Just a Reminder....

Brad_ATX

We sometimes go into this game with our season wrapped up already, with no expectations whatsoever. FINALLY- a meaningful Iron Bowl. We're not wounded. We haven't given up hope. And we have a  very real chance. Win or lose, this one is going to be crazy!

9 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

We sometimes go into this game with our season wrapped up already, with no expectations whatsoever. FINALLY- a meaningful Iron Bowl. We're not wounded. We haven't given up hope. And we have a  very real chance. Win or lose, this one is going to be crazy!

We are wounded with Pettway out..would like him to be able to play so we preserve KJ but still I feel great moving forward.

Just now, WFE12 said:

We are wounded with Pettway out..would like him to be able to play so we preserve KJ but still I feel great moving forward.

Your right. wounded was code speak for "Jeremy J"

2 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Speaking of that, what's the chance we get him back before the Iron Bowl?

1 minute ago, Timeslider 6 said:

Speaking of that, what's the chance we get him back before the Iron Bowl?

I really don't know...wish there was some kind of LEGAL drug to give him to accelerate the healing.

15 minutes ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

CBS graphic tonight said "Out for regular season"

Something tells me he will be available for the iron bowl. We need him 

“Fractured scapula”=out for many weeks.

”small fracture off the tip of the acromion at the AC joint?” Well...he could be back for Bama. The AC joint is technically still part of the scapula...just sayin’

see the importance of details?

I think most realistically is a return by the SEC championship if/when we beat Bama.

On 11/12/2017 at 2:56 AM, passthebiscuits said:

“Fractured scapula”=out for many weeks.

”small fracture off the tip of the acromion at the AC joint?” Well...he could be back for Bama. The AC joint is technically still part of the scapula...just sayin’

see the importance of details?

I think most realistically is a return by the SEC championship if/when we beat Bama.

My gosh....if he is to return for the sec championship and we're in it....boy!!!! If that Bubba is the Bubba we know and love that shows no mercy I have no doubt that we win that game.

It’d be nice to KP back in just so Gus doesn’t run KJ to death. Although I like how he at least attempted to get the guy some extended breaks. Showed progression. 

On topic, this is probably the first time I’ve felt we’re a legitimately better team than UA in around 7 years I’d say. Like no luck no kicks, just an outright better team. Might be partially because of the 19 LBs they got out, but I watched A&M and Miss St both clamp that offense aside from a busted long run early and awful play calling wearing out MSU late. And on the same hand, MSU and A&M both were able to exploit that defense with tempo and misdirection. MSU ANNIHILATED that defense on the ground once they got rolling. This team without the LBs just looks fragile. And the kicking game is still pathetic. I love Hurts clutch capability (he’d be incredible in this system) but before MSU’s secondary just gave out, MSU’s DL corralled him for 3 1/2 quarters. If we improve that game plan from Clemson vs KB, we can hold UA to like 18 points max

Some additional historical relevance to the current situation: 8 of the last 10 times we've beaten Georgia, we've followed it up with a win over Alabama.

4 hours ago, caleb1633 said:

Some additional historical relevance to the current situation: 8 of the last 10 times we've beaten Georgia, we've followed it up with a win over Alabama.

It's been since 2001 that we beat thUGA and not beat bammer too.  I feel cautiously optimistic

1 hour ago, AuGrad2004 said:

It's been since 2001 that we beat thUGA and not beat bammer too.  I feel cautiously optimistic

I was in the student section for that IB. Talk about a hot turd swirling the bowl...

On 11/11/2017 at 8:19 PM, WFE12 said:

I really don't know...wish there was some kind of LEGAL drug to give him to accelerate the healing.

If there were any drug regardless of legality to help you know Scott Cochran would have the market cornered and bama wouldn't have everyone hurt.

2001, 1999, 1990, 1985, 1984, 1979, 1977= we beat Georgia but lost to Alabama

2007, 2006, 2003, 2002, 1986, 1982 = we lost to Georgia but beat Alabama

8 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

It’d be nice to KP back in just so Gus doesn’t run KJ to death. Although I like how he at least attempted to get the guy some extended breaks. Showed progression. 

