Null



Recommended Posts





1 hour ago, Apraser99 said:

When or if?  If we win, he's done a hell of a job and hopefully it springboards him to another gig. His overall record against good teams....I can't get past. Sorry!

When

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Apraser99 said:

When or if?  If we win, he's done a hell of a job and hopefully it springboards him to another gig. His overall record against good teams....I can't get past. Sorry!

:o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I get the feeling that it might be personal between him and Kirby.

he gives his best against Kirby every time when they have comparable levels of talent....2009, 2010, 2013, 2014 he won the battle every time. Im not sure what really happened in 2014 after that last TD to Quan aside from unfavorable red zone play calling, but Gus's wins outnumber Kirby's (although Kirby had provided the stinker in 2016 and clamped the emancipated Gus offense of 2011) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, AUBwins said:

I wish JF would change his mind. Just so he would get out of SEC if he didn't come to us. 

How many times do we see a can’t miss 5 star that just doesn’t pan out. I’m not fretting who we don’t get. I want guys that want to come to Auburn. That belive in Auburn. Otherwise they normally leave anyway as some of our big recruits have.JF chose so let’s move on. We got Gatewood and Cox coming. They’ll be lucky if any of them can beat out JS or MW. I try to spend a lot more time being happy with who we get than fretting over the few we don’t. My hope this week is that Gus puts 50 plus on ULM so no one on the team ever again thinks it’s ok to take a pew plays or a couple of quarters off again. Winning is a mindset you learn. 

Edited by Eagle Eye 7
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I️ I loved the way CD was jawing at the sidelines after every play. Thugga was definitely trying to intimidate from the sidelines and we didn’t back down. I don’t post often but this is my take on whole Gus “foot on the pedal thing” and the whole Gus thing in general. I am no insider, however I work in the community and speak with many donors and those “in the know”. I have never asked them directly but in listening to what they say I’ve pieced together this opinion. When you look at when GM was the OC he constantly had his foot on the pedal. Then he came back as HC and in 2013 continued. Somewhere in 2014-2015 there was a conversation with the PTB about defense and Him slowing it down to help them out. Being a young HC and knowing these people controlled his program, he changed. You can see that philosophy the past two years. Right now with no AD , my feeling is that Gus is off his leash again. I really think that if the PTB just left him the heck alone he would be fine. If we look back there is a trend here with other HCs. Tubs had to bring in Franklin, GC had to hire, that lame duck OC... I forget his name, after Gus left after being told to slow it down. I think the only way we are very going to be a consistent big time program is to let the coach do his job, hire his people and create his own program his way. Well that’s my rant for this year I will sit back, read and listen. Love this site and many days after a long day I get on here enjoy the conversation. War Eagle!

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

We will see. If you can't see the difference in Gus snice the LSU game then you will never approve of him. What will you say when he wins the SEC this year?

What I had seen since LSU was Gus letting Chip do his job. What I saw last night was a whole new CEO looking HC running this program. If he can show me over the next few games that this is in fact the new Gus, I’ll drive the bus for Gus. Notice how much praise he was giving the players and the assistant coaches. He was proud of his support people and you could see they were proud of him. The way it should be. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I get the feeling that it might be personal between him and Kirby.

I think you’re exactly right. All the negative ‘crootin Bowl Cut has done against him seems to have set Gus on edge. Would love to see him have that intensity and focus every game.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ToraGirl said:

That was my take, immediately.  The odd thought crossed my mind that I wanted, I NEEDED this Georgia team to lose.  I might have tolerated a Richt win, unhappily, but tolerated.  This had "Saban Swag II" painted all over it and I was disgusted.  They learned who had the house keys VERY early...as if, from the crowd noise, they actually had to enter the stadium to find out.

I will always, ALWAYS be grateful to every single soul there in person, contributing to the "12th Man" factor.  It shriveled "Dawgconfidence" mightily.  Auburn stopped the run, which was another gut-punch.  Wide receivers completed some excellently thrown passes when Auburn wasn't powering their own mighty run, kudos to the receivers, to Stidham, and to the O-line. I KNOW the bulldogs are scratching their heads today, singing the "What If" song.

And one more thing...did anyone else SEE GUS's SMILE walking off that field at the buzzer?  Sheer elation...I have NEVER seen him that pumped.  That kind of feeling is one most want to repeat.

Prayers that Mercer gives Alabama fits next Saturday.  Hey, it's happened before.  :jossun:

Prayers that we give Louisiana-Monroe the same respect and intensity EACH of our opponents deserve.  There will be time enough for "future talk" later.  One game at a time, just win, baby, chop that wood.

Chop that wood ? I thought it was “ row the boat” . Sorry maybe a different team 😂  sorry just being funny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ll give credit where credit is due. This was Gus’s best game ever. He not only kicked the crap out of the dawgs ( his words not mine) he rubbed their nose in it also. My kind of coaching. When you do this people start worrying about playing you and get self-conscious  and it and wind up getting out of their normal routine. This is exactly what Saben does and it nets them some wins because teams show up not to win but just not be humiliated. 

Edited by Eagle Eye 7
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I waited on this since that blanky blank....black out game. This was revenage. I will be bringing this up at Thanksgiving tables through the years...a wall hanger of a win for Auburn University. 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

During Smart's weekly press conference on Monday, the second-year Georgia coach was asked about Malzahn's remarks, how they sat with him and whether he would remember it down the line, especially with a potential rematch looming in the SEC Championship Game should Auburn topple Alabama in the Iron Bowl on Nov. 25.

