2018 4* CB Christian Tutt Commits to AU!!!

War to the Eagle

Welcome aboard. A very solid DB class just got better. We are getting quality players some of who could be 1st year starters or provide depth. 

Glad to get Mr. Tutt War Eagle.

1 hour ago, Roos said:

I saw that about Fox on your recruiting update, but he seems small at 240 for a DT?

That's what Andrew Williams was. They expect Fox to fill out like AW.

24 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Curry committed to Western Carolina yesterday so he's out.

tenor.gif?itemid=4669709

If AU comes with an offer he be...

tenor.gif?itemid=5998492

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

tenor.gif?itemid=4669709

If AU comes with an offer he be...

tenor.gif?itemid=5998492

Well I thought AU already offered him

4 hours ago, around4ever said:

Since we have a history with royalty names, I guess he will become King Tutt. 

Won't start calling him that until he's locking down receivers.

7 hours ago, The Plainsman said:

Good get,. Would really enjoy seeing CB skill set however.  A lot of safety work in the highlight.  

I thought most of the video had him at safety as well.  Why is he projected at CB in college?

2 hours ago, lkeel75 said:

I thought most of the video had him at safety as well.  Why is he projected at CB in college?

Cause Steele & Brown sees a physical CB in him. Sites see him as a Nickel Back.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Well I thought AU already offered him

Even if we had it would still apply because it would be uncommittable at that point. No recruit is going to take WCU over a committable AU offer. WCU is the best committable offer he has right now so he secured a spot while waiting to see if teams like AU, Miss St, & Ole Miss will come through with a committable offer.

Cause Steele & Brown sees a physical CB in him. Sites see him as a Nickel Back.

Nickel back makes sense due to size. Might play that Tim Irvin role. 

8 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Nickel back makes sense due to size. Might play that Tim Irvin role. 

Tim Irvin couldn't play the Tim Irvin role. It ended up being the Rudy Ford role.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Even if we had it would still apply because it would be uncommittable at that point. No recruit is going to take WCU over a committable AU offer. WCU is the best committable offer he has right now so he secured a spot while waiting to see if teams like AU, Miss St, & Ole Miss will come through with a committable offer.

Re Curry:   Western Carolina is not Auburn of course but it is a  nice school....not that far from home and I'm betting he won't be riding the bench there.  Not a bad decision if he wants to actually "play" college football.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

Really hoping our secondary doesn’t take a huge step back next season when Tray, Stephen, and Carlton leave. 

Carlton's not gone yet and haven't seen anything yet that it's a forgone conclusion he goes.

With that said, losing 5 or 6 guys in a calendar year we honestly have to expect the secondary to take a big step back given how young they will be.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

Really hoping our secondary doesn’t take a huge step back next season when Tray, Stephen, and Carlton leave. 

It will be difficult not to. IMO, Trey will be the biggest loss on the team next year.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, bigbird said:

It will be difficult not to. IMO, Trey will be the biggest loss on the team next year.

Trey brings and attitude for sure but Roberts has been playing like a man on fire all year. Making plays in running and passing game all over the place. Been really pleased and surprised with his level of play

• Like 2

Tray is a straw stirring a very tasty drink. Secondary may take a step back, but if Jeff comes back, the DL should be better. They can paper over some issues in coverage. It’s going to be a crucial spring for Thomas, Peters, Monday, Sherwood, and anyone else playing Safety. 

• Like 2