Norfolk State- Season Opener

tigerbrotha12

Auburn holds to end the half. Tigers up 16 at the break, 49-23. 

Bryce Brown becomes first Auburn player since Chris Denson in 2013 to score 20+ points in a half. 

Brown with TWENTY THREE first half points

Under 11 to go and Tigers have pretty well put this one away. 78-45 AU. Brown has spread the ball out a little more in half number 2 and only has 25 now. Impressive second half defensively thus far by AU. Believe NFSU was picked by some to win their conference this year so don't underestimate this win (long as a lead this big holds). Since I've been writing, AU increases lead to 85-46 and Brown scores another layup. 

Looks like the concerns about the Barry game were premature....much different team tonight.

I did not see the Barry game. But after the Soccer game I went over to the Basketball game. Now I am no coach but, Bryce Brown carried the team in the first half and the rest were a little sloppy. Now in the second half that changed, the team tightened up, took charge of the paint offfensivly and defensively. Don’t count the last 10 minutes of the blow out, NFSU on had 9 players total and 2 of those never played, so fatigue played a factor towards the end most definitely!

48 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

Anybody there to see the reception by the crowd for Bruce when team was announced?  Curious if it was a louder ovation than usual

I hope so. He's been dealing with a lot.

1 hour ago, mustache eagle said:

Anybody there to see the reception by the crowd for Bruce when team was announced?  Curious if it was a louder ovation than usual

It wasn’t different than I’ve heard in the past. A fair amount of “Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuce” and clapping. Crowd was pretty subdued all night. 

Winning with improvement can fix a lot of those issues. 

On 11/11/2017 at 10:52 AM, mustache eagle said:

It was not louder but more respectful. Lots of clapping when he first walked onto the floor and some Bruuuce chants .

5 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

It was not louder but more respectful. Lots of clapping when he first walked onto the floor and some Bruuuce chants .

Awkward.....tough on everyone with latest news being what it has been. 

Archived