FINAL: Auburn 40 Georgia 17

RunInRed

1 minute ago, Randman5000 said:

What was up with the pooch kicks? Was it windy or what. Very strange. Our special teams gave me a heart attack

It was a smart adjustment to offset their return game.  Coaching was really good there.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, War Knight said:

As someone who had called for Gus' head

Is his job still in danger?

If he lets down for uat it will be. This makes up a little for his mistakes at Clemson and LSU but he is still

behind the eightball. He has to make the SECCG as far as I’m concerned. I will give him credit for tonight but I also hold him responsible for the losses also. It’s all about you record as a whole. But tonight I’m happy.

15 minutes ago, bigbird said:

A dominant performance on both sides. Steele and Chip were obviously in total control. Great job by Gus to manage the game. He looked like a HC for the first time in a long time. Great win for the players, coaches, and fans!.

Totally agree!!

wde

4 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

It was a smart adjustment to offset their return game.  Coaching was really good there.

I agree but we need to get it fixed . Teams were just taking TBs up till a few weeks ago now they are returning them 5 yard deep in the end zone. Somebody sees a flaw in our kickoff coverage.

Just now, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I agree but we need to get it fixed . Teams were just taking TBs up till a few weeks ago now they are returning them 5 yard deep in the end zone. Somebody sees a flaw in our kickoff coverage.

Agreed.  I'd just as soon kick it out of the end zone.  Carlson saying on post-game right now though that wind was a factor tonight.

1 minute ago, WFE12 said:

This might be my favorite thing I've seen tonight. I hope he's doing well.

Side note: if tonight's Auburn team plays tonight's Alabama we have another W to add.

Don't recall any comments during the game chat but did anyone else get the idea that maybe Kirby was calling the offense for his team.  

Folks talk about Gus and conservative but UGA had no flair whatsoever.  Some of the Gus critics would have gone bananas with that game plan.    I had seen them play a few other games this year and they basically lived off of their OL and two RBs.....which works against Vandy or Mizz or such....but against real defenses....not gonna work for much..   

This was a 2014 LSU type dominating performance but we are peaking at the right time and against the friggin #1 team in the nation

Gus is starting to showhe can take steps into the right direction... Let's goooo

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

Agreed.  I'd just as soon kick it out of the end zone.  Carlson saying on post-game right now though that wind was a factor tonight.

Maybe but they got a couple of TBs on us. But again my problem is when they come out from 5 yards deep in the end zone. 

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

Don't recall any comments during the game chat but did anyone else get the idea that maybe Kirby was calling the offense for his team.  

Folks talk about Gus and conservative but UGA had no flair whatsoever.  Some of the Gus critics would have gone bananas with that game plan.    I had seen them play a few other games this year and they basically lived off of their OL and two RBs.....which works against Vandy or Mizz or such....but against real defenses....not gonna work for much..   

I think they have had so much success with their RBs they felt like they could win without being fancy. Our defense is tough. ?

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Not surprised but sometimes you do the smart thing , not the macho thing.....and those pooches were pretty precise and did not offer a chance for a runback.  Good change of strategy and mostly took their return guy out of the game. 

Fix the return game if you can...but no reason to do dumb stuff just to prove you are tough. 

My dad always told me the wounded animal is the most dangerous and so it was tonight. In the run up to this game, all we heard was that Gus was in trouble and Auburn was limited on offense. I hate that they lost that LSU game because that lit a fire under them.

- Post from dawgnation.

LOL

Just now, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I think they have had so much success with their RBs they felt like they could win without being fancy. Our defense is tough. ?

The Saban philosophy which is fine when it works....but even when AU was shutting them down they were still running off tackle on 2nd and long.  Seems that at some point they would have gotten the message.....kinda like our experience in Baton Rouge.   

16 minutes ago, War Knight said:

As someone who had called for Gus' head

Is his job still in danger?

I think he's good. Too much turmoil upstairs either way. Plus the money. Also- half the conference is on the carousel. Locked in.

16 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Where are we going?

we love to focus on his losses but he crushed a decent team last week in A&M.    Let’s enjoy!    

Archived