say no to.”

From what I can gather, we're looking at Tutt (c'mon and join the fun!!), McMichael (a long shot), CD Daniel (Memphis commit), Jalynn Williams (Florida commit as a WR), possibly Derek Turner (seemed to be a target in the summer), and Keith Washington (at Co-Lin JUCO via Michigan).

@ellitor Does that about cover it?

Just now, mcgufcm said:

From what I can gather, we're looking at Tutt (c'mon and join the fun!!), McMichael (a long shot), CD Daniel (Memphis commit), Jalynn Williams (Florida commit as a WR), possibly Derek Turner (seemed to be a target in the summer), and Keith Washington (at Co-Lin JUCO via Michigan).

@ellitor Does that about cover it?

Other than McMichael I actually don't know who the 2nd corner would be yet & not sure CGB does yet either. He's still evaluating guys from what I have seen. AU is trying to get Vol commit Jaycee Horn on campus as well.

Yeah, McMichael is the only lock of that group. Seems like we'd take him any time he wanted to sign up. The rest are just guys I've seen mentioned at various times having real communication with our staff. I saw some quote from Daniels basically saying if Auburn offered it would be tough to turn down, which I take to mean he's in if we want him.

Like you said, it doesn't seem like we've made a call on who the second CB target is (other than McMichael).

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

4 safeties in a class is pretty good depth. The staff was planning to take only 1 CB but will now take 2 in case Carlton turns pro.

Carlton is getting a first round grade, I think he'll declare after the season. 

6 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Carlton is getting a first round grade, I think he'll declare after the season. 

If he spent another year under CGB, he would be the next Rogers

Just now, bigbird said:

If he spent another year under CGB, he would be the next Rogers

I agree if CGB actually sticks around another year.

Edited by ClaytonAU