KJ an Every Down Back

AuburnNTexas

I've always liked KJ as a person as he defines what I think of as an Auburn man. I've spoken with him several times. Always nice, quiet, humble, and doesn't look for attention at all.

I've had my doubts about him as a primary RB - mostly due to his injuries. But boy has he proved me, and many others, wrong this season. He was hobbled a bit early, but now he is running like an absolute beast. He looks 110% healthy for once and it's showing up on the stat line.

We were having dinner after the game and Kerryon and his family were there. When they got up to walk out the whole place started clapping for him. He acknowledged it with a smile and quiet thank you and departed....

.... with a limp. Get some ice and rest young man! :P

20 hours ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

They just mentioned Kerryon for Heisman on the FirstTake on ESPN. I'm home with a virus, so that's why I am watching. Don't usually have this on, but it is fun hearing Auburn mentioned so much today!!!

19 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

They just mentioned Kerryon for Heisman on the FirstTake on ESPN. I'm home with a virus, so that's why I am watching. Don't usually have this on, but it is fun hearing Auburn mentioned so much today!!!

Get well.

The game has slowed down for the young man. He anticipates where the holes are going to be and is patient . Sometimes so much so that I think there's no way he will get back to the line. He's as complete back as anybody in the country. And I swear he never even looks to be breathing hard. A true warrior and Auburn man.

10 hours ago, Linayus said:

I've always liked KJ as a person as he defines what I think of as an Auburn man. I've spoken with him several times. Always nice, quiet, humble, and doesn't look for attention at all.

I've had my doubts about him as a primary RB - mostly due to his injuries. But boy has he proved me, and many others, wrong this season. He was hobbled a bit early, but now he is running like an absolute beast. He looks 110% healthy for once and it's showing up on the stat line.

We were having dinner after the game and Kerryon and his family were there. When they got up to walk out the whole place started clapping for him. He acknowledged it with a smile and quiet thank you and departed....

.... with a limp. Get some ice and rest young man! :P

So, how bad was this limp? ??‍♀️

10 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

It is probably too late in the season for Kerryon to gain traction in the Heisman race, but this season has turned out whacky enough that it may not matter.  That said, he should be on Heisman watch lists heading into 2018.  I am obviously biased, but he either makes holes or waits for one to materialize.  That is the bizarre combination of athletic ability, patience, and intelligence that does not exactly grow on trees.

I heard him mentioned for Heisman again on a different show. Tre Mason got invited late, too. KJ might not win it, but I do think it would be a great trip for him and his family.  He certainly has been the most valuable player on this team in terms of scoring.  He has carried the team on his back and been a great leader and role model. He's still got a few more games to prove himself worthy in others' eyes.  When is the voting deadline?!  KJ for Heisman!!!

Your post is incorrect. I have only seen him on a couple of 4th downs.

18 hours ago, AidiAU said:

So, how bad was this limp? ??‍♀️

Nothing a couple days off wouldn't fix from the little bit I witnessed. :)

Archived