FINAL: Auburn 40 Georgia 17

RunInRed

19 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

It will be very tough to beat them twice. Remember LSU and bammer? 

Remember Tennessee in 2004 and South Carolina in 2010?

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Don't recall any comments during the game chat but did anyone else get the idea that maybe Kirby was calling the offense for his team.  

Folks talk about Gus and conservative but UGA had no flair whatsoever.  Some of the Gus critics would have gone bananas with that game plan.    I had seen them play a few other games this year and they basically lived off of their OL and two RBs.....which works against Vandy or Mizz or such....but against real defenses....not gonna work for much..   

You keep on and on with the I-told-you-so's. We should've won the games these members have complained about. We drop 2 games, people complain, then for the other 9 games you're just rubbing it in? You're the one looking unhappy tonight.

2 minutes ago, lala said:

we love to focus on his losses but he crushed a decent team last week in A&M.    Let’s enjoy!    

Who's not enjoying it?  I'm loving it!

38 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

Makes me feel dirty and creepy 

Because it is. Just can't ever pull for them.

I can't even remember the last time we rared back and upset somebody like this when it wasn't a Cam Newton or Marshal/Mason team. Won this one playing big-boy ball. Freakin awesome.

I think I also love that Kirby was right....the atmosphere has NOTHING to do with the game...  :Sing::ucrazy::hellyeah:

1 minute ago, WarTiger said:

Remember Tennessee in 2004 and South Carolina in 2010?

I barely remember that 2004 game but IIRC we had battle tested talent just a step better that TN. USCe wasn't a scary good team and they didn't have the hate that fuels GA. I had no doubt that Cam and Co. would win that 2nd game in 2010. UGA will be tougher the second time around because they will have a mean fire in their gut.

3 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

You keep on and on with the I-told-you-so's. We should've won the games these members have complained about. We drop 2 games, people complain, then for the other 9 games you're just rubbing it in? You're the one looking unhappy tonight.

Not at all....but the idea that KS was some kind of NS-B was kind of exposed.  .And of course those comments on other places in this forum about we could have / should have hired KS ....and I'm happy to see the KS mystique take a hit.   Won't hurt us in recruiting for HS players to see what kind of offense UGa has to offer. 

Also heard a number of times this past week in various media that bama and Georgia had separated themselves from the rest of the conference....and nice to see debunked.      

41 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I really feel like Gus may have turned the corner. He looked like he was letting Chip call them. The first drive after half you could see he had no desire to take his foot off the gas. Guys played with heart all night. KJ is outstanding. I’m watching MSU move the football on uat . 14-14 2 NS quarter. MSU stadium is nothing compared to AU. I think if these guys play like they did tonight they can spank uat and Little nick. WDE

I think I finally may have proof Gus doesn't call the plays....  his reaction after the late MW pass  lol .  I don't think he wanted to do that,  but I loved it ;)

7 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

I barely remember that 2004 game but IIRC we had battle tested talent just a step better that TN. USCe wasn't a scary good team and they didn't have the hate that fuels GA. I had no doubt that Cam and Co. would win that 2nd game in 2010. UGA will be tougher the second time around because they will have a mean fire in their gut.

USCe played us pretty tough in the first game. I didn't expect us to dominate the way we did in that SECCG. That was another FUN game, where everything went our way (e.g. the Hail Mary to end the 1st half), and pick-6 thrown directly to T'Sharvan Bell. 

1 minute ago, GoAU said:

I think I finally may have proof Gus doesn't call the plays....  his reaction after the late MW pass  lol .  I don't think he wanted to do that,  but I loved it ;)

It had to happen. Screw them.

1 minute ago, yngwie1995 said:

USCe played us pretty tough in the first game. I didn't expect us to dominate the way we did in that SECCG. That was another FUN game, where everything went our way (e.g. the Hail Mary to end the 1st half).

I knew we were blowing them out that day.  People forget that they lost, at home, to Arkansas by 21 about two weeks earlier.  When the PA announcer said "Starting at QB for South Carolina, Stephen Garcia", I literally stood up in the middle of a bunch of USCe fans and started cheering.  When asked why, I said "Because that means we win".

58 minutes ago, AUJedi said:

I really think we need Bama and UGA only losses be to us. DANG IT!! I'm sick of having to pull for Bama! It's just not natural 

I agree. It is so frustrating to pull for them to lose all year and they win big in almost every game, then the one game they really struggle and we can't enjoy it because now we need them to win. I can live with it if it keeps our playoff hopes alive, though.

48 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

It will be very tough to beat them twice. Remember LSU and bammer? 

If we do, we may have to play bama again in the playoff... pow mind blowing. Let’s just go one game at a time

56 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

It was a smart adjustment to offset their return game.  Coaching was really good there.

Or just kick it through the freaking endzone.

12 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

If we do, we may have to play bama again in the playoff... pow mind blowing. Let’s just go one game at a time

Yep. It's not getting any easier from here on. Well, we do have Mercer

21 minutes ago, GoAU said:

On the following play, as CBS was zoomed in on Gus, I swear I saw him mouth the words "don't. throw. It." Anybody else see it?  

2 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Yep. It's not getting any easier from here on. Well, we do have Mercer

No we played them they were tuff. We got la Monroe. Which has been known to be scrappy.. in the past

3 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Or just kick it through the freaking endzone.

Well....that did not seem to be an available option.    Pooch was a good call rather than be hard-headed about giving that kid more chances to beat us.   . 

Last night our local HS was in first round of playoffs and a little speed demon burned us three times with long kick off and punt returns in the first half....and gave them a couple TD lead.  Middle of 2nd quarter the coach started doing the pooch kicks and thereafter never gave the guy a chance to beat him....turned the entire game around...kind of a preview of the game today.  

2 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

No we played them they were tuff. We got la Monroe. Which has been known to be scrappy.. in the past

Hahaha. Yeah I meant La Monroe. 

Mercer has bama

Archived