Equestrian 2017

AlaskanFAN

Auburn also has a chance this afternoon to win 6 more national championships. There are four event titles up for grabs: Reining, Horsemanship, Equitation on the Flat, and Equitation over Fences. And there are two discipline titles: Hunt Seat and Western. Those two disciplines are comprised of the individual events. Both Equitation events make up the Hunt Seat Championship, and Horsemanship and Reining make up the Western discipline. 

Auburn is in good shape for both the Western and Hunt Seat titles since they’re guaranteed at least 7 points for finishing runner up in all four events. 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome! Congrats ladies! War Eagle! Can't hide the fact that I love it when we beat UGA!

1 minute ago, BhamCAT said:

if it goes total points, then we just won Fences

Yes, yes we did,

National Title #4 for our Lady Tigers over OK State in Fences based off points since it was a 2-2 tie, AU 677 -OK ST. 658.

EE867187-FA8B-4CE7-BC2A-5ECF16CE9CCB.png

Well in the last event we had a rider DQ’d, so we ended up in a 2-2 tie and had to go to points and lost by 152 points. What sucks is the rider who got DQ’d, her score was 154, so we would have won. 

BUT our ladies won 5 NATIONAL TITLES today. 

WAR FREAKING DAM EAGLE ?!!!!

5 out of 7 and basically a DQ and .5 away from a sweep.  Just incredible! Glad we have reclaimed the sport. 

Another awesome performance by our tiger riders.

Does anyone know if the Auburn athletic department provides funding for this team? NCAA does not recognize Equestrian championships, although it does recognize equestrian teams.

I'm curious whether we can designate donations to Auburn be directed to Equestrian. ??

1 hour ago, AURex said:

Another awesome performance by our tiger riders.

Does anyone know if the Auburn athletic department provides funding for this team? NCAA does not recognize Equestrian championships, although it does recognize equestrian teams.

I'm curious whether we can designate donations to Auburn be directed to Equestrian. ??

Several years ago Pat Dye donated a bunch of money to get the Equestrian team started.

Not sure of exactly what the details are, but I do know a donor to AU can designate that a donation goes to where ever the donor chooses.

The Dept. of Animal Sciences houses the competition horses at their research unit on Wire Road, a place where I held a part-time job when a student in Animal Science, many years ago.

Archived