Things I Think I Saw (AU vs Georgia).....

JMR

On 11/13/2017 at 11:50 AM, Linayus said:

Having to watch this game on TV gave me an opportunity to notice specific individuals more so than from in the stadium and I have to say Braden Smith was a pure dominating force in this game, as I'm sure he has been often in his career). We are going to miss him!!

Wonder if it irritates you like it does me that tv announcers often call him "Brandon" rather than "Braden." They did that the whole game on Saturday. Ugh!!!

• Like 2

Speaking of Cox, on the Stidham td run,  he just chipped the DE enough to get Stidham outside, then takes on the oncoming safety at the 5 and drives him back into the endzone.

On November 14, 2017 at 7:54 AM, Slammer1 said:

We had a great win over the Dawgs but I don't want us to fall into the same attitude I think GA had. I think they fell in love with their press clippings and would run all over us. Well, as everyone knows, that didn't happen. I am sure saban will have bama more than prepared  for us, however I do think we  have the talent to beat him.  I just don't want us to get over confident with  the GA win. It's been my experience that when you play with a little fear of your opponent you tend  to perform  at a higher level. It will be interesting to see how all this plays out. JMO

WDE

Yes, yes, yes.  There is more "rat poison" going around concerning Auburn football this week than I have ever seen.  Every newspaper in the country, the ESPN "experts", all the forums, you name it, all singing their praises following the great victory.  Many think beating Bammer and following that with another beat down of UGA in the championship game is a foregone conclusion.  Get real!  Just beating Bammer alone will take a monumental upset.  Getting ready to take on a great and embarrassed UGA team one week following that is almost inconceivably tough.  You have always heard how hard it is to beat a good team twice!  It's still a really long shot!  

Our guys need to get it in their heads that you don't win games with press clippings.  You take this play by play and game by game.  As well as you played last week it means nothing the next week.  Block out all the noise and do your job each and every play.  Take nothing for granted.  It's great to be confident but don't let it go to your head.  That is how you win.  DON'T EAT THAT RAT POISON!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, TigerTennis80 said:

Wonder if it irritates you like it does me that tv announcers often call him "Brandon" rather than "Braden." They did that the whole game on Saturday. Ugh!!!

I was screaming at the tv.  If you are going to be an announcer for a game at least get their names right.  I get that some of them are harder than others, but Braden is not that complicated.  Besides you sit down with the coaches and staff before the games as how to pronounce the ones that are difficult.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, weagl1 said:

Yes, yes, yes.  There is more "rat poison" going around concerning Auburn football this week than I have ever seen.  Every newspaper in the country, the ESPN "experts", all the forums, you name it, all singing their praises following the great victory.  Many think beating Bammer and following that with another beat down of UGA in the championship game is a foregone conclusion.  Get real!  Just beating Bammer alone will take a monumental upset.  Getting ready to take on a great and embarrassed UGA team one week following that is almost inconceivably tough.  You have always heard how hard it is to beat a good team twice!  It's still a really long shot!  

Our guys need to get it in their heads that you don't win games with press clippings.  You take this play by play and game by game.  As well as you played last week it means nothing the next week.  Block out all the noise and do your job each and every play.  Take nothing for granted.  It's great to be confident but don't let it go to your head.  That is how you win.  DON'T EAT THAT RAT POISON!

I know the defense isn't listening to it. They've got good leadership on that side of the ball to tune that noise out. They believe they can stop anybody and they don't need affirmation from the media to make it true. They want to beat the best and BE the best. :)