Gus quote

McLoofus

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, McLoofus said:

SIAP but last night was 100% swag and it started at the top. Thank you for this crow, Mr. Malzahn, sir. May I have another?

https://mobile.twitter.com/JFergusonAU/status/929555882777694209

be careful....trusting malzahn is like trusting an unfaithful wife....just when you start to trust her, boom!, your youngest child tells you that "uncle bill" visited mama today....reality sets in,you don't know anybody named bill

I liked what I saw in Gus during the post game presser. I saw a man with "real" determination. He seemed bolder (in a good way). Not like I've ever seen him before. He had a bit of a "mean" on.  Like something clicked. It could be the concern for his job or it could be he broke through finally as a coach. I hope its the latter and he keeps it up.

1 minute ago, MDM4AU said:

I liked what I saw in Gus during the post game presser. I saw a man with "real" determination. He seemed bolder (in a good way). Not like I've ever seen him before. He had a bit of a "mean" on.  Like something clicked. It could be the concern for his job or it could be he broke through finally as a coach. I hope its the latter and he keeps it up.

I like how he kept emphasizing, "handily"

11 minutes ago, MDM4AU said:

I get the feeling that it might be personal between him and Kirby.

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I get the feeling that it might be personal between him and Kirby.

what tipped you off...maybe that last little pass from Willis?  :)

Just now, AU64 said:

Hah. Actually it's more about recruiting in my mind. Just my guess. All I know is that we came into this game in full on troll/petty/FU mode and it's a side of Gus I haven't seen. And I'm just so damn happy 64! I hate those bastards and I'm so happy that Gus does, too!

20 minutes ago, MDM4AU said:

I said the same thing on Tuesday in the uga presser thread. Things seemed different with Gus then and it gave me confidence in the team. 

8 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Idk if Kirby was mad but Gary sure was. He was pissed when Gus challenged the spot also. If it had been saban he would say, he's detailed until the last second....

Maybe this game did mean more to Gus, much like the Arkansas game. If so then every game must fall into this classification of must win. Whatever it was, I think every game is a must win. No more GA. Southern and Mercer types games if that means we take them lightly. No more getting ahead and then playing not to lose. Keep applying the pressure throughout the game and let no team be immune to relentless preparation and pressure.

57 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

SIAP but last night was 100% swag and it started at the top. Thank you for this crow, Mr. Malzahn, sir. May I have another?

https://mobile.twitter.com/JFergusonAU/status/929555882777694209

"

This Gus needs to come out to play more often."

2 hours ago, tigerfangs said:

Idk if Kirby was mad but Gary sure was. He was pissed when Gus challenged the spot also. If it had been saban he would say, he's detailed until the last second....

True.....and I was hoping he would ask for a review on the second  try too but guess he had made his point by then. 

I don’t know thst there is anything personal against KS but UGA is killing it on recruiting.  Are they negative recruiting and telling recruits AU is in disarray and GM is going to be gone after this yr?  Im sure they get the download from recruits. That would be another to despise UGA.

8 minutes ago, mom2kid said:

I don’t know thst there is anything personal against KS but UGA is killing it on recruiting.  Are they negative recruiting and telling recruits AU is in disarray and GM is going to be gone after this yr?  Im sure they get the download from recruits. That would be another to despise UGA.

This is exactly what I've read right next door in the recruiting forum.

I wish JF would change his mind. Just so he would get out of SEC if he didn't come to us. 

3 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

I wish JF would change his mind. Just so he would get out of SEC if he didn't come to us. 

Can’t wait to see JG lead us to more victories against him

The beauty of it was Georgia came into our house thug style and tried to intimidate our players from the beginning. All the pushing and in your face stuff from the 1st play, that was a planned tactic from the Georgia coaching staff. It's what they do. You noticed that immediately our players were having none of it and gave it right back. That is a great example of our coaching staff getting the players mentally ready from the very 1st play. Good job. 

3 hours ago, doverstutts said:

be careful....trusting malzahn is like trusting an unfaithful wife....just when you start to trust her, boom!, your youngest child tells you that "uncle bill" visited mama today....reality sets in,you don't know anybody named bill

We will see. If you can't see the difference in Gus snice the LSU game then you will never approve of him. What will you say when he wins the SEC this year?

2 hours ago, IronMan70 said:

The beauty of it was Georgia came into our house thug style and tried to intimidate our players from the beginning. All the pushing and in your face stuff from the 1st play, that was a planned tactic from the Georgia coaching staff. It's what they do. You noticed that immediately our players were having none of it and gave it right back. That is a great example of our coaching staff getting the players mentally ready from the very 1st play. Good job. 

That was my take, immediately.  The odd thought crossed my mind that I wanted, I NEEDED this Georgia team to lose.  I might have tolerated a Richt win, unhappily, but tolerated.  This had "Saban Swag II" painted all over it and I was disgusted.  They learned who had the house keys VERY early...as if, from the crowd noise, they actually had to enter the stadium to find out.

I will always, ALWAYS be grateful to every single soul there in person, contributing to the "12th Man" factor.  It shriveled "Dawgconfidence" mightily.  Auburn stopped the run, which was another gut-punch.  Wide receivers completed some excellently thrown passes when Auburn wasn't powering their own mighty run, kudos to the receivers, to Stidham, and to the O-line. I KNOW the bulldogs are scratching their heads today, singing the "What If" song.

And one more thing...did anyone else SEE GUS's SMILE walking off that field at the buzzer?  Sheer elation...I have NEVER seen him that pumped.  That kind of feeling is one most want to repeat.

Prayers that Mercer gives Alabama fits next Saturday.  Hey, it's happened before.  :jossun:

Prayers that we give Louisiana-Monroe the same respect and intensity EACH of our opponents deserve.  There will be time enough for "future talk" later.  One game at a time, just win, baby, chop that wood.

6 hours ago, doverstutts said:

It must really suck for you to have to watch Gus lead Auburn to such a convincing win.  Or maybe your take is that Georgia really wasn't any good.

4 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

We will see. If you can't see the difference in Gus snice the LSU game then you will never approve of him. What will you say when he wins the SEC this year?

When or if?  If we win, he's done a hell of a job and hopefully it springboards him to another gig. His overall record against good teams....I can't get past. Sorry!

Archived