Jeff Holland / The Beast

War Knight

Just remember this badass is most def going to be a high NFL Draft pick in the coming months so lets enjoy him for the next 3 (hopefully 4 or more) games he has left in orange and blue!!! He has earned himself a lot of money this year!!! WOOO!!! WDE JEFF HOLLAND!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

Dee Ford is hands down the best DE I've seen play @ AU.

You should have been around to watch Gerald Robinson, Aundray Bruce, Brian Smith and the gang in the 80s. Nasty....

In the Georgia game he basically took their TE out of the passing attack after realizing their OT could not block him they basically kept TE in to help with Holland. That speaks volumes to how good he is. The part that is not mentioned that much is how strong he is against the run. Unlike many pass rushers he is a very complete player in doing both pass rushing and run stopping well.

23 minutes ago, fredst said:

You should have been around to watch Gerald Robinson, Aundray Bruce, Brian Smith and the gang in the 80s. Nasty....

They were incredible and add Ron Stallworth.  Bruce was a 1 pick.    Back in the 80’s our D-line was dominant and this team played just like it.   

My man crush, and I take nothing away from him, but Jeff is also benefitting from a complete defense around him. Derrick Brown was the player of the game for me on defense last night. He absolutely wrecked everything between the tackles for UGA last night. That creates a lot of opportunities for other guys. So does decent coverage down field. 

But yeah, I made some bold predictions for Holland and he's exceeding expectations. He very well could grab our sack record this year.

2 hours ago, fredst said:

You got to throw in their Stallworth and Kevin Greene, and ofc Tracey Rocker.

1 hour ago, steeleagle said:

You got to throw in their Stallworth and Kevin Greene, and ofc Tracey Rocker.

Agree, I was just mentioning the DEs. Our D-line was consistently more physical than just about everyone in that stretch. Went into every game knowing that we might not win them all but we were not going to get pushed around.

15 hours ago, bigbird said:

Pressure without finishing just opens up wide open rush lanes to escap

no one missed sacks, or opened lanes, like lawson, sad to say

Fairley was on another level. He was literally unblockable. Holland has been way more productive than Carl. Carl was quicker IMO but Holland is a much better finisher. 

11 minutes ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

I was. Dee Ford is the best DE I've seen play for Auburn.

Agree to disagree then. Dee was good but not the best I’ve seen at AU. Just my opinion, always fun to have these debates

3 minutes ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

Who is your best DE?

No one stands head and shoulders above like Rocker at DT (he was great from true freshman throughout his career). I think Quentin Groves, Antonio Coleman, and Reggie Torbor were all as good at AU as Ford, Gerald Robinson maybe the best. Love Dee though, the way he represented AU and made himself a great player after being very lightly recruited.

5 minutes ago, fredst said:

No one stands head and shoulders above like Rocker at DT (he was great from true freshman throughout his career). I think Quentin Groves, Antonio Coleman, and Reggie Torbor were all as good at AU as Ford, Gerald Robinson maybe the best. Love Dee though, the way he represented AU and made himself a great player after being very lightly recruited.

Best DE, not DT.

The ones you named were all good, but none as consistent as Ford. Only in one game he did not have a sack or TFL in 2013. He showed up in big games. Namely against A&M, Georgia and FSU.

Most forget, he missed the first 2 games of 2013 and still finished the season as the all-time program leader in sacks.

9 hours ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

Best DE, not DT.

The ones you named were all good, but none as consistent as Ford. Only in one game he did not have a sack or TFL in 2013. He showed up in big games. Namely against A&M, Georgia and FSU.

Most forget, he missed the first 2 games of 2013 and still finished the season as the all-time program leader in sacks.

I used Rocker as an example of the true standout amongst the crowd- I know that he was a DT and we are talking about DE. If you're talking about one season I agree that you can argue that Ford had the best single season of any DE. Over the course of an entire career I think there are several that are all about equal. We don't have a Derrick Thomas in our history. Heck, at times Stanley McClover was as good as anyone we've had and for one season nobody was as good as Aundray Bruce. I think Dee was a fabulous player and great representative for Auburn.

Dee Ford was the clutchest DE I've seen at AU. Need a big defensive play in a big moment? Dee Ford is your Nick Marshall on defense. His clutch plays make you forget how he was a problem throughout the game.

Lawson was a very good player for us. While there were some plays that left you mad that he didn't finish them, he was an unquestioned leader of our defense and team.

Now, while I know some will misunderstand me, Jeff Holland while is not as dominant as Nick Fairley, wrecks games for our opponents in a Nick Fairley manner. As @McLoofus said he has a ton of help around him and Fairley was essentially a 1 man show. But Holland is a threat to hit your QB every time you drop back and I love it.

THANK YOU MUSCHAMP and hey at least we got AA production out of one of the 2 recruiting wins that day in Holland/Cowart. I'll take that all day.

I won't get in to the debate as to who is best, I'll just say Holland is playing as good or better than anyone I've seen play at DE or buck LB. He is a BEAST.

Quentin Groves (see my profile pic) was one of my favorites. Still annoyed he didn't get that last sack (or half sack) he needed to take the Auburn sack record. lol

4 minutes ago, Linayus said:

Quentin Groves (see my profile pic) was one of my favorites. Still annoyed he didn't get that last sack (or half sack) he needed to take the Auburn sack record. lol

Quentin leading the band in Reverse Rammer Jammer after the 2007 game makes him one of my all-time faves whether he was a great player or not, lol

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

Jeff Holland while is not as dominant as Nick Fairley, wrecks games for our opponents in a Nick Fairley manner.

The only plays Holland wrecks are passing plays. Fairley wrecked all plays. 

Not many poeple mentioning Q. Groves or C. Lemonier... both of those guys were awesome.

That being said... Nick was easily the best single season performance we've had by a DL.... and if Holland gets what? 3 more sacks? He'll be tied with Fairleys number.

8 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

Nick was easily the best single season performance we've had by a DL.... and if Holland gets what? 3 more sacks? He'll be tied with Fairleys number.

Needs 1.5 more to tie Ford. Needs 2.5 more to tie Fairley. 

1 hour ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

Needs 1.5 more to tie Ford. Needs 2.5 more to tie Fairley. 

So this weekend he takes his place among the elite. lol

God, I hope I didn't just jinx him. >.<

5 hours ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

That's what I've been referring to. 

Ok, I was referring to guys that had multiple solid years. Agree that Dee’s 2013 was special ??

Archived