"I'll be honest with you, I think when you perform the way they did on the field, you earn the right to say whatever you want," Smart said. "So I don't get into what Gus says, and he probably doesn't get into what I say."

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2017/11/kirby_smart_response_gus_malza.html

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still think this new "Gus Unleashed" has everything to do with JJ stepping down and Gus feeling free to run things how he wants.   

 

I was off the bus after Lsu but now I'll stand on the bus until I see how he coaches the next 2 games and hopefully sec champ and bowl games.   I don't mind losing if the other team is just better but can't stand poor coaching (lsu and Clemson) causing a loss 

 

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

During Smart's weekly press conference on Monday, the second-year Georgia coach was asked about Malzahn's remarks, how they sat with him and whether he would remember it down the line, especially with a potential rematch looming in the SEC Championship Game should Auburn topple Alabama in the Iron Bowl on Nov. 25.

"I'll be honest with you, I think when you perform the way they did on the field, you earn the right to say whatever you want," Smart said. "So I don't get into what Gus says, and he probably doesn't get into what I say."

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2017/11/kirby_smart_response_gus_malza.html

I bet he'd say something different if you asked him in private. Especially with how he's been trying to trash us on the recruiting trail...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m a fan of this Gus because you can tell he’s on a mission to prove everyone wrong. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Apraser99 said:

When or if?  If we win, he's done a hell of a job and hopefully it springboards him to another gig. His overall record against good teams....I can't get past. Sorry!

What? I have been very down on Gus all year, but if he follows up Saturday with winning the SEC, how can you not want him for at least one more season?  I mean seriously?

wde

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

I’m a fan of this Gus because you can tell he’s on a mission to prove everyone wrong. 

Me too.  Regardless of what happens against spuat (and right now, I think we have a really decent shot of knocking them off), I want this Gus from Game 1 against everyone, but especially against our rivals.

wde

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/12/2017 at 2:15 PM, austudnt23 said:

We will see. If you can't see the difference in Gus snice the LSU game then you will never approve of him. What will you say when he wins the SEC this year?

23, I don't expect a response from you, but you are spot on about Gus/Auburn being a different team since LSU. Its not even debatable. I don't know if Gus took the LSU loss to heart, or if he's mad as a hornet, or if its a learning curve as a head coach, but the last 3 games are what I and others knew Gus and Auburn were capable of (it seems since LSU he's let go of some demons that were previously holding him back). This team is very talented and can make a run. Like you said, the talent is a Top 5 team, and over the last 3 games Gus as unearthed all that talent he's amassed. I hate coaching changes, despise them. I hope Gus wins it all and earns himself a very nice pay raise and is the Auburn head coach for a very long time.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

What I had seen since LSU was Gus letting Chip do his job. What I saw last night was a whole new CEO looking HC running this program. If he can show me over the next few games that this is in fact the new Gus, I’ll drive the bus for Gus. Notice how much praise he was giving the players and the assistant coaches. He was proud of his support people and you could see they were proud of him. The way it should be. 

if this is the case, i won't get on the bus just yet, but i will pump the gas and check the oil, and put air in the tires

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, TigerFanAU said:

23, I don't expect a response from you, but you are spot on about Gus/Auburn being a different team since LSU. Its not even debatable. I don't know if Gus took the LSU loss to heart, or if he's mad as a hornet, or if its a learning curve as a head coach, but the last 3 games are what I and others knew Gus and Auburn were capable of (it seems since LSU he's let go of some demons that were previously holding him back). This team is very talented and can make a run. Like you said, the talent is a Top 5 team, and over the last 3 games Gus as unearthed all that talent he's amassed. I hate coaching changes, despise them. I hope Gus wins it all and earns himself a very nice pay raise and is the Auburn head coach for a very long time.

Until Saturday, we had seen the act before from Gus.......coach stupid/afraid, blow big games early then blow out teams that we should and then coach stupid/afraid and blow rival games late.  Saturday, Gus broke that trend.

wde

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, aubietiger14 said:

I still think this new "Gus Unleashed" has everything to do with JJ stepping down and Gus feeling free to run things how he wants.   

 

I was off the bus after Lsu but now I'll stand on the bus until I see how he coaches the next 2 games and hopefully sec champ and bowl games.   I don't mind losing if the other team is just better but can't stand poor coaching (lsu and Clemson) causing a loss 

me either, and i have witnessed a whole lot of poor coaching from mr. wizard that caused us to lose,ridiculous stuff at that

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Apraser99 said:

When or if?  If we win, he's done a hell of a job and hopefully it springboards him to another gig. His overall record against good teams....I can't get past. Sorry!

Move along... As StatTiger pointed out, when Gus is in the Top 10, he is 7-3 vs ranked teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ha I thought that was awesome! I would have said something much worse I’m sure but that’s prolly about as nasty as ole Gus gets. Not sure where he came from, but I like this version. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, aubietiger14 said:

I still think this new "Gus Unleashed" has everything to do with JJ stepping down and Gus feeling free to run things how he wants.   

 

I was off the bus after Lsu but now I'll stand on the bus until I see how he coaches the next 2 games and hopefully sec champ and bowl games.   I don't mind losing if the other team is just better but can't stand poor coaching (lsu and Clemson) causing a loss 

 

 

 

Yes I don’t know if it was from JJ getting canned that freed him up or brought his future to bare. Maybe he figured if we got rid of JJ it was a prelude to getting rid of him. Unfortunately, sometimes it takes dire circumstance to bring oneself to making needed changes in their life. 

Edited by Eagle Eye 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now