end the hot seat talk

aubiefifty

36 minutes ago, DAG said:

Arkansas . Logic is not with them at the moment or ever tbh. I mean there are people that are convinced that even if he goes to the playoffs he has been given a timeline of when to give their boosters a yay or nay. Think about that? A guy who potentially can have a playoff birth leaving to go to Arkansas.

yeah i could see it happening.  really, i could.. but i agree it's absolutely insane. 

I mean aufamily leads off with this on their twitter... jay's gone, gus isn't really being shown much love.. i wouldn't be shocked. 

Screen Shot 2017-11-12 at 8.11.41 AM.png

and if he did go to Arkansas, i betcha he'd have us by the scrotum for years. 

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, auskull said:

Do you lose the LSU game if timely adjustments are made to help the running game? Just curious.

You win the LSU game if special teams doesn't give up a TD on a punt return.

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

If the refs call the 2 block in the backs on the punt return you mean...

37 minutes ago, DAG said:

Arkansas . Logic is not with them at the moment or ever tbh. I mean there are people that are convinced that even if he goes to the playoffs he has been given a timeline of when to give their boosters a yay or nay. Think about that? A guy who potentially can have a playoff birth leaving to go to Arkansas.

Arkansas boosters can wish in one hand, poop in the other and see which hand fills first. There are probably 50 teams out there that would like to have Gus and my daughter would like to have a Corvette. Both are unlikely, to say the least.

nobody does crazy like Auburn

I really wish Auburn fans would quit clicking on al.com and stop listening to Finebaum!  Y’all just won’t stop...why?

4 hours ago, REInvestingTiger said:

It was ONE win...and a nice one at that!  We now have a record of approximately 3 - 11 against ranked opponents. Yay!

Let's keep perspective here. Is the article really saying one really good win every five years is good enough?  Have our standards dropped that much since CGM has been here?  We want to continue with CGM because BOTH the offense and defense actually played well in the same game?  

If we look at the offensive play calling...does anyone here really believe CGM called those plays?  If not, what value is CGM bringing?  I can see the value of our DC, and possibly our OC.  I, for one, actually believe the more CGM is involved, the less likely our chances of a good showing.  Glad we won...still off the Gus bus...

What does it take to please you people

1 minute ago, AU-24 said:

I really wish Auburn fans would quit clicking on al.com and stop listening to Finebaum!  Y’all just won’t stop...why?

Who listened to Finebaum. I don't think one person cited finebaum

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Who listened to Finebaum. I don't think one person cited finebaum

You know the op is one of the worst here. 

So who was calling the plays for the first three drives when we had to settle for FG’s? I suppose that was Gus. 

But the TD drives were not Gus?

8 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Arkansas boosters can wish in one hand, poop in the other and see which hand fills first. There are probably 50 teams out there that would like to have Gus and my daughter would like to have a Corvette. Both are unlikely, to say the least.

malzahn has much much deeper roots in that state.  I think he would choose Arkansas over a lot of programs had he not been at Auburn.. i still wouldn't be shocked to see him go to arkansas. 

Just now, EagleReedle said:

malzahn has much much deeper roots in that state.  I think he would choose Arkansas over a lot of programs had he not been at Auburn.. i still wouldn't be shocked to see him go to arkansas. 

Either way. I am glad he finds his mojo. Just deliver us a championship is all I am worried about.

4 hours ago, REInvestingTiger said:

It was ONE win...and a nice one at that!  We now have a record of approximately 3 - 11 against ranked opponents. Yay!

What planet are you living on? From StatTiger's current game report card: " Auburn under Gus Malzahn is now 7-3 against ranked opponents, when the Tigers are ranked in the top-10."

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

what value does he bring?

His players fight for him every game. He inspires them to play hard every game. Coordinators game plan and call plays. HCs influence scheme, inspire players and coaches, create a culture of winning, and motivate towards excellence. Gus' main value, IMO, is how he inspires his teams to always fight for him. They love playing for him. 

X 1000 likes

Ive been a very outspoken critic of CGM. With that said, his players have played hard every snap regardless of the idiotic play calling at times. If he allows the OC to gameplan and call plays the rest of the way out, then I believe he has many more years left on the Plains. 

8 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

So who was calling the plays for the first three drives when we had to settle for FG’s? I suppose that was Gus. 

But the TD drives were not Gus?

Nope. Chip called plays, Gus added some wrinkles. Most if not all have saluted Gus for doing what he should’ve done earlier in the season. Time for you to move on sweetheart.

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

what value does he bring?

His players fight for him every game. He inspires them to play hard every game. Coordinators game plan and call plays. HCs influence scheme, inspire players and coaches, create a culture of winning, and motivate towards excellence. Gus' main value, IMO, is how he inspires his teams to always fight for him. They love playing for him. 

I agree 110% with you on this one bird.  I got off of the Gus bus after the Lsu game, but have managed to get a seat in the front of the bus for the time being. I hope Gus will do his part and keep me and others on the bus. I want this team to win so bad and the coaching staff to prepare this team to compete and win against anyone in college football.

1 hour ago, ClaytonAU said:

Nope. Chip called plays, Gus added some wrinkles. Most if not all have saluted Gus for doing what he should’ve done earlier in the season. Time for you to move on sweetheart.

Was it the wrinkles Gus added that lead to the three straight FG’s?

I mean we already know Gus called all the plays versus Clemson, and he called all the plays in the second half versus LSU. So, I’m wondering after starting the game with three straight FG drives, did Gus then turn the play calling back over to Chip?

5 hours ago, REInvestingTiger said:

Bigbird, is your opinion that Auburn has gotten a good value from the product CGM has put out on the field the last couple of years? I don't.

I thought I recall conversations just last year about CGM losing the team, I may be wrong...but I think I recall it. 

Yep. there were conversations last year. This year too. It's just that none of them were right.

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

No....you win the LSU game if you do something other than run the ball on first down 17 times in a row. It is that kind of crap that warrants a change. Gus is recruiting good talent but it is not being developed. I'm not sure where the disconnect is.

I've been as down on CGM as anyone.   To deny that he has slowly taken his hands off the reigns and learned to trust his coaches would be pigheaded.  I'm not willing to throw someone to the curb who appears to be making positive changes that we have all been clamoring for.

Improvement and headed in an obviously positive direction is all I'm asking for.  Should that improvement slide back to 17 straight first down runs up the middle with little to no success, I'll be ready to call for his head again.

But today, the sun is little brighter and the sky a little more blue.  I think I saw some orange in the sunset as well.

:cool:

5 hours ago, AU-24 said:

5 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

You know the op is one of the worst here. 

do you feel better now?

The "I told you so's" hashing it out with the "bus jumpers". If you're in the crowd that doesn't believe Gus iced the LSU game, good for you. And if you're in the crowd that, after last night, still can't get back on the bus, good for you too. We may or may not beat the turds, but I for one am amped up that we've got a serious head of steam for bama and we're coming in swinging. I'm not ashamed to have been ready to see him gone. Right now I'm saying "Go get'em, coach". 

Archived