I confess in front of the entire family I was wrong

ellitor

Kerryon Johnson is an every down back. I have known it for a month or so now. Guys like @McLoofus have known it a lot longer. You were right. I was wrong. Just now getting around to saying it.

I will jump on this bandwagon.  I am 90% sure I posted this summer KJ couldn't carry a heavy load and be healthy at the end of the season, based on his past.  Great job Kerryon!

Also - I didn't think Auburn could win a tough, close game.  And we didn't!!   Thankfully we dominated the dogs.   I refuse to watch anything bama, but I have to believe we have a great chance to upset them also considering how they played the Aggies and MSU.  

WDE

Yeah um...I spoke unhighly about coach always running KJ & not sharing the load... I was expecting negative results & feeling sorry for KJ because he looked winded a couple times. Wow! Kid has been durable and a complete asset to the team. Praying he(&all our players) stay healthy. Sorry y'all for doubting. Confidently Happy with coaches telling the players to have fun during the game. Haven't seen our players(or fans) enjoy a game like that in a long time.  Great experience! War friggin Eagle!

3 minutes ago, HAYinthemiddleoftheBARN said:

Yeah um...I spoke unhighly about coach always running KJ & not sharing the load... I was expecting negative results & feeling sorry for KJ because he looked winded a couple times. Wow! Kid has been durable and a complete asset to the team. Praying he(&all our players) stay healthy. Sorry y'all for doubting. Confidently Happy with coaches telling the players to have fun during the game. Haven't seen our players(or fans) enjoy a game like that in a long time.  Great experience! War friggin Eagle!

+1

It's been a LONG time coming, at least 4 yrs since our crew had a solid reason to have fun and celebrate a dominating win like that.  

Confession is good for the soul. To be honest, he wasn't an every day back, but the kid has tenacity and a work ethic that is second to none and he built himself into one. He deserves all the credit in the world.

Its been a crazy year. I can't remember a year where so many emotions have been involved. BUT I am coming around to believing that Gus is finally showing us he knows how to coach and knows his players. Something about that LSU game has set us on a different course, and its a good one. 

31 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Confession is good for the soul. To be honest, he wasn't an every day back, but the kid has tenacity and a work ethic that is second to none and he built himself into one. He deserves all the credit in the world.

You hit the nail on the head. I don’t think he was necessarily an every down back when we got here but has worked himself in to one. He’s got tenacity and a work ethic like crazy, his whole family does for that matter. I have watched him from his entire high school career until now and am continually impressed with everything this young man does. 

I knew it 3-4 games into last year. He CAN do it. Not 30+ every game though no RB should have to. At this point in the season we gotta ride him. . Just need some relief to get him in the 20-22 carries range. Asa Martin will provide that next year if KJ or KP get injured. 

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

Kerryon Johnson is an every down back. I have known it for a month or so now. Guys like @McLoofus have known it a lot longer. You were right. I was wrong. Just now getting around to saying it.

Auburn family forgives!  Way to man up.   

I do not post anything negative about specific players. So I was never on the record but I feel compelled to spill the beans.

Last year I was unhappy that KJ was playing much at all. To my extremely untrained eye he seems slow, has long strides which makes his cuts not look very sharp. Honestly, I did not see much that I liked. 

Wow has he proved me wrong.  He is very patient and excellent vision. He waits for a hole if there is not one and then exploits it, always fights for every inch and falls forward. I could not have been more wrong and boy am I happy about that. War Eagle KJ!  You are a warrior!

I confess I didn't believe KJ was this durable either.  I was wrong.

Now how about those who thought this offense couldn't possibly work without a true dual threat QB come forward?  ;)

Stidham is doing just fine when the offense is tweaked to suit his strengths.  He makes the D worry about the deep ball.

As much as I liked SW, if he tried that post pattern to Slayton, it gets picked off at the 5 yd line.

2 hours ago, TigerFanAU said:

Its been a crazy year. I can't remember a year where so many emotions have been involved. BUT I am coming around to believing that Gus is finally showing us he knows how to coach and knows his players. Something about that LSU game has set us on a different course, and its a good one. 

Can we somehow have Gus wear a virtual reality headgear every year before fall practice even begins and replay the LSU game? Maybe he will learn that lesson before the season starts and we can start off strong for game one. Just trying to look at options. :dunno:

39 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

Now how about those who thought this offense couldn't possibly work without a true dual threat QB come forward?  ;)

Stidham is doing just fine when the offense is tweaked to suit his strengths.  He makes the D worry about the deep ball.

As much as I liked SW, if he tried that post pattern to Slayton, it gets picked off at the 5 yd line.

Right there with you on this. 

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

suck up

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

It was always about his injury history for you and not his size or ability. You know his story since long before he was in college.

The folks who thought he was too small or that we didn't run the ball in 2016 until he got hurt and KP took over... :Sing:

That's OK E.  I was ready to fire Herb and Gus after the Clemson loss and especially after the LSU debacle.  But the OL has come on even with the injuries and the shuffling and that was one of the best game plans I have seen in a long time last Saturday.  

8 hours ago, alexava said:

Asa Martin will provide that next year if KJ or KP get injured. 

Yeah like Kam and Devan were supposed to do this year. It's if he even gets the chance.

Classy move E!

This summer I went back and watched a few games when KJ was healthy and realized how much potential he has.  Even with that said, I have been pleasantly surprised with his game these last few weeks!  He is without question one of the best RBs in the country!

10 hours ago, johnnyAU said:

All are good points.  My first question Saturday was "Where has this offense been all year?"

2 hours ago, saminbama said:

All are good points.  My first question Saturday was "Where has this offense been all year?"

Where has this offense been all year? Averaging 43.5 points a game in the first 6 SEC games. Thus statistically, the UGA result was a little under our average output.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Where has this offense been all year? Averaging 43.5 points a game in the first 6 SEC games. Thus statistically, the UGA result was a little under our average output.

And playing against a top 5 D.  That was certainly a factor.

17 hours ago, ellitor said:

That'll be one Our Father and 10 Hail Mary's my son

Archived