Iron Bowl Kickoff Time Set

WDE0007

5 minutes ago, AUcivE09 said:

Whats a fan gotta do to get a night game? There again - I think our last 2 victory's kicked off at 2pm

Answer: Not be good.  The best SEC game is at 2:30 per the contract.  This is what you want.

^2014. And that was just because CBS had covered five Alabama games AND there was another game going on (Egg Bowl) that was good enough to where it wasn’t worth it for CBS to pay ESPN the fee for showing a team for the sixth time. In 2015 and 16, there wasn’t.

There’s only been two other night IB kicks this century—2003 and 2007.

10 minutes ago, WDE0007 said:

I'll be very surprised (and offended) if College GameDay doesn't come to the Iron Bowl. It'll hands down be the game of the week.

We should sue ESPN if that happens! The Apple Cup is the only other ranked game that weekend to determine a division I think and well.. UW and WSU is no Top 5 Iron Bowl that’s for sure

2 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Answer: Not be good.  The best SEC game is at 2:30 per the contract.  This is what you want.

I know its the best slot - would just be nice to have a big time SEC game played at night. I just hate the 230 cbs "prime time" slot.

2 hours ago, AUcivE09 said:

Whats a fan gotta do to get a night game? There again - I think our last 2 victory's kicked off at 2pm

it will be night by halftime

2 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

Commercials. Hundreds no doubt.

Communique from the future:  Look forward to many commercials in two weeks.  Expect at least one of them to be repeated in nearly all commercial breaks.

2 hours ago, WDE0007 said:

I'll be very surprised (and offended) if College GameDay doesn't come to the Iron Bowl. It'll hands down be the game of the week.

Meh, that's no longer a badge of honor if you ask me. GameDay has lost its luster.

4 minutes ago, jared52 said:

Meh, that's no longer a badge of honor if you ask me. GameDay has lost its luster.

True, doesn’t mean as much as it used to but it means a lot of fans will be up and running at 7am. Gameday is certainly still good for the home team I think

2 hours ago, djg0017 said:

We should sue ESPN if that happens! The Apple Cup is the only other ranked game that weekend to determine a division I think and well..

The what now?

37 minutes ago, auburn_tiger2015 said:

I will be in Paris for the game... anyone have any suggestions for watching the game internationally?

I could always convert a bunch of Parisians in a bar to Auburn fans. :Sing:

You may just need to listen to it online.

17 minutes ago, Auctoritas said:

...start?

I couldn’t even eat for the uga game - straight liquid diet. It seemed to work so I’m hyrdrating now in preparation for the Iron Bowl. #teamwork

Archived