Gus quote

McLoofus

17 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Move along... As StatTiger pointed out, when Gus is in the Top 10, he is 7-3 vs ranked teams.

Most teams good enough to be in the top 10 will have winning records against ranked teams. Since we haven't been in the top four equation lately let's look at AP poll finishes under Gus...2013 #2, 2014 #22, 2015 Unranked, 2016 #24.

I'm glad to be one of the top 25 teams in the country, don't get me wrong. However, aside from where we are right now, with one maybe three tough games left, the trend is not good. I just think we should be more competitive, that's all. We all have our opinions.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Apraser99 said:

Most teams good enough to be in the top 10 will have winning records against ranked teams. Since we haven't been in the top four equation lately let's look at AP poll finishes under Gus...2013 #2, 2014 #22, 2015 Unranked, 2016 #24.

I'm glad to be one of the top 25 teams in the country, don't get me wrong. However, aside from where we are right now, with one maybe three tough games left, the trend is not good. I just think we should be more competitive, that's all. We all have our opinions.

7-3

I still think it all goes back to the LSU loss. I think that was the first time in Gus' career that he ever felt like his job was in jeopardy. He looked at what caused the collapse and realized he could not go conservative. Now 3 games in a row an attacking style of play have produced great results. I firmly believe he understands and we will see a different coach moving forward. We will lose games but it won't be because AU's staff didn't try everything in the book to pull it out.  

On 11/12/2017 at 10:44 AM, tigerfangs said:

Idk if Kirby was mad but Gary sure was. He was pissed when Gus challenged the spot also. If it had been saban he would say, he's detailed until the last second....

Thank You! Exactly. I can't stand Gary.

2 hours ago, Eagle-1 said:

Thank You! Exactly. I can't stand Gary.

CBS might as well just bring Eli Gold to call games with him.

Gary, who at times seemed to be more balanced, but now only by comparison, trying to keep the Verne spirit alive. One more person to enjoy dining upon crow croquettes.  

2 hours ago, ToraGirl said:

Gary, who at times seemed to be more balanced, but now only by comparison, trying to keep the Verne spirit alive. One more person to enjoy dining upon crow croquettes.  

Always thought he, and Verne to be very pro UGA. Why, I have no clue. I suppose Verne has many friends, and aquainteces in the Augusta area.

Archived