Georgia Game Report Card

StatTiger

I posted earlier that it was the best game AU has played since 2013.  Heck, after thinking about it, I think todays game was the best game AU has played in Gus' entire time as HC including 2013.

wde

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

I posted earlier that it was the best game AU has played since 2013.  Heck, after thinking about it, I think todays game was the best game AU has played in Gus' entire time as HC including 2013.

wde

Considering the caliber of opponent, it may be the best game I've EVER seen Auburn play!

• Like 2

• RunInRed pinned and featured this topic

It was the best "run-defense" performance by an Auburn defense over the past fifty years as the Tigers held UGA to nearly 84% below their rushing average. 

Wow.  That's incredible.  Thanks Stat

4 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

wde

.Yep.  Best combination of defense and offense in many years.

46 rushing yards for UGA. Just unbelievable. I stated earlier I havn't seen an AU D-line dominate a game like this since the Sack Brodie game. Garner must be on cloud nine tonight.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

wde

Good point. Obviously 2013 had some dramatic finishes, but as far as 'best game' from an analytical standpoint, this must be it. 2014 LSU was another big one, and the 2013 Tennessee game is a sentimental favorite for me, but yeah this was probably Gus's finest achievement.

Best game on both sides since 2004. Some could argue 2010, but our secondary was pretty weak. Some may argue 2013, but our defense was purous at best. This was just a beat down. Something I haven't seen in the UGA-AU rivalry since  1993. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, doug3020 said:

Best game on both sides since 2004. Some could argue 2010, but our secondary was pretty weak. Some may argue 2013, but our defense was purous at best. This was just a beat down. Something I haven't seen in the UGA-AU rivalry since  1993. 

You forget about the 1999 game? Beat them down at Athens, hard. 

Auburn under Gus Malzahn is now 7-3 against ranked opponents, when the Tigers are ranked in the top-10. 

This can't be the same Gus Malzahn that gets bashed on here everyday.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

11 minutes ago, wallaka said:

You forget about the 1999 game? Beat them down at Athens, hard. 

I was there. It was a fun one but the dawgs weren't that great if I recall. Nonetheless, today was fantastic. 

14 minutes ago, doug3020 said:

I was there. It was a fun one but the dawgs weren't that great if I recall. Nonetheless, today was fantastic. 

Exactly. Against a number 1 team in the country, or even top 5, this has to be the most dominant performance in Auburn football history. I'd be interested to see Stat's take on it after he has a few more days to gather all the data.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, caleb1633 said:

Exactly. Against a number 1 team in the country, or even top 5, this has to be the most dominant performance in Auburn football history. I'd be interested to see Stat's take on it after he has a few more days to gather all the data.

I think 1999 just shocked everyone bc we weren't good. I haven't looked it up but I think we lost to Ole Miss in OT and completely shat the bed against MSU at home. I'm getting older so I may be wrong, but didn't we take a safety on purpose and then give up a TD to lose? All this occurred late in the 4th qtr....

9 hours ago, StatTiger said:

We heard how Auburn made the mistake of hiring Gus Malzahn over Kirby Smart in 2012 and how the Bulldogs would make the Auburn faithful regret that decision.

Experts everywhere when it come to football

Didn’t realize this:  Auburn under Gus Malzahn is now 7-3 against ranked opponents, when the Tigers are ranked in the top-10.

Very impressive!

• Like 1

Absolutely loved watching this one. The obvious weakness in this team is discussed in another post about Carlson, our kick/punt coverage. UGA ran everything out, even kicks that normally would get a kneel-down in the end zone.

Edited by FormerlySec38Row34

17 hours ago, AUMASTERS said:

Auburn under Gus Malzahn is now 7-3 against ranked opponents, when the Tigers are ranked in the top-10. 

This can't be the same Gus Malzahn that gets bashed on here everyday.

Yes. Same coach. Slightly over .500 against top 25 in his greatest seasons. Everybody is amped about last night and the next 2 weeks. The coach-bashing has been warranted, until now. The board-bashing is not.

• Facepalm 3

19 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

Yes. Same coach. Slightly over .500 against top 25 in his greatest seasons. Everybody is amped about last night and the next 2 weeks. The coach-bashing has been warranted, until now. The board-bashing is not.

Some coach bashing has been warranted, some not so much. Some board bashing is warranted. 

• Like 1

After watching the awesome beat down Tigers placed on uga, I think the Tigers earned an A+ on offense, defense special teams and even the coaching staff. It was just a great win all the way around.

22 hours ago, StatTiger said:

Is that impressive?  

Statistically speaking, what would be the expected outcome of a random Top 10 team playing ten random Top 25 teams over 5 years?  8-2?