On topic, this is probably the first time I’ve felt we’re a legitimately better team than UA in around 7 years I’d say. Like no luck no kicks, just an outright better team. Might be partially because of the 19 LBs they got out, but I watched A&M and Miss St both clamp that offense aside from a busted long run early and awful play calling wearing out MSU late. And on the same hand, MSU and A&M both were able to exploit that defense with tempo and misdirection. MSU ANNIHILATED that defense on the ground once they got rolling. This team without the LBs just looks fragile. And the kicking game is still pathetic. I love Hurts clutch capability (he’d be incredible in this system) but before MSU’s secondary just gave out, MSU’s DL corralled him for 3 1/2 quarters. If we improve that game plan from Clemson vs KB, we can hold UA to like 18 points max

I'm glad you are so confident friend. I'm a little more cautious. We handled a one dimensional GA very well, but Alabama is going to be a much different animal. They are better on the offensive line than GA, and equal, or better at running back. The real factor though is Hurts, and that WR, who I can never remember his name. If we can keep Hurts from beating us with his legs, and the WR from getting cheap yards on big plays, we should have a good chance. We need to play a near perfect game. No turnovers, no special teams gaffs, and Chip needs to have a great plan again to keep us out of third, and long, and keep Bama's defense off balance. Do all that , and I like our chances. 

9 hours ago, Eagle-1 said:

I'm glad you are so confident friend. I'm a little more cautious. We handled a one dimensional GA very well, but Alabama is going to be a much different animal. They are better on the offensive line than GA, and equal, or better at running back. The real factor though is Hurts, and that WR, who I can never remember his name. If we can keep Hurts from beating us with his legs, and the WR from getting cheap yards on big plays, we should have a good chance. We need to play a near perfect game. No turnovers, no special teams gaffs, and Chip needs to have a great plan again to keep us out of third, and long, and keep Bama's defense off balance. Do all that , and I like our chances. 

Alabama is a substantially better team offensively, but they've severely underperformed against good teams this year. LSU, MSU, TAMU, they've looked QUITE weak. 

5 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Alabama is a substantially better team offensively, but they've severely underperformed against good teams this year. LSU, MSU, TAMU, they've looked QUITE weak. 

I agree they have not look like world-beaters that's for sure, but Hurts scares the heck out of me. 

So we can pretty much say that uga has better rbs than uat correct? If we can stop uga's we can stop uat's. What about o-line?...They do have one guy injured for a few weeks...Which team has the better wr core? Just trying to measure up both teams. I'm feeling really confident right now. Hurts and Ridley are all I can think of right now that will give us mad trouble. Haven't watched too much of the turds.

15 hours ago, AUwent said:

2001, 1999, 1990, 1985, 1984, 1979, 1977= we beat Georgia but lost to Alabama

2007, 2006, 2003, 2002, 1986, 1982 = we lost to Georgia but beat Alabama

And?

1 hour ago, WFE12 said:

So we can pretty much say that uga has better rbs than uat correct? If we can stop uga's we can stop uat's. What about o-line?...They do have one guy injured for a few weeks...Which team has the better wr core? Just trying to measure up both teams. I'm feeling really confident right now. Hurts and Ridley are all I can think of right now that will give us mad trouble. Haven't watched too much of the turds.

Their O-Line seemed suspect vs. MSU, especially in pass protection. Their RBs are solid, but run defense has been one of our strongest points. IMO the deciding factor will be Hurts' scrambling, and Calvin Ridley's ability to make plays. If we take away those aspects, I think we win.

On 11/11/2017 at 7:20 PM, Brad_ATX said:

Nick Saban has never beaten a 9 win or better Auburn team.  Assuming a win next week, we'll be 9-2 heading into the Iron Bowl.  WDE

That’s not all uat has only beaten a 9 win AU 3 Times in all its history. Last time uat beat a 9 win AU team was I think 1971.

13 hours ago, caleb1633 said:

Their O-Line seemed suspect vs. MSU, especially in pass protection. Their RBs are solid, but run defense has been one of our strongest points. IMO the deciding factor will be Hurts' scrambling, and Calvin Ridley's ability to make plays. If we take away those aspects, I think we win.

I agree with most of what is being said. However UGA had 2 or 3 plays where our DB was severely beaten but the UGA QB was under duress and was not able to get them the ball. UAT does have blazing speed at WR and Hurts is light years ahead of Fromm.  I believe we can win the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball but they have the ability to score on any AU miscue. Although injured and less then full speed, they are still very much dangerous. But if we ever was going to win, then this is our year. We finally have a QB who is improving each game and already is showing some elite promise. Much like Cam but in a different way. We are also deep on the Dline. Coaching and execution will again make the difference. We have the players.

Archived